Grade the hire of Robert Saleh as Jets HC

Hiring Robert Saleh  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the Jets hiring of Robert Saleh?

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D
    • F

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Solid B+ today, with upside for the future. Solid guy (it seems), great sideline passion and attitude (reportedly, I don't watch the 49'ers much), knowledgeable and well regarded (I'm told/read),

Incomplete. I will wait to see if he can get CJ Mosley’s balls to drop again and play some damn football again!!

Are we grading just the hire, or everything he’s accomplished as head coach so far? 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Incomplete

Why the trade didnt go through?

I took it as grade the process, grade how they went about getting their guyh

Not what he'll ultimately be as our HC, no one can decide and grade based on his success down the road.

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

SO grading Saleh hire is dependent on who he hires? ANd you ref Rex who had a crappy OC as better?

That doesnt make sense to me, it be one thing to say thejury is out if you are waiting the OC thing, but just on his hire, it was an A plus, perfect score for getting what oyu want

Why doesn’t it? I was excited about the potential of the Rex hire but it went to sh*t so I’m hoping they bring a good OC in since Saleh is also a DC. 

Can’t believe it but the Jets seem to have got something right. No desperation moves, sloppy thirds, what have you.  Exact opposite reaction to when I heard Gase had been hired. 

• Upvote 3

Gave it an A as it hit a few boxes for me. 

Energy/Passion: We have the most hardcore, energetic fan base in the league. We need a coach who is “balls to the walls” like Jet Fans.... not some corpse on the sideline (Gase/Bowles)

Players love him: Players have loved this  guy everywhere he’s been. And everywhere he’s been he has had success. Those go hand-in-hand

Confident & humble: Rex was loved for his confidence, but as @GREENBEAN stated so well, Rex was boastful & that will burn your ass in the end. 

Plans well: This is where I think he’ll be successful. Whether drawing up game plans or choosing staff, Saleh seems to understand he’ll only be as successful as his staff selections. 

Relationship with GM: The fact he &JD hit it off and their fate is tied to one another’s shared success is priceless. No hedging bets here. JD responsible to get the right players and Saleh to get them coached up and performing at a high level. No grey areas... both are tied together and need to work together from day one. Game tape & more game tape preparation before the draft. 

J-E-T-S ..... JETS- JETS- JETS

• Upvote 4
On 1/16/2021 at 7:17 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Gave it an A as it hit a few boxes for me. 

Energy/Passion: We have the most hardcore, energetic fan base in the league. We need a coach who is “balls to the walls” like Jet Fans.... not some corpse on the sideline (Gase/Bowles)

Players love him: Players have loved this  guy everywhere he’s been. And everywhere he’s been he has had success. Those go hand-in-hand

Confident & humble: Rex was loved for his confidence, but as @GREENBEAN stated so well, Rex was boastful & that will burn your ass in the end. 

Plans well: This is where I think he’ll be successful. Whether drawing up game plans or choosing staff, Saleh seems to understand he’ll only be as successful as his staff selections. 

Relationship with GM: The fact he &JD hit it off and their fate is tied to one another’s shared success is priceless. No hedging bets here. JD responsible to get the right players and Saleh to get them coached up and performing at a high level. No grey areas... both are tied together and need to work together from day one. Game tape & more game tape preparation before the draft. 

J-E-T-S ..... JETS- JETS- JETS

To think that this guy, with all of his energy and rah rah attitude is actually considered an intellect is quite the combo.  I'm excited about this guy. I wanted other candidates to be brought in, but out of the batch we did interview he was the guy. Daboll as #2 but who wants to sit around and wait while you lose the rest? 

This was a great hire and I' happy about it

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

To think that this guy, with all of his energy and rah rah attitude is actually considered an intellect is quite the combo.  I'm excited about this guy. I wanted other candidates to be brought in, but out of the batch we did interview he was the guy. Daboll as #2 but who wants to sit around and wait while you lose the rest? 

This was a great hire and I' happy about it

It would be great if The Greenbeen traveling circus could get him into the RV for and interview or a zoom call. Can’t serve him the Kielbasa, but maybe  some lamb kabobs off the grill could work. 

So, everyone is cautiously optimistic about Robert Saleh, one of the better HC prospects these past few years, coming here to coach the Jets.  I would say it has been B+ or better.  Seems people think he knows what he is doing.

Yet a few people say the grade goes down significantly depending on whether he keeps Darnold or not.

Sounds about right given we are dealing with Jets fans.

9 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, everyone is cautiously optimistic about Robert Saleh, one of the better HC prospects these past few years, coming here to coach the Jets.  I would say it has been B+ or better.  Seems people think he knows what he is doing.

Yet a few people say the grade goes down significantly depending on whether he keeps Darnold or not.

Sounds about right given we are dealing with Jets fans.

I will be fine if he keeps Sam actually

• Upvote 1

He was the number one HC candidate out there.  He was interviewed by every team other the apparently racist Texans in Watsons eye.  CJ, Hymie and JD impressed him with whatever the vision and plan was and got his attention, made him want the Jets as much as they wanted him.  More than over every other team.  

How is that not an A+?

• Upvote 1
On 1/15/2021 at 9:59 AM, Warfish said:

Solid B+ today, with upside for the future.

Solid guy (it seems), great sideline passion and attitude (reportedly, I don't watch the 49'ers much), knowledgeable and well regarded (I'm told/read), and with a resume of documented success (taken from the Stats and rankings).  And he supposedly can build a 'culture', which we desperately need right now.

Hard to object to him on the face of this decision:  He was a well regarded, in-demand candidate this cycle, that a number of teams pursued, and no one seemed to think "wasn't ready" for a Head Coach job, and with no previous record of drastic failures as a D-Co. 

If there was something to complain about, I'd find it.  Doesn't seem to be the case.

About the only concern is him being yet another First-Time-D-Co-as-Head Coach, concerning me that the Offense (which has been historically bad for over 20 years now) will not get the attention it so desperately requires, but I think it's only fair to see what/how Saleh/Douglas move forward BEFORE we start worrying about that.

I support the hire.  No complaints.

Word for word my take, Fish. 

• Like 1
On 1/15/2021 at 10:23 AM, THE BARON said:

You mean what grade do you give Saleh for taking the job as Jets HC ??? I'd give him a big red "F".

He just voluntarily agreed to be an NFL HC under the owner & management that needlessly gave away Trevor Lawrence.

Saleh's professional grave as NFL HC has just been dug.  He just doesn't know it yet. 

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think this thread is silly. Grading the hire of a virtual unknown that's never been a HC calls for 100% Fly by the seat of your pants BS. We'll have a good feel for who we got in the latter part of his second year with the Jets. Just like, and no different than toilet and Gase.