DeShaun Watson's Texans departure seems inevitable

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I want Watson, and I'm willing to trade 3 1sts.

That said, in your scenario, it's Darnold + Sewell + at least one more first rounder, if not two. 

I can understand those who balk at three firsts. Myself I'm not crazy about 3 1sts for any player - but a situation like this has to be the exception. 25 y/o FQB and we just netted 2 1sts and a 3rd for a SS. It lines up fairly perfectly. 

The problem is Sam Darnold being bad. Objectively.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

From the Texans perspective I think they would prefer the Jets because with Miami they would be trading back for their own number three overall pick- egg on your face, it’s just too much. You also justify it by saying the Jets have a higher pick at 2 overall.

Agree there. Watson has a no trade clause though. On the small these reports are true will be very interesting.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

We finally shrug off the yolk of the Evil Empire and we get two stud QBs in our division to fill the void. Would be very Jetsy.

The two people I'd be the most unhappy with would be Mac for missing out on Watson in the first place, and my Dad for making me a fan of this team.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

We finally shrug off the yolk of the Evil Empire and we get two stud QBs in our division to fill the void. Would be very Jetsy.

Relax. Didn't happen yet. Maybe Watson ends up somewhere else.. and maybe Josh Allen keeps going to Failure Palmer brothers camp and turns back into a pumpkin. Ya never know.

Just now, pointman said:

Relax. Didn't happen yet. Maybe Watson ends up somewhere else.. and maybe Josh Allen keeps going to Failure Palmer brothers camp and turns back into a pumpkin. Ya never know.

My friend it takes a lot more than the Jets sucking to get me un relaxed lol 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No I’m not blind to ALL the circumstances around Watson, you fans are just salivating at his fantasy production the kid hasn’t won a ******* thing in the NFL and you will all say well he had no help blah blah blah, well yeah so let’s trade every ******* pick to pay this guy 40 million a year with the worst roster by far in football and expect him to be our savior.

SHUT THE **** UP you GM worse then ******* Macc if you want to give up the farm for this problem.

He won his division twice and won a playoff game.  Are you looking for Super Bowl wins as validation?  Pretty slim pickings, no?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, pointman said:

If we go into next season with Sam Darnold and only Sam Darnold, when we have the NUMBER TWO OVERALL PICK, and the slightest chance at Watson.. someone needs to get their dick kicked in. 

I have hope JD isn’t doing this. Self preservation is a powerful thing. If I am wrong, I’m full on the JD is a bust wagon.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Don't forget about the 1st round pick the Jets will get back when they trade Sam Dar-know... ?

Thank you I almost forget the best part: the belief that Sam is going to net us a first but Watson stinks and not worth anything in trade lol 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

He won his division twice and won a playoff game.  Are you looking for Super Bowl wins as validation?  Pretty slim pickings, no?

How did he do when his roster was stripped after he got paid?  And now trade all of our picks to pay him and have a sh*t roster still if not the worst why would anyone expect more then 4 wins like he got this year?

• WTF? 1

To say the Jets must do "all that they can to get Watson" is absurd. It obviously should depend on the asking price. My personal feeling is I'm not trading anything more than a 2nd, preferably a 3rd for what? A disgruntled 4 year veteran?

With that said, Deshaun Watson is a good QB. Getting him and inserting him into a QB competition with Sammy is an excellent scenario for the team. It will most definitely set Sammys A$$ on fire. It will let him know with no uncertain terms that the days of him being forgiven for regressing are OVER.

But I'm also unwilling to give up a 1st rounder. The Jets need too much help all over the team to be pulling silly sh*t with 1st rounders, let alone the 2nd overall pick. The mere suggestions is purely psychotic and very clearly a move Mac would have made.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I also remember him giving his D a 14 point cushion vs the Chiefs in the playoffs last year when he accounted for over 400 yards and 3 TDs but his D couldn’t make but 1 stop on the entire day. 

But none of that matters, he only won 4 games on a team that fired their Head Coach 4 game into the season and their vocal leader constantly ripping the effort of his D every press conference but ya know, let’s not talk about circumstances or anything 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pointman said:

I hate to admit it but Allen is the real deal I dont see him turning back into a pumpkin. We're gonna have to deal with him for a decade. Also with Watson, realistically speaking I dont think there's many potential landing spots other than Miami, Jets, and a few other spots. Not many teams can afford the draft capital and take on the contract.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

He was just discussing a hypothetical, which is all this is at the moment. It is entirely possible Allen declines, but as of right now reality is that Mac picked the wrong guy 2 years in a row and that decision may very well (and might've already) put us in Football Purgatory for years.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

How did he do when his roster was stripped after he got paid?  And now trade all of our picks to pay him and have a sh*t roster still if not the worst why would anyone expect more then 4 wins like he got this year?

He had his best season.  You are really putting the wins on him?  You’re better then this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lead the NFL in passing yards?

Threw 33 TDs?

Only 7 INTs?

Id expect JD with $90 or so in cap room and still left with enough picks, would still be able to put together a respectable team.  Not leave the Jets with a Texans like roster for Saleh and Co.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Grandy said:

After 20 years of Patriot battery and abuse we'd then be progressing to the football equivalent of double-penetration by 2 of the top 3 young QB's in the league for a decade.

I’m sure a guy who sees ghosts and just got outplayed by Flacco’s ghost  will look awesome next to these two 4 games a year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

To say the Jets must do "all that they can to get Watson" is absurd. It obviously should depend on the asking price. My personal feeling is I'm not trading anything more than a 2nd, preferably a 3rd for what? A disgruntled 4 year veteran?

With that said, Deshaun Watson is a good QB. Getting him and inserting him into a QB competition with Sammy is an excellent scenario for the team. It will most definitely set Sammys A$$ on fire. It will let him know with no uncertain terms that the days of him being forgiven for regressing are OVER.

But I'm also unwilling to give up a 1st rounder. The Jets need too much help all over the team to be pulling silly sh*t with 1st rounders, let alone the 2nd overall pick. The mere suggestions is purely psychotic and very clearly a move Mac would have made.

This is an absolutely absurd take. If the player we take at #2 overall becomes half as impactful a player as Deshaun, then the Jets hit a home run. If the asking price for Deshaun was just the #2 overall pick (its not, not even close) you do it without hesitation and thank your lucky stars that the Texans are as incompetent as it gets 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Its not just 3 firsts if you trade the 2nd pick..  you can potentially trade down and pick up another first if not more so suddenly its 4 firsts and a 3rd...

Jamal being traded for 2 late round firsts a lot different than 3 firsts with one of them being 2nd overall.

Too much.

Cap it at Seattle's first, lower first next year, and a 2nd...

Or 2nd overall and a 2nd and 3rd.  You can recoup the 2nd trading darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Chicken Omg GIF by reactionseditor

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

If we look at recent big trades for guidance on value for 'premium players in their prime' we look to Ramsey, Tunsil and JAdams (lolz). All three went for at least two firsts. 

Watson plays quarterback. 

I think the conversation starts at the #2 + another first rounder.

I get that he's disgruntled, so conceivably that removes some leverage from the Texans... but then you have to factor in the sheer number of teams that would be interested, and suddenly there's a bidding war.

Long story short, I think the price will be at least two #1's.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m sure a guy who sees ghosts and just got outplayed by Flacco’s ghost  will look awesome next to these two 4 games a year.

Hey, if you give the guy a pro bowl supporting cast headlined by Hercules, and Wonder Woman he might be able to split the series every couple years.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jets fans being too good for Deshaun Watson is straight wackado bizarro doodoo.  

I'm pretty sure Jets fans don't watch football if the Jets aren't playing. No way to explain their QB takes like the one that unironically said 'Sammy' and Watson would compete for the starting job--lol

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1