Would Jax Trade #1 Pick for Watson?

21 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

It's the rookie contract.  They will take Lawrence.

Yup, that will influence their thinking but it is interesting that 5 of the 6 teams with the highest-paid QBs made the playoffs this year and 6 of 6 in the last 2 years.

• Upvote 2

Why is most everyone on this thread thinking that Jax would be stupid to pass on Lawrence for Watson, but most on the other thread are screaming for JD to trade 3 #1's for Watson vs. just taking Fields or Wilson?  I thought Fields was almost as good as Lawrence and I thought Wilson with LaFleur was a match made in heaven?? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Why is most everyone on this thread thinking that Jax would be stupid to pass on Lawrence for Watson, but most on the other thread are screaming for JD to trade 3 #1's for Watson vs. just taking Fields or Wilson?  I thought Fields was almost as good as Lawrence and I thought Wilson with LaFleur was a match made in heaven?? 

Two weeks ago Fields > Aaron Rodgers

Fields shat himself in the championship game and Watson it looks like may be amenable to coming here so now...

Watson > Aaron Rodgers

On 1/16/2021 at 7:27 PM, Greensleeves said:

Looks like things are deteriorating fast for Houston and Watson. If you were the GM of the Jags do you make this move? We have to kick the tires on a trade too. They could pick their new franchise QB and we have the cap space and capital to get it done while still grabbing some linemen and WRs for Watson.

Hell no...

On 1/17/2021 at 11:37 PM, HighPitch said:

Never thought about this scenario but it sure makes sense for the jags.

the trevor would fall into our lap lol

No, he’d go to HOU in that scenario. If Jets want Lawrence they’ll have to execute some sort of crazy three-way or double trade. Like trade for Watson and immediately flip him to JAX. Obviously unlikely.

Listening to a commentator yesterday who said he would trade #1 for Deshaun in a heartbeat.  So many highly projected QBs are busts or only average.  Deshaun has demonstrated that he can play at the highest level, even when he has mediocre talent around him.  

• Upvote 1