The Diggs Factor and Allen

kevinc855

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Ja'Marr Chase.

Stefon Diggs is an excellent pro comp for Ja'Marr Chase.

Similar size, similar speed, and similar skill set.

He has taken the Bills offense and Josh Allen to a whole new level. The Jets could certainly use this type of difference maker.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Diggs was an established stud when the bills got him. Just like any draft pick, it’s a crap shoot and you have to hope it works out. People can say get chase and smith, but fact of the matter is that doesn’t guarantee we have a number one receiver. Go out and get an established receiver if you can, Robinson would fit the bill. 

• Haha 1

Just now, DoubleDown said:

Stephen Diggs is an excellent pro comp for Ja'Marr Chase.

Similar size, similar speed, and similar skill set.

He has taken the Bills offense and Josh Allen to a whole new level. The Jets could certainly use this type of difference maker.

Agreed. So long as the dude wasn't eating Cheetos his whole 'opt-out year', I think he's got to be in consideration.

I definitely wonder, though, how strictly Joe D adheres to positional importance and whether he values a #1 receiver in the top 10. 

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

Diggs was an established stud when the bills got him. Just like any draft pick, it’s a crap shoot and you have to hope it works out. People can say get chase and smith, but fact of the matter is that doesn’t guarantee we have a number one receiver. Go out and get an established receiver if you can, Robinson would fit the bill. 

How about both? Maybe the Jets can finally build an offense tailored to the 2020s.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Bingo!

Broncos thought the same thing when they gave an inaccurate QB a stud rookie receiver = Jerry Jeudy. And ironically he has a underwhelming rookie season.

But let’s try and build up the bottom ranked QB for 3 consecutive seasons hoping he gets it because a kid on a rival team, made a 1 in 100 turn around in his career. 

These same people believe we can sign a guy like Allen Robinson, without considering the fact, he is leaving a better version of Darnold in Mitch Tribisky. 

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

Would love to have him, but why would he come here after catching balls from Trubisky? He wants to play with an established, successful QB. That's why drafting a #1 is critical if you keep Sam. Chase or Smith would be great.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, usanyj said:

He was good, but nobody knew he was this good.

He was a bit underutilized at Minnesota, and surprisingly, they haven't missed him there at all, because they drafted a stud WR in Justin Jefferson. 

Some WRs work better with certain QBs. 

Robinson is better than Diggs, even if the stats don't show it.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Allen Robinson has made Trubisky a really good QB.

AJ Brown turns Tannehill into a great QB even when Derrick Henry gets shut down. 

Deshaun Watson sucks without Hopkins.

Nothing I’ve stated above is true. It is much more possible that Josh Allen was going to be better and that Diggs helped him. It is much more possible that Sam Darnold is just bad than Sam Darnold will improve exponentially with any WR.

8 hours ago, TommyT said:

Sam will still suck regardless who the receivers are

Funny that this was said about Josh Allen last year isnt it? 

Allen was thought of LOWER than Sam Darnold and 95% of this very board felt he would blow no matter what, before, up to, and immediately after the Bills traded for Diggs. 

Then the season happened. 

The very same thing could happen to Darnold. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

It's so clear through this whole season how having a true 1 WR can help a QB. 

I'm not gona take away from Allen but without Diggs on this roster his year is alot less special. 

JD go get a true 1 WR. It's time. 

How about we go get an established #1 WR who has proven himself in this league like Allen Robinson, go hard after Joe Thuney, draft Sewell & snag Josh Myers at #66 & Sermon with our 2nd third rounder & McGovern to guard & start competing for this division. 

The Ravens lost because they can't pass the ball! Without the running game Jackson is a shell of himself. They should have been hitting those short passes in the zone after the 1st series, Roman didn't adapt fast enough. 

#coachingmatters

I'm not gona take away from Allen but without Diggs on this roster his year is alot less special. 

But wait I thought in order to be a franchise QB you have to ride in on your unicorn, walk on water, raise the dead and “make your players around you better” like if I was WR on the Bills Josh Allen would instantly make me into a pro bowl WR because that’s what franchise QBs do!

LOL There isn’t a team left in the playoffs that doesn’t have a stud WR1

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Are you suggesting the Bills offense was good last night?

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Allen Robinson has made a bunch of terrible QBs look pretty good, from Hackenberg to Bortles to Trubisky. Sign that MFer and find a way to get Devonta Smith on the team and let’s be legends

I like that...

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It also helps that Allen is tougher to tackle then Big Ben in his prime. 

He's basically Cam Newton with a lighter skin tone, minus the wacky post-game outfits.  

I'm having trouble trying to project his career from hereon out.

Is he gonna be consistently good for 10 seasons, or is this a peak in an otherwise mediocre-to-good career? QBs like him break the mould. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

How about both? Maybe the Jets can finally build an offense tailored to the 2020s.

I would LOVE to see an offense with Robinson, Smith, Mims and Crowder manning the WR spots. Heck, keep Perriman too if he's cheap enough.

WEAPONZ!!!  :D 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Allen Robinson has made a bunch of terrible QBs look pretty good, from Hackenberg to Bortles to Trubisky. Sign that MFer and find a way to get Devonta Smith on the team and let’s be legends

Smith would be great till he got hurt or realized everyone around him is fast. No thanks

• Upvote 1