***Official NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread***

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Rams 'all world' defense looks like utter garbage.

Good offense beats good defense in today's NFL.

Looks to me like Rams are playing not to give up big plays and Packers are just nickel and diming them down the field.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Good offense beats good defense in today's NFL.

Looks to me like Rams are playing not to give up big plays and Packers are just nickel and diming them down the field.

And my little worry about picking up a Dcentirc coach for the jets.  I worry the gm will perhaps even subconcioulsy stick with and even build of the team when we need offense, offense offense

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

And my little worry about picking up a Dcentirc coach for the jets.  I worry the gm will perhaps even subconcioulsy stick with and even build of the team when we need offense, offense offense

Rams have an offensive coach 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think we make too much of offensive coach vs defensive coach.  Last two offensive coaches we hired didn't exaclty work out.  Just give me a good head coach who pays attention to both sides of the ball.  And Saleh was a TE in college, so he should know something about offfense too.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well he is a Georgia alum.    ?

I was never big on Floyd coming out.  But am I allowed to claim Saleh, who was an assistant at Georgia for one season early in his career?

Hopefully I will still want to claim him in a couple of years.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I think we make too much of offensive coach vs defensive coach.  Last two offensive coaches we hired didn't exaclty work out.  Just give me a good head coach who pays attention to both sides of the ball.  And Saleh was a TE in college, so he should know something about offfense too.

Agreed....

If he’s really a good HC he’ll realize the importance of investing on both sides of the ball.....Rex and Bowles approached the HC job as if they were still DC and that led to them influencing Defensive centric moves....Adam Gase was just all around incompetent....we have evidence of former DCs giving a sh!t about both sides of the ball in the league....

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not worried about the coach as much as the GM making the picks for his coach.

34 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

It’s all a bit similar to be honest...

McVay, Kyle Shanahan and Matt Lafleur are disciples of Daddy Shanahan....They run a West Coast, outside zone scheme. They are all big on marrying the running and passing game to make playaction deadly effective...

Mcvay runs a ton of 11 personnel, Kyle Shanahan runs more 21 personnel...some of that is based on how their teams are constructed. 

They’ve all worked around each other to varying degrees so I assume Mike Lafleur brings some variation of a west coast, outside zone scheme with him, because that’s what he’s been around....he’s pretty much followed Kyle Shanahan at every stop since they both were in Cleveland 

Thanks for that

• Upvote 1