Drew Brees will retire next year

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Saints are going to blow it up in the offseason 

I’ll take darnold+ for Lattimore. Both are free agents in 2022. Trade and sign. 

Really going to miss Drew. He started as an underdog, and ended as one of the greatest to ever do it. His achievements on the field, and contributions to NO make him legendary.

• Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Need a QB with untapped potential New Orleans?

Has to be tough, Brady is right on his heels for all time passing yards. I am sure he wanted to go out holding that one.

• Upvote 1

Note that 15 years of Drew Brees and Sean Peyton got New Orleans to exactly 1 Super Bowl.  

Mind blowing if you think about it.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Note that 15 years of Drew Brees and Sean Peyton got New Orleans to exactly 1 Super Bowl.  

SAR I

Maybe. But I’d trade my left nut for a similar 15 year run 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Maybe. But I’d trade my left nut for a similar 15 year run 

No question, that's what we're all in this for.  Be relevant, compete for a playoff berth every season for a decade, and break through and win it all in one magical year.

Just saying that if one of the greatest QB's and HC's of all time could only get there once, man it's a hard thing to do.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No question, that's what we're all in this for.  Be relevant, compete for a playoff berth every season for a decade, and break through and win it all in one magical year.

Just saying that if one of the greatest QB's and HC's of all time could only get there once, man it's a hard thing to do.

SAR I

Which really raises serious conspiracies over Brady winning 6 rings. 

XXXVI: Patriots 20, Rams 17

First SB win. Rams just blew this, especially Martz who didn't use Falk. Were heavy favorites. Should have been an easy win for Rams.

XXXVIII: Patriots 32, Panthers 29

Another very close game. Sensing a pattern?

XXXIX: Patriots 24, Eagles 21

Another close game

XLII: Giants 17, Patriots 14

One game Brady should have won and didn't.

XLVI: Giants 21, Patriots 17

Oooops another.

XLIX: Patriots 28, Seahawks 24

Another close game.  Carroll gives it away.

LI: Patriots 34, Falcons 28 (OT)

This is the game that IMO was totally fixed by the refs. No way pats come back that far back. Not 1 holding penalty called during that 'comeback'.  hard to believe.

LII: Eagles 41, Patriots 33 

Outplayed
LIII: Patriots vs. Rams (Feb. 3, 2019)

Most boring SB ever.  

Of the 6 SB's Brady has won, none have been convincing wins.  He could easily be 2-7/1-8 in Super Bowls.  

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Which really raises serious conspiracies over Brady winning 6 rings. 

XXXVI: Patriots 20, Rams 17

First SB win. Rams just blew this, especially Martz who didn't use Falk. Were heavy favorites. Should have been an easy win for Rams.

XXXVIII: Patriots 32, Panthers 29

Another very close game. Sensing a pattern?

XXXIX: Patriots 24, Eagles 21

Another close game

XLII: Giants 17, Patriots 14

One game Brady should have won and didn't.

XLVI: Giants 21, Patriots 17

Oooops another.

XLIX: Patriots 28, Seahawks 24

Another close game.  Carroll gives it away.

LI: Patriots 34, Falcons 28 (OT)

This is the game that IMO was totally fixed by the refs. No way pats come back that far back. Not 1 holding penalty called during that 'comeback'.  hard to believe.

LII: Eagles 41, Patriots 33 

Outplayed
LIII: Patriots vs. Rams (Feb. 3, 2019)

Most boring SB ever.  

Of the 6 SB's Brady has won, none have been convincing wins.  He could easily be 2-7/1-8 in Super Bowls.  

The falcons game was essentially unlosable if Atlanta had not taken the sack instead of running and just putting it away with a field goal and exercising even a Todd Bowles level of clock management. Worst in game management of any game ever IMO. I get what you are saying but hate him as much as you want it is 9 super bowls and possibly 10 this year. Funny thing we don't criticize Montana for only making it to 4

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

The falcons game was essentially unlosable if Atlanta had not taken the sack instead of running and just putting it away with a field goal and exercising even a Todd Bowles level of clock management. Worst in game management of any game ever IMO. I get what you are saying but hate him as much as you want it is 9 super bowls and possibly 10 this year. Funny thing we don't criticize Montana for only making it to 4

Sorry BUT that SB vs. the Falcons was totally fixed. No way you are going to stop a DL from pinning their ears back for an entire half and not holding them multiple times.  Refs totally looked the other way.  Just 1 call on any of those drives changes the outcome of that game. And Montana NEVER lost a SB.  And he played in a totally different era than Brady so their passing records really cant be compared.  Montana was the best QB of all time. 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Couple reasons for that.

1) Drew never took a home town discount and always cap strapped NO unlike Brady who left 100 millions of dollars on the floor.  

2) just like for Peyton Manning, NO overwhelmingly favored offensive talent.  So it was always Drew, an assortment of allstars on the line and allstar WRs, and then absolutely JAG lvl defenses.  Meanwhile the Pats let Brady put up the points with mostly jag offenses (or underpaid homegrown talent like Edelman and Gronk) and instead had elite defenses.

It was only this last year and the super bowl run where NO had a good D.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

weren't shula and marino together for around 15 seasons too?

• Upvote 1

Have to say he and Payton seemed snake bit.  i think overall talent they have had the best team for several years now and seemed to crap their pants in the big spots every year.  He made the case for retirement yesterday.  I would hate to have seen him outside in Greenbay next week.  It would have been ugly.