LaFleur New Jets OC as per SI

jetsons

Just now, jgb said:

I am forever-hopeful and forever-skeptical. It's Jetzophrenia.

I tend to get hopeful as the off-seqson advances, the farther removed I am from watching the team play the more optmistic I get.  August/September rolls around, pre-season and the first regular season games and I am right back to the reality I hve been living with for half a century. 

• Upvote 1

49ers' Mike LaFleur joining Jets, Robert Saleh as offensive coordinator | 49ers Webzone

49ers’ Mike LaFleur joining Jets, Robert Saleh as offensive coordinator

By David Bonilla

San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh is headed to the New York Jets to be the team's newest head coach. He is taking passing-game coordinator Mike LaFleur with him to be his offensive coordinator, according to Albert Breer of Sports Illustratred.
LaFleur finished his fourth season with the 49ers. He came over from the Falcons with Kyle Shanahan after working with the wide receivers in Atlanta. LaFleur entered the NFL in 2014 as an offensive coaching intern with the Cleveland Browns.

Shanahan joked last month that he told Saleh he wasn't allowed to take any assistants with him, should Saleh land a head-coaching job.

"I keep telling him he's not allowed to take anyone," Shanahan said. "Sometimes I can ease up a little bit on that, but I usually set the bar very low, and then we'll see what happens after."

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I tend to get hopeful as the off-seqson advances, the farther removed I am from watching the team play the more optmistic I get.  August/September rolls around, pre-season and the first regular season games and I am right back to the reality I hve been living with for half a century. 

Very common. 90% of Jets fans were confident before week 1 this year climbing  from 10% after 2019 season was over lol. Reality hits quickly, though.

NewYorkJets_090920.jpgJets fan confidence at 21% after bye week - Gang Green Nation

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Its so weird.  Turning on ESPN and NFLN and hearing good things about the Jets.  A month ago, we were getting laughed at for winning.  Hoepfully all of the optimism is not misplaced. 

As a 50+ year Jet fan, there is always something holding me back from giving in fully to the optimism.

I feel like this happens every time the Jets make a hire (besides Gase). Hell even with Gase you had Schrager and Boomer carrying water for the Johnson's.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets actually won a race to not only 1 but 2 very in-demand candidates this off season. What a difference having a professional at the helm makes.

Douglas expects great things from Darnold. You can't have it both ways. Maybe he knows things we don't know. Have you ever considered that.

14 hours ago, Lith said:

Its so weird.  Turning on ESPN and NFLN and hearing good things about the Jets.  A month ago, we were getting laughed at for winning.  Hoepfully all of the optimism is not misplaced. 

As a 50+ year Jet fan, there is always something holding me back from giving in fully to the optimism.

I think this story may capture the feelings of many on this board. At my retirement dinner a few years back, a good friend, who played at ND for Lou Holtz, and had a career in the NFL, said one of Holtz’ favorite saying was “all men want to be led, just don’t lead them off the side of a cliff.” How many times have the Jets turned us into Wylie Coyote? Figured you would appreciate ?

• Upvote 4

Couple of posters have mentioned this, but it does feel like the Parcells era again.  Its morning in Amer...I mean Jets land.  (NO POLITICS)

The outcome of all this is unknown.

But the process has been executed about as well as it could be.  And for that we give thanks.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Lith said:

Ditto...

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, jgb said:

JD himself doesn't know what he's going to do yet.

Literally the last thing he said about Sam at his presser was "Im exited about Sam". It tells me something about his intentions. Maybe im reading too much into it. We'll see