Dan Orlovsky interview just now on ESPN. "This isn't just a good match, it's the perfect fit for Sam Darnold"

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's unreasonable to me if they don't bring in someone to, at the very least, compete with Darnold. 

Sam hasn't earned a 4th year as an unquestioned starter. If they really don't like any of the QBs in the draft, they can bring in someone like Winston and let him and Sam battle it out. I could get behind that. 

I'm definitely for bringing in competition. I genuinely think that's a must.

We'll see how this plays out. A lot can change over the next few months. 

But we have to get more talent around whomever plays quarterback regardless.

23 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

I have never  seen a QB cause so much drama than Sam Darnold.  Someone that has done nothing yet supposedly has so much potential.  

Unrealized potential is the most abundant thing on Earth 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, juxsta said:

Ugghhh...

I like Sam as a person and I know he's still young and all but I'm just tired of watching him play on Sundays. He just doesn't have that alpha mentality to me to will a win for this team. After a 3 and out I never see him interact with a receiver or running back about what went wrong, bark at a ref for bs flag,or just snatch his chin straps off and toss his helmet on the dryer. Its just trot back to the sidelines with his head down. If they do stick with him maybe Saleh or the OC can fix him but if not, bench him early and move on. I wish we could've seen what Morgan has those last two games.

I get not liking the way Darnold has played, but the idea that you are describing an alpha seems silly to me.  You are describing a bitch.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

It's gonna be hard to get behind another season of Sam ....  I like Sam but he looked so broken this year.

Going into the season I just wanted him to not be a trash bag... Then he was a trash bag full of holes oozing trash juice and roaches.

3 years of play peaked his rookie year and now we have to think about paying him .... 

I guess it's up to Joe and Saleh if they want to die on that hill and pass on the prospects at hand.

While its going to be hard to get behind Sam due to the fact he misses a lot of open Receivers he certainly made a quick fix of his poor mechanics over the last 3 to 4 games. At least we have that positive. Whether or not he starts seeing open receivers instead of Ghosts remains to be seen. A simplified offense can help but in a situation where he needs to come back from behind in a game I really have no faith he can pull that off. Has Sam ever brought this team back in a game ? Ever ?  I'm really not sure what anyone sees in him at this stage .

If the Jets want to run a balanced offense with a strong defense and running game and possession WR's in the mold of the Cowboys of the 90's I think Mac Jones would be the guy to pick in round 2

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No system or coach can help a QB who misses open receivers, is a slow processor, is a bit weak-minded, and is injury prone.  

Regardless of who we were going to hire at HC, Darnold was never going to be the answer.  And I'll question Saleh's judgment if he doesn't see that very quickly.  Darnold already contributed to getting some people fired here.  How many more people want to join that list?

Darnold got Gase fired? 

Happy Yes It Is GIF

15 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think those stats are heavily skewed because of that one Patriot game:

814902040_ScreenShot2021-01-15at12_59_02PM.thumb.png.341edcd92f82194ae3963fbe510e2924.png

I'm not trying to get all Info Wars on this... but there was something fishy about that game. Belli trying to ensure we don't get TL? Or maybe the rare bad game plan from said Roose Bolton clone?

Flacco has always had Belichick’s number.  He’s beaten him twice in the playoffs and would be 3-0 facing Belichick defenses but he threw a dumb pick in the end zone in the 2014 playoff game

We should resign Flacco just so he can start anytime we play the patriots.  Seriously 

On 1/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, y2k8 said:

I think if you look at the draft position of the remaining QBs in the divisional round, I believe Mayfield and Goff are the only selected in the Top 5 (Both #1 overall) and they are probably the worst 2 of the QBs playing this weekend.

The teams that are having success with young QBs are by and large those who selected a QB later and had a functional offense to set the guy up for success.  

One could also argue those competent teams are also better at identifying quality QB prospects.

It remains true that counting on finding a QB later in the 1st round isn't exactly great odds.  For every Lamar Jackson, there are also a lot of guys like Paxton Lynch, Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, Dwayne Haskins, Josh Rosen, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman, and Brady Quinn over the years.

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, jetswin said:

I think it was really just the fact that Flacco was doing his Daryl Lamonica "Mad Bomber" impression and Sam's arm got effed up this year

lol what?  So Darnold getting hurt on a play that was his own fault is another excuse to add onto the Darnold pile?

Pathetic.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One could also argue those competent teams are also better at identifying quality QB prospects.

Correct. Competence is a prerequisite. We have not had that for over a decade. And if JD isn't we are screwed anyway.

Trust the process.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Correct. Competence is a prerequisite. We have not had that for over a decade. And if JD isn't we are screwed anyway.

Trust the process.

I can fully agree to this. 

I just hope that process results in a QB other than Sam Darnold starting by, say, Week 8 of 2021 (at latest).  Whoever that QB ends up being.  Darnold being the unquestioned starter of the 2021 Jets would be a travesty.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can fully agree to this. 

I just hope that process results in a QB other than Sam Darnold starting by, say, Week 8 of 2021 (at latest).  Whoever that QB ends up being.  Darnold being the unquestioned starter of the 2021 Jets would be a travesty.

If we’re sitting at #2 with no serious trade out option we are going QB. The value at that spot demands it. If that happens there is only one option. Hope that a QB needy team doesn’t get one in the draft and trades for Sam or QB goes down in camp and Sam gets traded. 

Fields, Wilson or Lance starts beginning of the season or after the bye week. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If we’re sitting at #2 with no serious trade out option we are going QB. The value at that spot demands it. If that happens there is only one option. Hope that a QB needy team doesn’t get one in the draft and trades for Sam or QB goes down in camp and Sam gets traded. 

Fields, Wilson or Lance starts beginning of the season or after the bye week. 

I pray you are right.  A QB at 2 or the Deshaun Watson pipe dream are my only hope for this POS franchise.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1