"All gas, no brakes! Play with extreme violence" - Robert Saleh (The Jets will have an identity!)

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Excited to see Quinnen Williams play for this guy. 

Also, maybe Mosley will want to actually play again? 

This is consequential. I’ve thought that it’s a reason they wanted to close Saleh. 

• Upvote 3

While we’re posting “getting to know you” Saleh links, here is a great interview from Adam Schefter’s podcast last month.  Beyond X’s and O’s, I really came away extremely impressed by how intelligent, articulate and classy Saleh is.  A lot of the testimonials for him from his players and fellow coaches have talked about what a great man he is.  This interview provides a great view into that...

https://open.spotify.com/episode/40a92GqRQFxXXLejtIJy8u?si=XYC9g9CmSY-6NXNK6S1_HQ

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

8 hours ago, NamathToCaster said:

Mosley will blow something out in the first preseason game and will be gone for the year.  It's been two years.  He's done.

Does Mosely have the speed to be a 4-3 MLB. Typically 3-4 LBs are bigger across the board since they have one less D lineman occupying the O line and the “beef” is needed to slow a power rushing game.

Frankly, I think the Jets may have to revamp the entire LB group. Many are not suited to be a 4-3 LB and it is a very weak group to start with. I wouldn’t be surprised if the jets draft 2 or even 3 LBs.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, maury77 said:

I expect Quinnen and Bryce Hall (who is a good zone CB) to thrive in this system. 

Yep

Quinnen could actually end up being Donald-esque as a 3-tech.

Feels good to abandon the 3-4. 15 years of running it and we couldn’t find a single legit standup edgerusher during that entire time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 1/15/2021 at 6:22 AM, Untouchable said:

Yep

Quinnen could actually end up being Donald-esque as a 3-tech.

Feels good to abandon the 3-4. 15 years of running it and we couldn’t find a single legit standup edgerusher during that entire time.

Saleh is going to turn QW loose.

With Mosley coming back it will be interesting.  Get a CB opposite Bryce Hall and find that ever-elusive edge rusher for the Jets....and then lookout!

• Upvote 2

On 1/15/2021 at 7:51 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

Does Mosely have the speed to be a 4-3 MLB. Typically 3-4 LBs are bigger across the board since they have one less D lineman occupying the O line and the “beef” is needed to slow a power rushing game.

Frankly, I think the Jets may have to revamp the entire LB group. Many are not suited to be a 4-3 LB and it is a very weak group to start with. I wouldn’t be surprised if the jets draft 2 or even 3 LBs.

You do if you don't have a big quick very good Dline like the Jets do.