Robert Saleh Hired: MERGED

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people were bummed w/him leaving after the interview but I was thinking that perhaps he did need to review w/his family . . . a smart idea and someone w/some good values (in my book).  Looks like a solid choice and someone who will light a fire. 

BTW . . . that JR Jr. post above wishing him look and saying things about the organization . . . keep fueling that . . . it's good incentive!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

After his stellar pro career, Jerry Rice Jr. is exactly who I would be listening to about this.

Didn't the Alouettes cut him?

Ad hominem. What is he saying that is wrong?

The Jets have finished in last place 4 of the last 5 seasons in their division(except last year when they finished 3rd).

The Jets have the longest playoff drought in the NFL by far - 10 seasons, second closest is the Cardinals with 5 years.

The less said about the Johnsons, the better.

You have the worst QB in the NFL as your QB1 along with some of the worst offensive skill players in the league.

This is a horrible, horrible job and it will take a miracle worker to figure it out.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Let me be clear:  I like the hire tonight.

With that said....

......if we go heavy Defense in the Draft, like using the #2 and our 2nd on Defense, I'm gonna be unhappy.

We are the worst Offensive Team in the NFL over the past two decades.

We still MUST fix the Offense, first and foremost.  The D is a literal afterthought by comparison.

I truly hope Saleh is the "CEO" we're told we wanted, and will help Douglas fix our biggest most glaring weakness, the OFFENSE.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

We’ve seen this movie before. We hire the hot coordinator, over and over again.

I hope this all works out don’t get me wrong but I ain’t holding my breath. 

this ain't the "hot coordinator"...this guy was the best candidate over the course of the past 5+ years.

buckle the **** up

and 

shut the **** up

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We’ve seen this movie before. We hire the hot coordinator, over and over again.

I hope this all works out don’t get me wrong but I ain’t holding my breath. 

All the top candidates were coordinators. This is the dumbest take ever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One of my favorite things in Jet-Land right now is that Saleh and Douglas appear to be bulldogs.  The Jets are going to have identity.  A culture.  Hard nose, but smart.  I like it.

Totally needed revamp after Bowles and Gase. The Jets have been asleep on the field for five years. That 49ers team played with its hair on fire. Love it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1