You know when you get a new coach and he gets rid of good players to fit his scheme

Maxman

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

There is usually a linebacker that is good, but he doesn't fit and has to go. Not a problem with this roster lol.

Really curious to see what happens with Mosley. Dude has been MIA for two seasons. 

Would he be excited to work with this coach? 
Does he fit this defense? Do we cut him for the $?

I’ve got no idea. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Really curious to see what happens with Mosley. Dude has been MIA for two seasons. 

I’ve got no idea. 

I can tell you this, I am hopeful that he performs at a high level next year because there is no way he is getting cut. He is going to count more against the cap than they will pay him the next two years. Hopefully Saleh can speak to him and everyone is energized.

image.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet2020 said:

Well, about that...Mosley? We let Vilma go  so you never know. 

Mosley's contract guarantees that he stays.  Vilma is the exact example of someone who doesn't fit the new system. Good post, that is exactly what I meant with this thread.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Parcells got rid of Douglas because he was a locker room lawyer. Mangini did the same to Kendall for the same reason. Gase has already fumigated Florham Park of subversive locker room cancers. Saleh inherits a cohesive roster. 

Yes, it feels like most of the hard work has been done. The purging. Now, hopefully we start the fun part. Adding the good pieces.

Saleh “grew up” coaching linebackers. I think that’s going to be a significant area of focus initially. The unknown with Mosley notwithstanding, it really is a depleted group. And, even the average guys who performed well, guys like Hewitt, are free agents. Lots of work to do there and, as always, our pass rushing OLB needs persist.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah, that isn't going to be a problem this time around.  :)

I remember being pissed when Parcells got rid of Hugh Douglas. Not an issue this time. There are no good players.  Problem solved.

Seriously I think the new regime will find a way to maximize Q, Becton, etc. Hopefully even Herndon. But damn there will be no good players being cut because they don't fit. That is a bigger reflection of the roster than anything else.

Well, that's one way to make a negative into a positive.

In before Saleh trades QW and lets Maye walk, lol.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Do we cut him for the $?

I’ve got no idea. 

I do:

Mosely's dead money for this year is $20 million, and he only costs $7.5 million

2022, his cap number is $17.5 million, and a dead money hit of $12.5.

My guess, he's here guaranteed next year, and possibly the year after that. 

2023, unless he is playing lights out, will be gone.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I’ve got no idea. 

I get coaches have scheme's, but I'm believing JD hired Saleh because he is going to be the HC, not the DC. Those questions should be answered once he hires his DC. I will be very disappointed if Saleh starts taking over the D and not worrying about the entire team. I think what made Parcell's and coaches like him successful was the ability to delegate while only being the overlord.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Yeah, that isn't going to be a problem this time around.  :)

I remember being pissed when Parcells got rid of Hugh Douglas. Not an issue this time. There are no good players.  Problem solved.

Seriously I think the new regime will find a way to maximize Q, Becton, etc. Hopefully even Herndon. But damn there will be no good players being cut because they don't fit. That is a bigger reflection of the roster than anything else.

indian crying GIF

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I’ve got no idea. 

Can't cut him.   The hit would be huge 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Mosley should love this change. Need two new OLBs though.

Hoping Saleh can get through to Zuniga. What a waste of a 3rd so far. 

I wonder what Saleh, Lefleur think of Morgan in last year’s draft? Saleh views on Davis, Hall. Lefleur view of Clark and Mims. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Parcells got rid of Douglas because he was a locker room lawyer. Mangini did the same to Kendall for the same reason. Gase has already fumigated Florham Park of subversive locker room cancers. Saleh inherits a cohesive roster. 

You need to look up the word cohesive. I think that is the last word I would use to describe the Jets.

Yeah Becton, same for Q imo.

There is usually a linebacker that is good, but he doesn't fit and has to go. Not a problem with this roster lol.

Guess this will warrant another thread later but Saleh will move Jets to a 4-3 so Q should play that 3 technique DT with the larger DT version next to him of Fatukasi with Sheperd backing up at DT  Then Basham at one DE spot and Huff/Zuniga at the other DE spot. At LB hopefully Mosley at MLB and Jenkins at SSLM. Then for that 4-3 D we draft the OLB Edge player we have sought after since Abraham. If that works we should mainly need 1-2 CBs to pair with Poole/Hall and we can have a solid D which as we see in the playoffs is still very valuable. Without that the Bills would not be going to the AFC title game.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think it's impressive that you're already getting out in front of setting the table for the "Saleh had success with Gase's roster" narrative.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The only defensive player I'm relatively concerned about is Franklin-Meyers.  Not really an ideal 4-3 DT size wise, probably not enough quickness to be a true 4-3 pass rusher.  He was very good this past year.

Good point. Henry Anderson is guaranteed cut. Dude can’t play in a 4-3. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think it's impressive that you're already getting out in front of setting the table for the "Saleh had success with Gase's roster" narrative.

He's been prepping it since the Saleh announcement. 

Pulitzer Prize caliber Gase arguments coming soon to a thread near you!

33 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Mosley should love this change. Need two new OLBs though.

He and q will benefit greatly from this change. We sometimes forget how good Mosley is. 4 time pro bowler, under 30 , with very low mileage. We saw what we can do with 1st and only game he played( i was there) , totally dominant until he got hurt and we were shutting out the Bills before he got hurt. I expect him to be pro bowler again at the mike lb this yr.

• Upvote 1

On the flip side ... an article that was shared in another thread listed the 5 players they thought would thrive most under Saleh. Darnold, Q, Hall were mentioned, but the one I was most intrigued by was Ty Johnson. Said he's the ideal sort of "one cut" back for what SF ran.

It'd be nice to see our RBs used properly for once ... Gore up the middle for 2 yards will hopefully be a thing of the past.

23 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Guess this will warrant another thread later but Saleh will move Jets to a 4-3 so Q should play that 3 technique DT with the larger DT version next to him of Fatukasi with Sheperd backing up at DT  Then Basham at one DE spot and Huff/Zuniga at the other DE spot. At LB hopefully Mosley at MLB and Jenkins at SSLM. Then for that 4-3 D we draft the OLB Edge player we have sought after since Abraham. If that works we should mainly need 1-2 CBs to pair with Poole/Hall and we can have a solid D which as we see in the playoffs is still very valuable. Without that the Bills would not be going to the AFC title game.

Jenkins will not be back, the front seven will have at least 2 new starters, minimum.

13 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Good point. Henry Anderson is guaranteed cut. Dude can’t play in a 4-3. 

Anderson was going to get cut regardless of the scheme. He hasn't produced ever since Maccgnan gave him that extension.  Going to create 8.2 million in cap space. Probably sign at least one of SF the DL free agents. 

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Thanks for the info.

My god that was a terrible signing for us. 

See I feel like we can’t really bash this signing too much....yet.  Last year was injury riddled for him, just like everyone on the team.  For the 3 quarters he played, he was absolutely dominant.  2020 with the covid opt out, I mean there’s not much to say there, it is what it is.  
Hopefully he’s back and energized next season.

• Sympathy 1