DeShaun Watson's Texans departure seems inevitable

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Texans points scored 2019: 378 

Texans points scored 2020: 384

Texans Defense points against 2019:  385

Texans Defense points against 2020: 464

Are we sure it was because they lost a receiver?

Can't believe Watson gave up all those points

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And we have more cap space than anyone other than the Jaguars (and we have a much stronger idea of what they're about to do at QB).  So what's your point?

This is all very unlikely but it's not impossible and it certainly isn't predicated on what Douglas did last offseason.  Last season was about clearing out bad contracts and adding a lot of draft picks.  This offseason he has the tools at his disposal to be very aggressive at improving the roster.

Only point is I don't think it's a JD move.  If he's done with Sam, much more likely he's taking a QB at #2 and starting the clock over than putting $35 mil/yr into the QB position

Most Jets fans have never had a franchise quarterback in their entire effin’ lives.

Opportunities like this never happen, you gotta jump at it if it presents itself.

I’d like to only give up 2, but in the end if it’s needed to close the deal, I’d give up 3 of 4 first rounders we have the next 2 seasons. Jamal Adams a box safety cost 2, a franchise QB is gonna cost more. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

5 of the 6 highest paid QBs played in January this year. 6 of 6 in last 2 years. 19 of 20 of the last SBs were won by a QB with at least one Pro Bowl under his belt and 16 of those by QBs either already in the HOF or well on their way.

So you’re saying there’s a chance. 

SAR I

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Only point is I don't think it's a JD move.  If he's done with Sam, much more likely he's taking a QB at #2 and starting the clock over than putting $35 mil/yr into the QB position

I tend to agree with this. 

But young QBs at Watson's level are virtually never available - this could be an "all bets are off" scenario. 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Grandy said:

If Darnold did that on a bad team our fanbase would start a religion around the man.

If Darnold had the same stats Tua had in his first 9 games in the league over any 9 game stretch in his career, people would need to change their underwear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So you’re saying there’s a chance. 

SAR I

100 roads to a ring, 95 start with a good QB. That’s 19 of 20, which is also exactly the number of the last 20 SBs won by a QB with at least one Pro Bowl under his belt. The only exception is Flacco. Who just outplayed Sam. Let that sink in.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

100 roads to a ring, 95 start with a good QB. That’s 19 of 20, which is also exactly the number of the last 20 SBs won by a QB with at least one Pro Bowl under his belt. The only exception is Flacco. Who just outplayed Sam. Let that sink in.

What's made even more damning by this stat is the fact that Flacco in his prime was actually pretty good in his own right, and especially great in the playoffs. This means that the "worst" QB to win a SB in the last 20 years was still borderline top 10 some seasons. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

He is so getting traded. Mort is as reliable as it gets. My money is still on him ending up in Miami though

If I’m Texas I’d prefer to give it a go with Tua than Darnold absolutely. Especially with their differing contract situations.

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

What's made even more damning by this stat is the fact that Flacco in his prime was actually pretty good in his own right, and especially great in the playoffs. This means that the "worst" QB to win a SB in the last 20 years was still borderline top 10 some seasons. 

Yes. Darnold is worse than the decaying husk of the only non-Pro Bowl QB to win a SB in the last 20 years.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

If I’m Texas I’d prefer to give it a go with Tua than Darnold absolutely. Especially with their differing contract situations.

From the Texans perspective I think they would prefer the Jets because with Miami they would be trading back for their own number three overall pick- egg on your face, it’s just too much. You also justify it by saying the Jets have a higher pick at 2 overall.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Facing Watson and Allen twice a year for what could be over a decade sounds absolutely terrifying.

Yeah this is a brutal possibility... just when we finally thought things would be looking up after the Brady belicheat era....

The Bills and Fins also have 2 very good Head coaches, hopefully Saleh can be a home run for the Jets as well

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Imagine

Miami: Deshaun Watson

Buffalo: Josh Allen

Patriots: Coach by Bill Belichick

Jets: Sam Darnold + Penei Sewell

Thats the future some people want.

I want Watson, and I'm willing to trade 3 1sts.

That said, in your scenario, it's Darnold + Sewell + at least one more first rounder, if not two. 

I can understand those who balk at three firsts. Myself I'm not crazy about 3 1sts for any player - but a situation like this has to be the exception. 25 y/o FQB and we just netted 2 1sts and a 3rd for a SS. It lines up fairly perfectly. 

5 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

He is so getting traded. Mort is as reliable as it gets. My money is still on him ending up in Miami though

That’s my fear. I can envision the Jets make the best offer, but with the no trade clause in play Miami is the more desirable destination. With Josh Allen already in the division we won’t be sniffing the playoffs for a decade.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Facing Watson and Allen twice a year for what could be over a decade sounds absolutely terrifying.

We finally shrug off the yolk of the Evil Empire and we get two stud QBs in our division to fill the void. Would be very Jetsy.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

Yeah this is a brutal possibility... just when we finally thought things would be looking up after the Brady belicheat era....

After 20 years of Patriot battery and abuse we'd then be progressing to the football equivalent of double-penetration by 2 of the top 3 young QB's in the league for a decade.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3