Robert Saleh Hired: MERGED

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, I trust Douglas, Saleh, and LaFleur to make the best decision at QB. If they believe the skill set in their system could bring out the best in Darnold, it is worth giving a shot. If they want to go a different direction in the draft or with a trade, go with it.

Right now, I trust the people making the decisions more than I have any Jets brain trust since probably the Parcells days.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

That’s your take but I’m sure there’s a couple of current head coaches in the college ranks that are better qualified.

Like who?

Harbaugh decided to return to Michigan. Campbell declined to interview here and is staying at Iowa. Fitzgerald doesn't look like he's leaving college either. 

42 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As long as we're checking in with west coast real estate agents who's father's were NFL receivers, I'll wait to see Nick Toon's take:

That's a condo complex in a great area of Downtown Scottsdale, AZ.  It's about 15 minutes from me.  Funny, never knew Nick Toon was a real estate agent out here in the desert!

• Haha 1

Well whether they're keeping him or plan on trading him the first thing they're going to say is he's their guy! It's looking like the Jets finally got their s*** together and they're all business these days!?

It's about f****** time! Maybe they can send us a stimulus check? Or a 12-pack or something?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe - but if it is, it's the greatest smokescreen of all-time. We clearly have people on the board who talk to people and we know Schefter talks to people - everyone has the same scoop.

It's more likely to actually be the way the Jets are leaning right now as opposed to the most perfectly orchestrated smokescreen of all time. 

Regardless, things are not set in stone. Plans change and there is a long way until the draft. 

If they still end up drafting a QB -- say, Wilson -- at 2OA, and just sit him behind Darnold for awhile, I'd be okay with that. Best case scenario would be for Darnold to have a resurgence, however unlikely I find that now, and upping his trade value. Then, we can keep the best of the two and trade the other for a good haul of picks.

Of course, this could always be a case of Schefter just making guesses without any actual knowledge of what the Jets plan to do, or a calculated leak by the Jets to increase any potential trade offer for Darnold.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, CTM said:

Cool, dont love going defense again. But dude seems like he can coach so I'm down 

Not worried about that at all, especially when I watch the Bills (Sean McDermott) and the Ravens (John Harbaugh) facing each other this week to go to the AFC Championship game having two of the highest scoring offenses in the league.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

That’s your take but I’m sure there’s a couple of current head coaches in the college ranks that are better qualified.

We’ll see. You cannot say that this decision isn’t a crapshoot.

But he deserves his chance, so no reason to be jumping for joy just yet.  

Now Let’s see what they do with Sam, and let’s see if the organizational structure has changed. Let’s hope that ownership lets the football people make all the football decisions, sink or swim.

Because the history of successful college HCs who have success after moving to the NFL not named Johnson is?

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Schefter has no clue what the Jets think about Darnold, meaning whether hes their QB moving forward.  

If the jets were looking to deal the #2 pick they are certainly doing a horrible job at increasing the value. Once everyone knows you are sticking with darnold you shift all the power to Miami. I highly doubt anyone would trade up for Sewell in a deep O-Line class 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

If the jets were looking to deal the #2 pick they are certainly doing a horrible job at increasing the value. Once everyone knows you are sticking with darnold you shift all the power to Miami. I highly doubt anyone would trade up for Sewell in a deep O-Line class 

Nonsense no one is trading up to 3 for a QB without trying to move up to 2 first

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Based on cap room, draft capital, and young players in key spots, it was not one of the worst jobs. Saleh certainly didn't think it was. 

The worst part of the job, honestly, may be the fan base.

UnitedWhoFan, is that you?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

We’ll see. You cannot say that this decision isn’t a crapshoot.

But he deserves his chance, so no reason to be jumping for joy just yet.  

Now Let’s see what they do with Sam, and let’s see if the organizational structure has changed. Let’s hope that ownership lets the football people make all the football decisions, sink or swim.

Would rather not keep Sam but if they do they should get a haul for that pick. 

Just now, oatmeal said:

No one actually believes that Shefty has inside info on what the HC who was hired an hour ago thinks about Darnold.  Its a ridiculous comment from Schefter.  

And really, what's the difference, the Jets arent going to increase his value through news leaks

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Not worried about that at all, especially when I watch the Bills (Sean McDermott) and the Ravens (John Harbaugh) facing each other this week to go to the AFC Championship game having two of the highest scoring offenses in the league.

Agreed we all know they're going offense off of everything going on with the Shanahan, McVay, LaFleur tree....

I'm curious to see who he's going to have as a DC!? I've said it a few times already Christopher Johnson made it a point to State he wants a coach to oversee the whole team not just one side of the ball.

• Upvote 2