Who will be new DC?

MadMikeyG

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I thought I read the linebackers coach from San Fran was a candidate, but I could be making that up

One of their coaches, I think their coach, was mentioned but there was talk they would possibly block it.  Whoever it was left things up in the air 

16 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Demarco Ryans has been promoted to be the DC of the 49's.

15 minutes ago, ID. said:

I think the 49ers promoted him

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One of their coaches, I think their coach, was mentioned but there was talk they would possibly block it.  Whoever it was left things up in the air 

And that ends that 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Kris Richard or Aaron Glenn could be two solid candidates for DC.

glenn is an unk as a defensive caller...  but Richard is a Pete Carroll disciple as was Saleh so this one may have some legs... he was a coach on the staff that helped develop the Legion of Boom... I like it, ?

• Upvote 1

Maybe he keeps Frank Bush around.  Bush was the DC in Houston when Saleh was there.  

Another up and coming assistant coach with Saleh connections is Marquand Manuel, former Falcons DC and currently the DB coach with the Eagles.  He may be looking for a new job soon.  Saleh and Manuel spent time together on the Seahawk's staff.

Aaron Glenn would be a good option.  Came in to interview for the HC job.

Kris Richard would be a good option too but he has also been out for a couple years.  Spent a few years with Saleh in Seattle.

Wade Phillips recently un-retired.  Could mentor Saleh the way he mentored McVay.  Similar to Kris Richard, has been out for a couple years.

Jim Leonhard current DC of Wisconsin and former Jet.  One of college football's brightest, young coordinators in charge of a perennial top defense.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1