Why can't players list their real height or weight?

It's called PUFFING. They're always trying to build heir brand. It's about selling yourself, whether you or anyone associated with you does it. Hopefully, the end result of such a practice is a better draft position and MORE MONEY...

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We'll find out at whatever process the NFL puts in place this year in lieu of the combine. 

On that note, anyone that thinks Devonta Smith actually weighs 175 is silly. 

Never understood the logic.

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

It's called PUFFING. They're always trying to build heir brand. It's about selling yourself, whether you or anyone associated with you does it. Hopefully, the end result of such a practice is a better draft position and MORE MONEY...

Also girls tend to like taller guys, gives more incentive to round up a bit.

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

If that's the case, brother please! 6'0, 185 lbs

i.png

14 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Listen at 3:57 on this video. Is Zach Wilson 6'3 or 6'1? 210 or 200 pounds?

Matt, GreenBean and I have talked about this. I don't think Wilson will come in at 6'3" 210 lbs. It may not matter if you like his game but if he comes in at say 200 lbs that would mean Fields has roughly 30 lbs on him unless he's fluffing as well.

8 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Why can't players list their real height or weight?

From my experience that's less on the player & more on the coaches.

Media guides. "Look at the impressive athletes we've collected!"

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Matt, GreenBean and I have talked about this. I don't think Wilson will come in at 6'3" 210 lbs. It may not matter if you like his game but if he comes in at say 200 lbs that would mean Fields has roughly 30 lbs on him unless he's fluffing as well.

It's not fluffing. The practice is called PUFFING. Get it right...:)

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We'll find out at whatever process the NFL puts in place this year in lieu of the combine. 

On that note, anyone that thinks Devonta Smith actually weighs 175 is silly. 

Yeah that is probably the most useful point of the combine.

Devonta is fast. Oh wow he can cut. Interesting he benched 225 x times, but I don't really care. Anyhow what did he weigh in at?

I went to the LI top 100 camp in 1984. I was a legit 6’6” and there were dudes there 6’4 that listed their height in the program as 6’7

That’s what the combine is for. No BS

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah that is probably the most useful point of the combine.

Devonta is fast. Oh wow he can cut. Interesting he benched 225 x times, but I don't really care. Anyhow what did he weigh in at?

If he's 160, how does he beat press? How does he avoid getting boxed out or redirected? LOL 

And dude will get 225 x 2 if he bothers.

Ruggs, Hill, Mims, and a whole mess of guys come out and run 4.3s. And they all have 20 or more lbs on Stickboy.

• Confused 2
2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Really? Thats dumb, and you know it.

If he's 160, how does he beat press? How does he avoid getting boxed out or redirected? LOL 

And dude will get 225 x 2 if he bothers.

Ruggs, Hill, Mims, and a whole mess of guys come out and run 4.3s. And they all have 20 or more lbs on Stickboy.

Dude you have anger issues, I really am beginning to understand why so many people report and complain about your posts.

I legitimately agreed with what you wrote and you responded by calling me dumb. 

You said he doesn't weigh 175. And I agreed by saying I find the combine weigh in to be very important. What else are we going to learn about this player, we already know that he is:

-Fast

-He can cut

-I don't care how many times he benches 225lbs

What he weighs in at is important. But I am dumb for agreeing with you. Got it.

• Post of the Week 1
5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Dude you have anger issues, I really am beginning to understand why so many people report and complain about your posts.

I legitimately agreed with what you wrote and you responded by calling me dumb. 

You said he doesn't weigh 175. And I agreed by saying I find the combine weigh in to be very important. What else are we going to learn about this player, we already know that he is:

-Fast

-He can cut

-I don't care how many times he benches 225lbs

What he weighs in at is important. But I am dumb for agreeing with you. Got it.

I honestly took it as sarcasm.  

My mistake.  And not angry in the least, just a jerk.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

I honestly took it as sarcasm.  

My mistake.  And not angry in the least, just a jerk.

Same with the QBs and the height as was mentioned at the top of this thread. I think so much of the combine is over blown and what they do without pads doesn't matter as much as film.  They should run the 40 in pads. 

There are guys that benefit obviously, smaller school, they didn't get an opportunity for whatever reason. But with the top guys what are we going to learn? The top 3 QBs are all going to look great. I want to see Wilson's height and weight and I want to see Devonta help me get over the Robby Anderson vibe I get from him. I think he is going to bulk up and will do everything in his power to be over 170. If he steps on that scale at 166 then oh my.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Same with the QBs and the height as was mentioned at the top of this thread. I think so much of the combine is over blown and what they do without pads doesn't matter as much as film.  They should run the 40 in pads. 

There are guys that benefit obviously, smaller school, they didn't get an opportunity for whatever reason. But with the top guys what are we going to learn? The top 3 QBs are all going to look great. I want to see Wilson's height and weight and I want to see Devonta help me get over the Robby Anderson vibe I get from him. I think he is going to bulk up and will do everything in his power to be over 170. If he steps on that scale at 166 then oh my.

Agreed. Remember the huge anticipation for Kylers official, actual height? Same with Mayfield.  Skill Clinics are easy for athletes of this caliber to prep for and get trained up to do, height/weight/hand size are what they are, interested to see how Wilson grades out.

I've waffled back and forth on Fields, but I don't think he would do well in New York, he doesn’t seem to handle pressure or scrutiny well,  and while he has loads of physical ability, I don't see the fit.

If Zach is 6'0, 195 with small hands, take a walk. 😆 

Sorry about earlier, the insane tonal changes from poster to poster here make it sometimes hard to infer the proper tone. 

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Agreed. Remember the huge anticipation for Kylers official, actual height? Same with Mayfield.  Skill Clinics are easy for athletes of this caliber to prep for and get trained up to do, height/weight/hand size are what they are, interested to see how Wilson grades out.

I've waffled back and forth on Fields, but I don't think he would do well in New York, he doesn’t seem to handle pressure or scrutiny well,  and while he has loads of physical ability, I don't see the fit.

If Zach is 6'0, 195 with small hands, take a walk. 😆 

Sorry about earlier, the insane tonal changes from poster to poster here make it sometimes hard to infer the proper tone. 

All good, thanks.

Kyler and Baker were the most anticipated height measurements. Actually more so for Baker, Kyler had the running thing and Kliff was on record as saying he would take him # 1 even when it seemed like he was a baseball player.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

They should run the 40 in pads. 

100%.  We know a guy who runs a 4.3 is fast, we have tons of tape of him playing fast.  But two players can run a 4.3, put their pads on and they can play at two different speeds.