Urban Myer and Trevor Lawrence,

JetBlue

Well two meaningless wins and we are watching what could have been our next coach and quarterback getting ready to come together and make Jacksonville a very attractive team all of a sudden.  In fact they about to become one of the NFLs glamour teams.  Now all we can do is root for them to fail or at least not do so great and at the same time praying that JD strikes gold with whatever direction he decides to go in the draft.   Of course I realize that anything can happen.  TL could turn out to be a bust, or get injured, Meyer may find out his act doesn't work with grown men etc.   Having said all of that, it sure would have been nice to have perhaps the top coaching candidate and best quarterback prospect coming to the Jets and in the case of TL, for the majority of the season, it was almost a foregone conclusion that it was going to happen. 

I don't know what I did to deserve being a Jets fan but has been a tough 50 years.... 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

He's taking his kid Justin Fields with him to JAX. 

He recruited Fields from Georgia to Ohio State during a transfer and he watched Fields take his Ohio State team to the Championship this year (from a front office role). 

He's going to MAKE SURE his Jax front office makes Fields their #1 overall pick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He recruited Fields from Georgia to Ohio State during a transfer and he watched Fields take his Ohio State team to the Championship this year (from a front office role). 

He's going to MAKE SURE his Jax front office makes Fields their #1 overall pick. 

May it be so!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Wouldn’t he have came here if he wanted to cash checks and not win? 

Always good to be positive.

Meyer has to come in with a demand for control. With JDs stock still on the rise, he couldn’t get that here.

For me, Meyer is too close to Saban in profile. I wonder whether he can succeed.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

From what i've read.  It was Day, Meyer's protege, that recruited Fields who he's known since High School.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

From your lips to gods ears

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why are you doing this to yourself?

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am fine not having urban meyer or trevor lawrence.

You say that now. If you took a poll after Belichick decided to resign as the HC of the NYJ the majority of fans would have said they are fine with not having Belichick as the head coach as well.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

You say that now. If you took a poll after Belichick decided to resign as the HC of the NYJ the majority of fans would have said they are fine with not having Belichick as the head coach as well.

I'm pretty confident that meyer is not bellichick.  I am fine with the coach we have.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Yep. I was one of them. Went as far as to go to a Pats fan board and laugh at them for the picks we were getting in return for a grumpy old loser. I maintained that stance for 1 1/2 years.  Since then it's been pretty bad.  lol 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Meyer is a brilliant coach, leader and motivator. The question is whether or not he’s in it for the long haul. I’m not sure.

If history is any indication, he almost certainly is not in it for the long haul. At least the NCAA rules can’t hang over his head in the NFL I guess, but I’d be surprised if he’s patient enough to stick around.

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Well, to be fair, BB would have been out of coaching by now if he didn't have Tom Brady.

• Upvote 1

I’m starting to think having the number 2 pick might be a blessing in disguise.  If we trade back and load up on even more picks we can build a complete young studly team in 2 or 3 drafts.  It sucks we missed out on Trevor, but even Peyton Manning didnt win his first playoff game until he was 28 years old and they don’t come more generational than him,