DeShaun Watson's Texans departure seems inevitable

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

There’s literally 0 reason for anybody to not want to do this. What would you rather draft Justin Fields or Zach Wilson instead and hope he turns into Watson? Just trade for the sure thing.....

Exactly, Watson IS a top 3 QB in the NFL, and at his age may have 15 years left in him. It's a costly move, but one that changes our Franchise forever.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol of course you think Watson is overrated. 

I think giving 3 first round picks (including the 2nd overall) to pay 40 Mil to a QB who has never had any meaningful playoff success to be too much, yes.

If they'd take the 23rd, the lower of next years firsts, and a 2nd, then go ahead..  You can recoup that 2nd trading Sam.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

The Texans are a huge mess. They have no cap and nothing to build around except Tunsil. I don’t know even think the bidding is going to get too high on him. The Texans have no leverage. They might go 0-16 next year.

The 2 pick straight up probably gets it done

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Texans are a huge mess. They have no cap and nothing to build around except Tunsil. I don’t know even think the bidding is going to get too high on him. The Texans have no leverage. They might go 0-16 next year.

Exactly

They're in cap hell with no leverage, and would be negotiating with the guy who got 2 firsts and a 3rd for cigar-smoking blitz boy. 

32 minutes ago, Pac said:

Watson has two 1 and dones in the playoffs and is coming off a 4 win season.  If the Texans will take Seattle's pick and Darnold then do it.

If they want the 2nd, 23rd, and Darnold they can F off.

It's going to take A LOT more than our two 1's this year and Darnold.

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Because they’re a bad team with bad coaching? Traded away an elite WR? 

I had Will Fuller in fantasy last season.  Watched a lot of Texans.  Watson loaded up on garbage time stats

Offer Houston the 2 pick.  Anything more is a bad deal for us.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Thanks.  It's not that I don't know Tech, I just loathe social media.  But it can be useful to read it when other repost it, lol.

So that deal, maybe.  Still guts the rebuild for a number of years.

But honestly, I don't think the Texans accept it.  If I'm then, trading the league leader in passing, my starting point is "both 2021 #1's, both 2022 #1 and your 2023 #1".  We could negotiate that down of course, but I don't see any way we walk away with a #1 in 2021 or our higher pick in 2022 by the end of such a deal.

I like Watson.  Would love to have him.  But I love having an O-line and WR's and RB's too.  Dear lord if we trade the farm for Watson, and in November 2021 someone on JN is posting "Watson just needs time, and weapons".....

Warfish, hear me brother. We haven’t had a franchise qb since Namath. 

Let that sink in.

NAMATH.

You have to do this if it is at all possible, damn the cost.

I just still can’t conceive he gets traded. That thought is mind boggling. When was the last time a franchise about in his prime was traded?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

Warfish, hear me brother. We haven’t had a franchise qb since Namath. 

Let that sink in.

NAMATH.

You have to do this if it is at all possible, damn the cost.

I just still can’t conceive he gets traded. That thought is mind boggling. When was the last time a franchise about in his prime was traded?

NFL does not work in a damn the cost mode. Not the right move for the Jets. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It's going to take A LOT more than our two 1's this year and Darnold.

It might not because they have no leverage. Like holy crap they are positioned for nothing at all. Only a bidding war between the Jets, Jaguars, and Dolphins can raise the price.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

He’s not coming here folks. Wake up and smell the coffee. We’re worst that the Texans, remember? 

Take qb out of the analysis and were better right now. Factor in cap and coaching situation and we’re much better.

I know we are all supposed to pretend that watson is the greatest but how good was he with out his number 1 WR hopkins..

I get it he is good but he's not the great qb inthe world. I'm not a big fan of getting him, especially with how he has acted. 

We are supposed to go get him and pretend like he is not going to do the same bs here if he don't like some roster moves...doubt salah or Joe would delay with it

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Jets can 100% damn the cost here because JD put the team in position to do it. 

NO, hell no. He's just not stupid like so many fans. We just fuggin say Deshawn Watson win 4 games without adequate support and you want to chew up our cap and draft capital we need to build a team. It's idiotic.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

He’s not coming here folks. Wake up and smell the coffee. We’re worst that the Texans, remember? 

While you are correct, if he wants to get out of Houston bad enough, the jets definitely have much more upside than the Texans do. The Texans literally have no way of improving next year. But I wouldnt be surprised at all if Watson has so no desire to join the jets. If the dolphins are an option though, I'm sure Watson would definitely prefer to go there, but maybe Texans don't like Tua? 

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

NO, hell no. He's just not stupid like so many fans. We just fuggin say Deshawn Watson win 4 games without adequate support and you want to chew up our cap and draft capital we need to build a team. It's idiotic.

Jets have pieces. This team isn’t nearly as bad as the players that make it up. This team was coached by a high school coaching staff for gods sake. A real coach and Winston take this team to at least 7 wins overnight before even factoring in free agency were we have a ton of flexibility and cash.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1