Chargers Hiring Rams DC Staley as head coach: MERGED

Mogglez

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You'd be hard pressed to convince me the Jets didn't win this coaching search off-season, which I did not anticipate.

Some might say Urban and the Jags, but I have long been against Urb and the NFL.

Well we really lost the last time so its a wash.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

You'd be hard pressed to convince me the Jets didn't win this coaching search off-season, which I did not anticipate.

Some might say Urban and the Jags, but I have long been against Urb and the NFL.

I agree.  Urban was a wild card, pretty sure the only job he was interested in was Jax.  Beyond that, Saleh seemed to be the hottest candidate.  He was our first choice, and it sure seemed like we were his.  No way of knowing how he will work out as HC, but it was nice to be the first domino to fall for a change.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Ruby2 said:

Honestly at this point, he may just stay. Houston is a disaster, Philly isnt much better.

Yeah I get it but it is a BIG gamble. He is making 1.2 million this year. Maybe the Bills reward him with a new contract and he makes 2 million next year. 

But what does a head coach make on the low side, 5 million per year? And that is all guaranteed. I think Gase had a 4 year \ 20 million dollar deal. Half of which he sits at home and collects.  Hard to pass that up which is why I think so many coaches take less than desirable jobs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Yeah I get it but it is a BIG gamble. He is making 1.2 million this year. Maybe the Bills reward him with a new contract and he makes 2 million next year. 

But what does a head coach make on the low side, 5 million per year? And that is all guaranteed. I think Gase had a 4 year \ 20 million dollar deal. Half of which he sits at home and collects.  Hard to pass that up which is why I think so many coaches take less than desirable jobs.

Good points, hope your right!

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Could you imagine if the Jets were introducing Dan Campbell this week?

It's really telling that we got most people's first pick for HC even though media members and fans treated the Jet position like the red-headed step child. That combined with a high profile GM prospect coming over to us in Douglas makes me feel like the "JETE LOL" narrative by people is just a narrative.

• Upvote 3