Mogglez and Football Guy Appreciation post

I Honestly believed both you guys from day one . I think you guys are plugged in and have the pulse of what's going on and for that i commend you both!! Please don't let a few twatwaffles ruin that passion and love for what you guys can bring to this forum. I remember when i first started lurking i was timid because i know next to nothing about the X's & O's of the game but i have loved every bit of this forum and you two guys are a big part of that thank you.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Wait........ mogglz said wink was the guy didnt he?!??

Haha, jokes aside, early on I really thought he was going to be.  Then I started hearing that he started telling teams that he has no problem missing out on jobs because he wants to direct his full attention on the playoffs and won’t take interviews until the Ravens were eliminated.  I respect that decision though.  Loyalty is something I feel is disappearing from this game.

I’m out in montauk for a vacation weekend, but news comes from all places. 

I’m a member at the same golf course as Miles Austin and with a few other members as well. He kept his family in Rumson, NJ through his coaching gig. Sounds like other members have heard he will be joining the Jets staff in some capacity. Caution this is through the grape vine but saw Cimini mention it as well

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m out in montauk for a vacation weekend, but news comes from all places. 

I’m a member at the same golf course as Miles Austin and with a few other members as well. He kept his family in Rumson, NJ through his coaching gig. Sounds like other members have heard he will be joining the Jets staff in some capacity. Caution this is through the grape vine but saw Cimini mention it as well

Gazillion dollar smile, local guy, and was a great WR when he was healthy.

I’ll take him.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

I hereby apologize for everything bad I ever said about you and my idiotic belief in Coach Gase.  

What a night.  Not sure I can sleep.

SAR I

It's ok. Lots of us have been wrong 500 times in a row. Well, some of us. Actually, probably at least one other. ;)

Respect for hanging in there and taking your lumps. Lots of posters would've just dumped their username and started fresh. Snowflakes.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's ok. Lots of us have been wrong 500 times in a row. Well, some of us. Actually, probably at least one other. ;)

Respect for hanging in there and taking your lumps. Lots of posters would've just dumped their username and started fresh. Snowflakes.

Thanks jgb, never been happier to be so wrong.  

SAR I

• Sympathy 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 11:53 PM, Mogglez said:

I will take one single victory lap.

I certainly “worked those phones” and got “what I want” out of this @Jetsbb, which was never anything more than to share information with my friends on this forum and get a great head coaching candidate.

My “prominent guy” (cats out now lol) gave me permission to do this.  It was his idea actually.  He’s corroborated everything I’ve told him.  Eat me for how you treated me the other day.

I apologize for not responding earlier. I was banned for pointing out the inconsistency of the information you were giving. You cursed me out yet it was I who was was banned. Would love an explanation from @Maxman what the policy is. Are you not allowed to question someone who is making claims that turn out to be untrue? Congrats to you Mogglez for being able to build up so much cache as to no one is allowed to question you. Here is a full account of your statements and the proof that what you were claiming was incorrect.

At 12:30 AM the night of Saleh meeting Douglas and what is now known to be before he met Chris Johnson you posted

An offer has been formally made.  Heard the initial deal is 3-4 years (probably 4 to line up with JD’s contract. I will say that I don’t know if Saleh’s camp will want more).  Money unknown.  The team, obviously, wanted an answer from Saleh tonight but the expectation was always that tomorrow was more likely.  Not really unusual.  Probably wants to talk to his wife, family, etc. Hoping we wake up to news that he’s accepted the deal.  Hopefully he wants us as much as we want him

When the day came, and he left to go interview with Philadelphia you retracted:

"Neither side was fully ready to commit to the other.  There is still mutual interest and, unless Smith blows JDs d*ck off tonight, I believe both sides will remain in touch."

When questioned on the obvious inconsistency you responded

I was told that there was an initial offer but as talks went down things changed, which is totally normal in negotiations.

Now what happened has come to light. There was no formal offer that night. There was never an initial offer that changed. It never happened.

From Ralph Vacchiano

"There were some indications throughout the day that the Jets were on the verge of hiring him, but it’s not believed that they made him an offer. They wanted to complete their process and meet Smith, who was flying in on Wednesday night, in person, too. So on Thursday, after Smith left, Douglas, Johnson and Elhai decided to regroup and discuss their next move..Late Thursday night, after they agreed to terms on a contract, the hiring was officially announced. https://www.sny.tv/articles/sources-around-league-explain-how-the-jets-landed-on-hiring-robert-saleh

From Rich Cimini

“Saleh, 41, who interviewed virtually last Friday, quickly established himself as the Jets' front-runner. On Tuesday, he flew to New Jersey for a second interview. On Thursday, the Jets concluded a second interview with Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith. At that point, the Jets held internal discussions and decided to make an offer to Saleh, a source said.” https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30714551/new-york-jets-hiring-robert-saleh-coach-sources-say

Albert Breer:

So much so that when Saleh went to get into his car service ride to head off to Florida for his interview with the Eagles, he texted his wife, Sanaa: Honey, if they call, we’re going to New York. They later called and, in a twist befitting Saleh’s good feeling for the organization, he did more than take the job—he actively chose the Jets. https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/25/mmqb-conference-championships-buccaneers-chiefs-super-bowl-daily-cover

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Most of us are disconnected idiots spewing really bad opinions (clears throat) and the likes of @Mogglez and @football guy have been extremely insightful.  We don't hold them to a standard we don't hold ourselves to, so they have a lot of wiggle room to be inaccurate.

Go drink a Bud Light Seltzer and chill.

SAR I

@SAR I 

Is this really you.

Something has changed considerably. 

joewilly12 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

I apologize for not responding earlier. I was banned for pointing out the inconsistency of the information you were giving. You cursed me out yet it was I who was was banned. Would love an explanation from @Maxman what the policy is. Are you not allowed to question someone who is making claims that turn out to be untrue? Congrats to you Mogglez for being able to build up so much cache as to no one is allowed to question you. Here is a full account of your statements and the proof that what you were claiming was incorrect.

At 12:30 AM the night of Saleh meeting Douglas and what is now known to be before he met Chris Johnson you posted

Now what happened has come to light. There was no formal offer that night. There was never an initial offer that changed. It never happened.

From Ralph Vacchiano

From Rich Cimini

Albert Breer:

Friend,

I'm not saying you're wrong.

I'm not saying you're right.

I am saying if you truly, in your heart of hearts, feel these guys are full of sh*t, all you have to do is not read their posts. This is the internet. People post way more ridiculous things than Jets rumors. Things that have actual affect on people's lives, things that tangible consequences (as we have seen in recent months).

In the grand scheme of things, whether mogglez and FG are posting factual things or not about the NY FREAKING JETS seems a bit insignificant. So if you don't care for it, please put them on mute and save us your diatribes.

Sincerely,

Every other person who monitors this board

• Upvote 1

Moggelz has provided us with the name of his source, Benjamin Albright.    Benjamin is not in the room with JD and others but he will hear things that may be going on.  Its info that we wish we could hear even if it not 100 percent accurate because its coming from people that are in the game of trying to find things out things.   And these guys clearly say this is what they are hearing.  And they still base their opinions off what is being heard.

Wouldn't you love if they have some info on what they are hearing about the QB situation and Watson?  Or do you want to nit pick at "you said he was offered a contract and he wasn't"   

Unless your uncle's name is Joe Douglas, getting 100 percent accurate info is probably not going to happen.  Just be happy that we can get some info on inside happenings.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

From Ralph Vacchiano

From Rich Cimini

Albert Breer:

1.  As others have said: I’m not going to bat 1.000.  That’s not going to stop me from sharing what I hear.

2.  My main issue with you is that you accused me of completely making things up.  I have put an actual name out here on one of my two sources now.  That person trusts me because what I told him lines up with what he’s heard through his sources.  It’s pretty f*cking clear I’m not LARPing as Adam Schefter at this point.

3.  There are so many things wrong with your post critiquing what I heard that I don’t know where to begin.  I didn’t “retract” anything.  I made new posts with new information that detailed what I heard happened.  The same night I did that, I said I still think that Saleh and the team are going to get back together and he is going to end up with the job based on what I’ve been hearing and, sure enough, what I was told came to fruition.

4.  You were banned because for 2 days, despite me telling you to just leave me alone if you didn’t like what I was posting, you continued to harass me and try and drag my name on this forum.  I believe you called for one of my posts to be pinned to the front of board to embarrass me, no??  It’s not about me having “cache”.  It’s you acting the way you did over information that I was sharing to simply keep people informed.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1.  As others have said: I’m not going to bat 1.000.  That’s not going to stop me from sharing what I hear.

2.  My main issue with you is that you accused me of completely making things up.  I have put an actual name out here on one of my two sources now.  That person trusts me because what I told him lines up with what he’s heard through his sources.  It’s pretty f*cking clear I’m not LARPing as Adam Schefter at this point.

3.  There are so many things wrong with your post critiquing what I heard that I don’t know where to begin.  I didn’t “retract” anything.  I made new posts with new information that detailed what I heard happened.  The same night I said I still think Saleh is going to end up with the job based on what I’ve been hearing and, sure enough, what I was told came to fruition.

4.  You were banned because for 2 days, despite me telling you to just leave me alone if you didn’t like what I was posting, you continued to harass me and try and drag my name.  I believe you called for my post to pinned to the board to embarrass me, no??

When this place loses  its sh*t when Morgan beats out Sam next year, and leads us to the playoffs, I've got your back.?. If you've noticed lately, more and more posters have actually been bringing up his name in polite conversation. They are coming around.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You were banned because for 2 days, despite me telling you to just leave me alone if you didn’t like what I was posting, you continued to harass me and try and drag my name on this forum.  I believe you called for one of my posts to be pinned to the front of board to embarrass me, no??  It’s not about me having “cache”.  It’s you acting the way you did over information that I was sharing to simply keep people informed.

I was not harassing you for 2 days. You told me not to respond to you only at the end after everything was over. That was our last communication. You are making it seem I was responding to you after you said that when in reality it was your last post. You were upset because I was pointing out what you claimed was untrue. I called for your post to be pinned to the board not to embarrass you but for people to be aware not to believe what you were saying. Yes. I believed you were making up "the offer" claim after he left to Philly. That is why I asked you what do you get out of this. You may have been hoodwinked by Albright who is not a trusted source. He claimed Martindale was going to be the Jets head coach and he never even interviewed.

19 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I was not harassing you for 2 days. You told me not to respond to you only at the end after everything was over. That was our last communication. You are making it seem I was responding to you after you said that when in reality it was your last post. You were upset because I was pointing out what you claimed was untrue. I called for your post to be pinned to the board not to embarrass you but for people to be aware not to believe what you were saying. Yes. I believed you were making up "the offer" claim after he left to Philly. That is why I asked you what do you get out of this. You may have been hoodwinked by Albright who is not a trusted source. He claimed Martindale was going to be the Jets head coach and he never even interviewed.

How do you know who is a trusted source and who is not?

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Look we can go back and forth about this for hours, even days, over intentions, validity, what happened with certain candidates like Wink, etc. but I think we’re both uninterested in doing that.  At the end of the day, I just wanted to make it clear that I’m not sharing anything to “have fun” nor am I making things up to play pretend.  I think @football guy’s post summarized everything best as I share the same sentiment as him.  I don’t want anyone banned over disagreements.  For the record, I didn’t ask for you to be banned.  I’ve done all I can to show some validity without jeopardizing jobs or connections at this point.  I prefer to keep my main source private for a multitude of reasons and figured Allbright was enough to stop the constant jabbing.  All I can ask is for peace at this point.  I don’t enjoy going back and forth with anyone over this man.  I don’t enjoy having people dislike me for any reason.  I’m just trying to talk ball just as I always have.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

From Ralph Vacchiano

From Rich Cimini

Albert Breer:

There are like 60 something pages in this thread. I had no idea you were banned until you tagged me in this post. Our banning policy is pretty simple but I will say this, what makes this site work is people don't get banned for no reason. I just doesn't happen, that is what we are built on, being fair. I have been called the most vile names here and people have still walked away without being banned. If someone saying they have sources annoys you just put them on ignore. We had several people reporting your posts for taking the thread sideways. That is why you were banned.

As far as the nobody is untouchable thing, I will let our track record speak for itself and won't even answer that point.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1