Robert Saleh Hired: MERGED

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Some of you are crazy.  Sam Darnold has 0 chance of being the qb of this team next year.  Joe D just hired his head coach and now is going to draft his future qb in Zach Wilson.  This is a fresh start for the jets.  Sam is a reminder of a failed regime.  Hes toast here.

Douglas will get the 49ers 2nd round pick for darnold on draft day.

Darnold has to go.  Why would JD or the Johnsons inflict him upon a new HC? Makes no sense. 

A do-over is a do-over.  New QB.  Darnold is pathetically bad. Just getting to him AVERAGE would be a miracle, so why does anyone on this site want him back???????  Scratch my head every time someone says Darnold should get another year. No.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not worried about that at all, especially when I watch the Bills (Sean McDermott) and the Ravens (John Harbaugh) facing each other this week to go to the AFC Championship game having two of the highest scoring offenses in the league.

we'll see if you change your tune when we go DT or S at 1.2

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If qualified football people like Douglas, Saleh, and LaFleur believe Darnold can flourish in a functional system with playmakers around him, the haul we'll get trading out of the #2 can turn us around right quick.

And if they don't truly love Fields or Wilson, it's the smart move.  

SAR I

I know man... but mahomes. watson, jamal, remember.  we can't do that again.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I had kind of forgotten about this, but just crossed my mind with the exception of Gase, Williams, and Loggains, they've kept all of their other coaches under contract, haven't they?  Will be curious to see what comes of that.  Saleh obviously shouldn't have a single coach forced upon him, but there seemed to be at least a few pretty well regarded assistants, so curious to see who, if anyone, he decides to retain.

The reality is he's not going to be able to fill out his entire coaching staff with 9ers assistants, or even others he's directly worked with in the past, so there's some potential consideration to be had.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If qualified football people like Douglas, Saleh, and LaFleur believe Darnold can flourish in a functional system with playmakers around him, the haul we'll get trading out of the #2 can turn us around right quick.

SAR I

They are qualified football people.  Which is why Darnold will be nowhere near this franchise next year.

Qbs will be:

1- zach wilson

2- cj beathered

3- james morgan

Darnold to SF for their 2nd round pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He is blind and dumb out there and a waste of another year. No.  He sucks.  If they watch his tape and think they can fix him, then I'll have to live with it but it's a huge mistake. HUGE

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I know man... but mahomes. watson, jamal, remember.  we can't do that again.

of course not.  And JD / Saleh hopefully see the obvious. It is unbelievable that anyone here would put faith in that garbage QB being coached even up to mediocre, let alone good or great. It's a pipe dream and I do not want another season wasted on him. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He is blind and dumb out there and a waste of another year. No.  He sucks.  If they watch his tape and think they can fix him, then I'll have to live with it but it's a huge mistake. HUGE

Thats his biggest problem.  He is not smart enough to play qb.  You need it btwn the ears just as much as the physical tools.  

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Some of you are crazy.  Sam Darnold has 0 chance of being the qb of this team next year.  Joe D just hired his head coach and now is going to draft his future qb in Zach Wilson.  This is a fresh start for the jets.  Sam is a reminder of a failed regime.  Hes toast here.

Douglas will get the 49ers 2nd round pick for darnold on draft day.

Same 0 chance that the jets would win a game last year that we kept being told.

I'd say it is 50/50.  It all depends on what the new coaches and Douglas think of this years crop of QBs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Is it just me or is that a little too definitive for a smokescreen? 

For the brand new 'culture building' coach to come in and be like "he's our guy!" and then two months later be like "nope, you just got jammed"

That would be a total d*ck move, right?

Darnold it is. This thread 'bout to get ugly. 

The smartest thing in the world, whether it's 100% true or 0% true, is to start some bidding for that #2 pick.  If the Jets want a new QB they are staying put, everyone knows that.  But if the signal is sent that they'll roll with Darnold then teams think the pick is instantly in play.

I love it.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Same 0 chance that the jets would win a game last year that we kept being told.

I'd say it is 50/50.  It all depends on what the new coaches and Douglas think of this years crop of QBs.

mistake to keep Darnold.  Sorry. What are the odds a coach is going to walk in here and get this kid to change those bad habits to the point where he even gets to median competence, let lone top 10, top 5?  It's going to be a very loud forum about this.  I am in the NO DARNOLD camp. Firmly. Draft one and bring in a vet.  Bye bye Sam.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The smartest thing in the world, whether it's 100% true or 0% true, is to start some bidding for that #2 pick.  If the Jets want a new QB they are staying put, everyone knows that.  But if the signal is sent that they'll roll with Darnold then teams think the pick is instantly in play.

I love it.

Really good point. 

Anyone enamored with Fields or Wilson is going to be calling the Jets early. 

One of the Falcons boards that I frequent has already been talking about moving up from 4 to 2. 

edit: 4 to 2

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

The safe and smart route to take is to draft wilson and keep darnold on the cheap for the year. Its not like darnold is worth much now....

If darnold responds to new coaching and system, great

if he flops, zachs turn

if?  LOL

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Whatever the football men do is good.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

mistake to keep Darnold.  Sorry. What are the odds a coach is going to walk in here and get this kid to change those bad habits to the point where he even gets to median competence, let lone top 10, top 5?  It's going to be a very loud forum about this.  I am in the NO DARNOLD camp. Firmly. Draft one and bring in a vet.  Bye bye Sam.

Well it is not your or my decision and if you want to dump him by all means, just do not over daft a Qb is you do not eval him to be a franchise guy.

If the Jets get rid of Danold and they love one of the qbs they will draft one at 2.  If not i hope to hell they trade down and look again next year.

It would be better to roll another years with Darnold and look to next year for the Qb than to dump him and then make a bad draft decision due to need.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's pretty dope how we always get the best consensus every time we have to hire someone and how we get the best player in the draft every draft. 

I remember the press reaction to Bowles like it was yesterday.  I am hopeful this time, but the shields are still up Scotty.

• Haha 1

Just now, football guy said:

I can't believe how many fans are still in denial about the aspect of Sam coming back.

It's very likely. 

Sam busting was the single biggest blow from this awful season.  So if he actually isn't a bust?  Would make this night doubly exciting.

SAR I