Saleh and JD targeting 49ers?

Philc1

We need a #1 cover corner and will probably need safeties if Mac can’t lock Maye into a long term deal

Also, don’t be shocked if they go after Jimmy G and/or Kittle via trade.  Rumor is the 49ers are considering cutting Jimmy G because his contract allows it.  Kittle is a great player but extremely injury prone and early into a long term deal

06065C72-F7AC-43C9-AE7F-990C736873DE.jpeg
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/144194-49ers-richard-sherman-reacts-comment-kwaun-williams-verrett/

• Upvote 1

Just now, heymangold said:

idk who Coach Yac is.  i'd assume Saleh would want a few guys from SF to help on both sides of the ball.  They have some attractive FA's/

Witherspoon, Thomas, Wilson, etc all come to mind.  Of course i'd go nuts for a kittle trade but i don't see that ever happening.  Why would anyone want Jimmy G here?  He's basically a glimpse into the future of Sam Darnold.

Jimmy G already knows Lafleur’s playbook.  He’s a good QB who almost won a super bowl he’s just injury prone

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jimmy G already knows Lafleur’s playbook.  He’s a good QB who almost won a super bowl he’s just injury prone

Almost won a SB on a stacked 49ers team, he wouldn't sniff that success on this Jets squad.

People though Sam was running for his life, well Jimmy G can't really move so I imagine the pressure would be even worse.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

yeah, he's not good. Mullens or Beathard have been just as successful as him and are free agents, coming MUCH cheaper. no matter who the QB is here next year, Darnold or rookie, i'd rather one of those 2 here for our backup QB spot to assist in the learning of the playbook.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Almost won a SB on a stacked 49ers team, he wouldn't sniff that success on this Jets squad.

People though Sam was running for his life, well Jimmy G can't really move so I imagine the pressure would be even worse.

Justin Fields went to the college championship game on a stacked Ohio State team and people here are saying he’s better than Peyton Manning

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

yeah, he's not good. Mullens or Beathard have been just as successful as him and are free agents, coming MUCH cheaper. no matter who the QB is here next year, Darnold or rookie, i'd rather one of those 2 here for our backup QB spot to assist in the learning of the playbook.

“Just as successful” = no playoffs or playoff wins I guess

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

“Just as successful” = no playoffs or playoff wins I guess

tons of bad QBs can get carried in the playoffs - dilfer, peyton when he didn't have a neck and won a SB, eli, ect.  just because he "won" playoff games doesn't mean Jimmy G is a good QB.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

tons of bad QBs can get carried in the playoffs - dilfer, peyton when he didn't have a neck and won a SB, eli, ect.  just because he "won" playoff games doesn't mean Jimmy G is a good QB.

I get it.  Baker right now is having his Case Keenum season. 

However, Jimmy G did play well in 2019 that’s simply a fact 27tds 13 INTs 69% completion rate

With Sf having only 38 million in cap space and having to resign Trent Williams.  They have 40 free agents.  Sets up pretty well for us to raid their roster. I think when we hired Gase, we didn't get sign anyone from Miami. Or there was there any talk of changing the culture. 

• Upvote 3

Rumored possible Sam for Jimmy G trade
https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/does-robert-saleh-make-jimmy-garoppolo-a-jets-possibility-now/

12A5603B-2ABD-4568-8AEB-A0201B84AA9B.jpeg.975daa497c31c73dcb816df04b7fe512.jpeg

I’d rather keep Sam and simply trade a middle round pick for Jimmy G

Salem must be reading this and thinking “I’ve been warned about the dam NY media and their fake news”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Rumored possible Sam for Jimmy G trade

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/does-robert-saleh-make-jimmy-garoppolo-a-jets-possibility-now/

12A5603B-2ABD-4568-8AEB-A0201B84AA9B.jpeg

I’d rather keep Sam and simply trade a middle round pick for Jimmy G

Garoppolo's contract sucks and the 49ers might decide to cut him outright if they can't get him to take a pay cut. Trading for that contract would be stupid. If he does hit the street, though, he'd be a pretty reasonable add and a reasonable price. But I think they'd still be betting on Darnold in that scenario. 

• Upvote 3

Any good leader looks to surround himself with people that know his ways and serve as a mouthpiece in the organization to help spread that way. Parcells was big on this way of team building, even if they were "hold the fort" kind of guys.

What we can be sure of is Saleh reaching out to players from the 49ers that he feels helps fit his mold and are a model of the team he is trying to build. They do not have to be superstars, they have to be "Saleh team" guys.

• Upvote 1

What a great start for the Jets. We sign Saleh & he's coming from a team that can't keep all of their players. So now we have a recruiter who these guys are completely comfortable with & love to play for him. This scene is right out of Bill Parcells playbook. 

I don't want the old big names (Sherman), I want the tough young defenders, maybe their RB Wilson (cheap). I keep saying this but the Jets #1 need is a top CB and that guy should be Marshon Lattimore. The Saints are f*cked when it comes to their salary cap next year. That's why Drew Brees is contemplating retirement. This is no secret (This is do or die Super Bowl year for the Saints), the band is breaking up in 2021. 

Never in my life did I think a guy like Lattimore would play for Adam Gase but Robert Saleh is a different story. Jets find a pass rusher or two & put Lattimore at #1 CB with our Dline, and if CJ Mosely comes back at 100% the defense would be Night & day from 2020. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, slats said:

Garoppolo's contract sucks and the 49ers might decide to cut him outright if they can't get him to take a pay cut. Trading for that contract would be stupid. If he does hit the street, though, he'd be a pretty reasonable add and a reasonable price. But I think they'd still be betting on Darnold in that scenario. 

Jimmy G is a good veteran to bring in to compete with Sam

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

What a great start for the Jets. We sign Saleh & he's coming from a team that can't keep all of their players. So now we have a recruiter who these guys are completely comfortable with & love to play for him. This scene is right out of Bill Parcells playbook. 

I don't want the old big names (Sherman), I want the tough young defenders, maybe their RB Wilson (cheap). I keep saying this but the Jets #1 need is a top CB and that guy should be Marshon Lattimore. The Saints are f*cked when it comes to their salary cap next year. That's why Drew Brees is contemplating retirement. This is no secret (This is do or die Super Bowl year for the Saints), the band is breaking up in 2021. 

Never in my life did I think a guy like Lattimore would play for Adam Gase but Robert Saleh is a different story. Jets find a pass rusher or two & put Lattimore at #1 CB with our Dline, and if CJ Mosely comes back at 100% the defense would be Night & day from 2020. 

I'm really high on Lattimore, I'd trade Sam or our 3rd round pick for him. 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm really high on Lattimore, I'd trade Sam or our 3rd round pick for him. 

I think our #66 would do it. The Saints aren't in position to demand much from anyone. To get a high pick in the 3rd & cap relief, Lattimore won't be cheap is best case scenario. We have draft capital & we have cap space. A #1 CB is essential in this league. The entire secondary & our pass rush gets better with Lattimore shutting down #1 WRs on his own. It's freeing up another defender. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I think Sherman would be a great pickup. A guy to bring the culture change to the players, very similar to Scott with Rex. 

Agreed.  Not only that, but Bryce Hall is a very similar player to Sherman and he could benefit a lot from a year or 2 with Sherman next to him.

4 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

I know it sounds like a valid complaint but really list all the teams that win SBs without a "stacked" lineup.  You need a team to win a SB, no matter how well you play QB.  Think Marino etc

Garoppolo is a 7 year pro, 67.5 comp%, 51 TDs, 26 INTs, a QB rating of just about 100

I'd sign up for this.  His team pissed away a SB and fans blame the QB I get it.  Its just not entirely fair

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think our #66 would do it. The Saints aren't in position to demand much from anyone. To get a high pick in the 3rd & cap relief, Lattimore won't be cheap is best case scenario. We have draft capital & we have cap space. A #1 CB is essential in this league. The entire secondary & our pass rush gets better with Lattimore shutting down #1 WRs on his own. It's freeing up another defender. 

I would be very interested in Lattimore, but I still think the Saints get more than that for him.  It just takes a couple teams to drive up the price. I think they get a 3rd this year and a 1st next.