Expect the Jets to sign a few 49ers free agents.

I will also add, this is great news for quentin, has chance to develop into double digit sacks dt in Salehs defense. Also good news for the rest of jets young defensive line. Mosley(jets) Also perfect guy to run and call salehs defense. Finally, Saleh knows the value of a pass rush, we Will have one next yr, whether high draft choice or free agency

• Upvote 2

At least 3 former Jets on that list.  WIllis we traded them Willis and a 7th for a 6th mid-season.  Tom Compton was here last year.  Kerry Hyder was an UDFA that looked great for Rex, but got caught in a numbers game.  They carried him on the practice squad but I guess that Bowles/Maccagnan didn't see the value or he wanted an opportunity and he jumped ship to the Lions on a futures deal for 2015.  He has had some good years and is the reason many of us don't want to burn high picks on D line.  K'wuan WIlliams is a guy that had some issues with the Browns - he claimed an ankle injury and fought with their training staff.  It was announsed that he signed here, but I guess he got other offers and preferred SF. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Richard Sherman is a locker room presence. He’d be the guy I would bring I more f0r the mental change the culture angle. 

For the right discounted price I agree. Not a premium price player at this point. 

37 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Richard Sherman is a locker room presence. He’d be the guy I would bring I more f0r the mental change the culture angle. 

Yea I can see it now. He'd spray paint any pictures of Revis at One Jets Drive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Keep Sherman away from here and our media. It'd be fine if he was still any good. I'm pretty sure he's not taking any kind of discount

He's not really good enough/young enough anymore to demand too much money so I think he will be getting a pretty cheap contract wherever he goes. 

Given his extremely high football IQ, knowledge of Saleh's offense and therefore ability to help teach the young DBs on this roster I actually think he is a great 1 year signing. 

And F*#%^ the media. 

• Upvote 1

Kerry Hyder had 8.5 sacks last year.  We have basically no one to count on as a 4-3 DE.  I could easily see him being a target.  At least have 1 adequate starter, then likely see what you got in Huff and Zuniga.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, hamat711 said:

New coaches usually bring over players from their old jobs to help establish a culture. Brian Flores did this with many players from the Patriots. Sean Mcdermott brought over many players from the Panthers.

Based on this, current needs and the upcoming 49ers free agents, here are a list of potential candidates..............

Jason Verett

Richard Sherman

Jaquiski Tartt

Jeff Wilson

Kendrick Bourne

Jordan Reed

Emmanuel Mosley

Richard Sherman will be 33 in March. I actually thought he was older. I'd be okay if you bring a guy like that in for depth. But you can't Frank Gore him and make him a focal point of what you are trying to do.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Witherspoon & Beathard are the most likely I feel.

A backup QB that knows the system and we're so desperate at corner.

Sherman would be cool for a year for his leadership, but that's all about price. 

Agree.  I think witherspoon and beathered will be the 2 guys Joe D brings in here from SF.

• Upvote 2

Sherman would be the Frank Gore for defense.  I still remember him getting torched down the sideline in the Super Bowl by Sammy Watkins with 2 minutes left to help the Chiefs win the game.  He'd be another 1 1/2 years older since that play if he suited up for the Jets this coming September.

I'm sure Saleh will bring across a couple of guys. Maybe Hyder, and CB such as Witherspoon.

Wouldn't be surprised to see CJ Beathard coming over, as a backup and sounding board to help the other QBs with the system.

9 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Kerry Hyder had 8.5 sacks last year.  We have basically no one to count on as a 4-3 DE.  I could easily see him being a target.  At least have 1 adequate starter, then likely see what you got in Huff and Zuniga.

Remember when we had him in camp as a UDFA?

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Richard Sherman?  Don’t mind if I do.  He’d be a cultural asset to the secondary. 

Only if he moves to FS. He's not taking a paycut and I don't think he's totally shot as a CB, but he's getting older and more shopworn. A move to FS could lengthen his career by 3-4 years.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richard-sherman-says-hell-likely-leave-49ers-in-2021-expects-fred-warner-to-command-18m-per-year/

38 minutes ago, Teflon-Don said:

Soloman Thomas, EDGE, is a stud at only 25yrs old

Jeff Wilson Jr, RB, the guy is a tank

Thomas is a DT who hasn’t lived up to his #3 pick status at all. We don’t need DTs.

Wilson, absolutely sign me up.

10 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Thomas is a DT who hasn’t lived up to his #3 pick status at all. We don’t need DTs.

Wilson, absolutely sign me up.

He plays both DT and EDGE, but he'd be a guy who would follow Saleh, maybe compete on our roster 🤷‍♂️

would Sherm really come? idk he's at the point of his career where he'd probably wanna play for a contender

Just now, Teflon-Don said:

would Sherm really come? idk he's at the point of his career where he'd probably wanna play for a contender

From what he's said, I think he's sorta looking for his last big payday. The Jets have a lot of $$$ to throw at people.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Richard Sherman will be 33 in March. I actually thought he was older. I'd be okay if you bring a guy like that in for depth. But you can't Frank Gore him and make him a focal point of what you are trying to do.

He needs to retire. Seen him get burned repeatedly over last number of years. And I don't want that BIG MOUTH anywhere near One Jets Drive. He constantly put down Revis for no other reason than to jealously promote his own brand.  He's obnoxious, self promoting and grandiose.  Would be a huge mistake.

jg.jpg

• Haha 1