Do you trust Joe Douglas?

NYJ1

6 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Like I said, JD spent time in the bargain section. That’s fine, but you still need to put a competent team out there. The goal wasn’t to tank until maybe mid way through the season and then JD started trading away half decent players. It was a rebuild year, not a tank year initially. 

JD needed couple of good FA pickups. We weren’t in bad shape cap wise. He didn’t. 

Unfortunately, even if JD did what you said and put a competent team on the field, we would have still not made the playoffs.  Saddled with a garbage head coach, our best defensive player Moseley opting out for the year, and Jamal Adams wigging out and off the team.  

I like where we are right now.  We got a head coach that I am hopeful for, good draft capital and the #2 pick in the draft, along with money to spend in free agency.  

Judge Joe Douglas at the end of next year.  I expect to go from 2-14 to 7-9 or 8-8 next year,  and then to a playoff spot in 2022. 

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I do think he will stay with not signing a lot of big money FA and building through the draft

That's my belief as well. I don't think JD is going on a shopping spree for the aged this offseason. His inclination is to use the draft and keep the cap under control.