***Official NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread***

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I know his record every year is great. But he falls on his face every season spare one. Had him in fantasy a  few times, and has the annoying and bad habit of not putting away lesser teams when he has a chance and then blowing games. Suspect part of it was Mccarthy is a doofus, but people get all over Favre and Peyton Manning and they're better over their careers in the playoffs than Rodgers. Now if he wins today and 2 more games, I'll readily amend that. 

Favre had quite a few playoff let downs

3 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Goff's pocket awareness is very poor. Just stood there and let the Packers sack him. Has done it on two drives and they basically end the drive.

That’s really the difference between the elite qbs and the Goffs and Darnolds, they don’t know how to move around in the pocket at all. Darnold is particularly bad at this.

• Upvote 1

So my concern with hiring a defensive head coach is the nfl has tailored their rules to make games more high scoring and add more penalties on defense... the rams have the number one defense in football. Number one, and they have given up 32 points so far... you have to be able to score points in today’s nfl, you need a mobile qb, you have to out gun teams. Hey we gave up 28 points today, that sucks but we put up 35 points.... the Jets can’t do either, but the goal should be to be able to score points, even if you can’t stop a nose bleed, you have to out score teams.

im looking forward to seeing whatever our plan is begin to unfold in the coming weeks. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

GB has great WR”s 

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

GB has a great QB

Lazard is a white Breshad Perriman. It's the quarterback who can lead Lazard onto the ball and give him an easy path to the end zone. Packers have one great wide receiver, one very good running back and some bits and pieces on offence. Everyone expected the Packers to take a wide receiver in the first round last year and instead they took Jordan Love and put a chip on Rodgers' shoulder.

3 minutes ago, usanyj said:

So my concern with hiring a defensive head coach is the nfl has tailored their rules to make games more high scoring and add more penalties on defense... the rams have the number one defense in football. Number one, and they have given up 32 points so far... you have to be able to score points in today’s nfl, you need a mobile qb, you have to out gun teams. Hey we gave up 28 points today, that sucks but we put up 35 points.... the Jets can’t do either, but the goal should be to be able to score points, even if you can’t stop a nose bleed, you have to out score teams.

im looking forward to seeing whatever our plan is begin to unfold in the coming weeks. 

McVay is from the offensive side of the ball

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one ever argued Pass rusher is more important than OL.  Especially since quality OL's stop quality pass rushers.  But the OL has 5 spots, whereas 1-2 EDGE guys can disrupt an offense.

Meanwhile, Za'Darius Smith is having a very nice game.  He and Preston Smith are a huge part of GB's success.  Their defense was awful and cost them playoff games prior to the arrival of the Smith's.

Yea right. I spent plenty of off seasons debating with a bunch of poster that only wanted to draft passrushers even though the oline was awful. 

So annoying How the media bends over backwards to praise a TB team that isn’t very good. “There peaking at the right time” uhhh they barely beat a 7 win team qbd by Tyler heinecke and beat absolutely no one this year. Stop lying to us because Tom’s balls are in ur mouth for the love of god.

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Brady vs Rogers NFC Championship

It's not easy completing the 3 game season/playoff sweep, which is why I think the Bucs end the Saints season tomorrow. 

Brees is washed so you never know but I think Saints D is the difference and they beat a vastly overrated tb team rather easily.

I also thought Rams would cover so what the hell do I know 

7 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Lazard is a white Breshad Perriman. It's the quarterback who can lead Lazard onto the ball and give him an easy path to the end zone. Packers have one great wide receiver, one very good running back and some bits and pieces on offence. Everyone expected the Packers to take a wide receiver in the first round last year and instead they took Jordan Love and put a chip on Rodgers' shoulder.

All of this and yet there are still people who believe weppinz make the QB and not the other way around.

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yea right. I spent plenty of off seasons debating with a bunch of poster that only wanted to draft passrushers even though the oline was awful. 

It's quite simple.

OL (as a unit) > EDGE

However:

LT > EDGE > RT > G > C

Follow the money around the league and you'll also find this to be true.

9 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Lazard is biracial. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Brees is washed so you never know but I think Saints D is the difference and they beat a vastly overrated tb team rather easily.

I also thought Rams would cover so what the hell do I know 

Anything is possible, but I've always wanted a Brady vs Rogers match-up during the real season...may finally get it in the 2020 playoffs.

• Upvote 1

There’s a quiet genius to BAL using a 2nd Rnd pick to get one of the premier backs in Dobbins last year. We at JN are obsessed with maximizing the efficiency of every. damn. pick... cause we can’t afford not to. Roster of damn BUSTS. always drafting for need, over depth. 

Baltimore just bought an extra 3 years of being the best at what they do - run down your throat.