Deshaun Watson is a d**k

HighPitch

7 minutes ago, King P said:

So basically you just don't want players to have any control of their careers, and it's ok if their saddled with terrible organizations and terrible management because "shut up and play!"

Good to know ??

No one forced him to sign a contract extension that pays him 35 million a year......pretending dudes with  millions of dollars in net worth are Amazon factory workers fighting big corporations for $15 dollars an hr and health insurance is mindless drivel for low IQ morons....Deshaun Watson isn't oppressed stop it. lol

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

this guy is watching the spoiled brats of the NBA too much.

i would guess to get Watson we would have to give up a James Harden type trade. thats way too much. if this was 2009 than i would say yes but we dont have that talent. we are not a QB away from a SB. too many holes to fill to give up a kings ransom in #1s and 2s for this guy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

now he is twittering pics of him in a 49 jersey looking to stir up trades.

I don't care if he's twittering pics in a 49ers jersey, twattering pics in a Mets jersey or twisting his nickels between his thumb and index fingers as he imagines getting traded.  He ain't coming to the Jets so we shouldn't even worry about him.

• Upvote 1

DWats immaturity or virtue depending on how you want to frame is a pretty lame sticking point for people to tie themselves to around here. Somebody do us a favor say something banworthy and get this thread locked up

Side note:

Will one of you animals start a fire Saleh  thread already so we can keep the proper motif going on around here. We are JN for F***$ sake..... Fire the coach threads and still talking about Jamallpro that what we are meant to do for eternity.

14 minutes ago, King P said:

So basically you just don't want players to have any control of their careers, and it's ok if their saddled with terrible organizations and terrible management because "shut up and play!"

Good to know ??

Ugh, you must be a treat to be around.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The only 3 teams with enough draft capital to get watson is the jags, jets and miami.  The jags are taking lawrence so that leaves the jets and fins as the only realistic options for watson.  

I want no part of this guy.  Go get him miami!

Please tell me you’re joking you want him this Division, do you have any idea how bad that would be for us. It is Miami however, so who knows. I can see the Fins making a play for him, no matter what they are saying. 

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Reports are the owner told him he would be consulted about hires when he signed his contract extension....maybe that's where he got that idea from?  But yeah hopefully the NFL doesn't become the NBA.

He saw Harden and Westbrook pull this crap and is now trying to play GM

Goodell needs to figure out how to control this situation because this garbage has caused the NBA to become a money pit with horrible tv ratings

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, undertow said:

No one forced him to sign a contract extension that pays him 35 million a year......pretending dudes with  millions of dollars in net worth are Amazon factory workers fighting big corporations for $15 dollars an hr and health insurance is mindless drivel for low IQ morons....Deshaun Watson isn't oppressed stop it. lol

Literally never said any of this, nor insinuated.

Point is if you're a star player then whatever team has you should build around you. And if they're too incompetent to do so, you have every right to be pissed and even go as far as to demand a trade without being called "selfish" or "spoiled"

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Zach is also entitled 

wonder what the Difference 

I dont know anything about zach.  I know I dont like watsons Prima dona behavior

Please keep your racist comments to yourself. Im sure you think you are part of the solution But the irony is youre the problem 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, King P said:

Literally never said any of this, nor insinuated.

Point is if you're a star player then whatever team has you should build around you. And if they're too incompetent to do so, you have every right to be pissed and even go as far as to demand a trade without being called "selfish" or "spoiled"

Or like an adult you can just go to free agency and sign with the team of your choice....and if you make a mistake and sign with the wrong team oh well make better decisions next time.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That's Watson's own fault though. He didnt have to sign there. Hard to complain whey they gave you the bag.

So it's ok for Houston to be completely inept and do a terrible job building around him because "he signed the contract"

I guarantee of he underperformed after getting the big contract you wouldn't be singing the same tune lol

36 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

see: every NBA player ever

Hell, Kyrie Irving just disappeared without telling anyone for 2 weeks just...because...

Who the hell watches the NBA? Just a terrible unwatchable sport! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

He sees the writing on the wall and doesn’t want to end up like the next Stafford. That team has no running game, no WRs (Fuller scheduled free agent) no picks til The 3rd round and I’m pretty sure they are already over the cap. I’m not saying we should trade for him but you can’t blame him for wanting out 

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Or like an adult you can just go to free agency and sign with the team of your choice....and if you make a mistake and sign with the wrong team oh well make better decisions next time.

Yeah, like that would happen. If Watson even tried to leave, Houston would franchise tag him every year and would hold him hostage as long as possible.

And we saw how that worked out in NBA free agency. Mass hysteria when the superstars left their teams (Lebron, Kevin Durant)

Nice try though 

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, King P said:

Yeah, like that would happen. If Watson even tried to leave, Houston would franchise tag him every year and would hold him hostage as long as possible.

And we saw how that worked out in NBA free agency. Mass hysteria when the superstars left their teams (Lebron, Kevin Durant)

Nice try though 

He would have been able to be franchised two years and would be a free agent free and clear in a year or two...the players have a union that negotiated the collective bargaining agreement so they should negotiate a better dea if they don't like itl...this isn't complicated.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, King P said:

So it's ok for Houston to be completely inept and do a terrible job building around him because "he signed the contract"

I guarantee of he underperformed after getting the big contract you wouldn't be singing the same tune lol

He resigned with the team he is bitching about 6 months ago lol. What ground does he have to stand on? He knew what he was signing up for. Im not following.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

This sounds more like you don't like him having any opinion on social matters that are important to him. You should have just said shut up and dribble, or in this case throw the ball

This is nonsense 

Kyrie Irving tried to play this card when he ducked out of the unwatchable nba bubble last summer.  There’s no basis in logic.  He’s just unhappy with the Texans management regarding football ops and he should just say so

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

He would have been able to be franchised two years and would be a free agent free and clear in a year or two...the players have a union that negotiated the collective bargaining agreement so they should negotiate a better dea if they don't like itl...this isn't complicated.

Yes because the owners are really going to give up any of the leverage they have. There wouldn't be any negotiations, we'd be in a lockout until the union gave in.

All while people like you would be complaining "why can't football come back! It's all these players faults for being so greedy!"

You're not slick

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He resigned with the team he is bitching about 6 months ago lol. What ground does he have to stand on? He knew what he was signing up for. Im not following.

So because he re-signed with Houston, it gives them to right no just be completely incompetent and neglect their star player?

And as I explained in another post, you know damn well Houston would never just let him walk. Don't be purposely obtuse 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, King P said:

I think the signing bonus complicates things. The money he accepted and cashed wasn't for 1 year of service, it was intented to be an upfront payment for multiple years of play. He essentially married the org and took the dowry.

I'm all for him trying to influence management, using social media publicly  to do seems imnot great imo but maybe i'm just too old to get that. However, I don't think it's accurate to pretend he was only paid for 1 year of service.  There's some obligation on the player beyond a year when the get the signing bonus.

Maybe athletes should be allowed to return a portion of the signing bonus if they want to leave after a year? I dunno.

4 minutes ago, King P said:

So because he re-signed with Houston, it gives them to right no just be completely incompetent and neglect their star player?

And as I explained in another post, you know damn well Houston would never just let him walk. Don't be purposely obtuse 

How are they neglecting him? He signed 6 months ago. Fuller got busted for PED's.  If Watson refused to sign long term and they tagged him they'd end up trading him. Ala Washington and Cousins. And Watson has a lot more leverage than Cousins had.

• Upvote 1