Robert Saleh Hired: MERGED

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I won't proclaim to know how it works out either.  Obviously, I've been a pretty big fan of Saleh.

One thing we are getting without a doubt..... an identity!

This team will be tough, it will attack, it will play thru the whistle.

I'm hoping this Rex Ryan without all of Rex's shenanigans and offense ignorance.  If so, this will be a big change from the apathetic and lifeless approach of our previous two guys, Gase and Bowles.

An extremely handsome identity.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lafleur in as the OC!!

? 

I think this is good- like really good. Doesn’t hurt that Lafeur is the little brother of the Packers coach whose Aaron Rodgers offense is lighting it up....so whose our Aaron Rodgers going to be with this move.  Everyone’s saying Wilson now.

just to hear this side of it- how would Darnold fit with the 49ers offense?

• Upvote 1

Not my top choice..but after doing some research I think it’s a solid hire.....JD got the guy he wanted and that’s pretty much all we can ask for right now!

Looks like he’s bringing his boy Mike Lafleur to be OC.....would have preferred McDaniel but Lafleur is his boy so it makes sense....

Also like the 5 year deal....he and JD are married for better or for worse....this is gonna take some time and we need some stability around here 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

?

I think this is good- like really good. Doesn’t hurt that Lafeur is the little brother of the Packers coach whose Aaron Rodgers offense is lighting it up....so whose our Aaron Rodgers going to be with this move.  Everyone’s saying Wilson now.

just to hear this side of it- how would Darnold fit with the 49ers offense?

Everyone is saying Wilson will be the pick now 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

Another guy who has to learn on the job. He seems to be highly regarded and hopefully LaFleur makes our offense somewhat watchable but I wouldn't expect a winning season in 2021.

Sure, we’re a ways away. This is a big piece of puzzle - the biggest is who the hell is going to be our QB moving forward?

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Another guy who has to learn on the job. He seems to be highly regarded and hopefully LaFleur makes our offense somewhat watchable but I wouldn't expect a winning season in 2021.

Idk if anyone expects a winning season next yr. Regardless of how the draft goes they dont have alot of talent. Guess we gotta see how fre agency goes first.