Adam Schefter: 1 Team In Best Position For Deshaun Watson Trade

NYJets8

2 hours ago, NYJets8 said:

Daniel Jeremiah

@MoveTheSticks
If Watson became available via trade, the Jets should call. You could trade 2nd pick this year (they still have 23rd pick), 1st in 2022 (They have 2) & 1st in 2023. That’s 3 first round picks. They could pickup extra pick/picks if they traded Sam. (My gift to sports radio)

Yeah...no.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

55 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Fish, though, would be the favorite to land Watson ONLY if the Texans have interest in Tua. If they don't want Tua, then the Fish and their stockpile of picks would match pretty equally to the Jets stockpile of picks. 

The Jets pick ahead of the Dolphins and will take the very quarterback that the Texans want unless the Texans give us a quarterback themselves.   

The Dolphins are a non-factor. The Jets hold all the cards.  Houston will give us Watson at below-market value because the alternative is bleak.  Instead of moving from Watson to Fields, they’ll be forced to move from Watson to Darnold.  And no decent head coaching candidate will want to sign up for that, their search hinges on this. This may happen very quickly.   

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm assuming you mean '21, '22, and '23.  That would be tough to swallow but I can't argue that it's not worth it, especially since we have two 1sts from Seattle.  The trade would essentially look like Jamal Adams + 1st round pick for Deshaun Watson.  Not too many people would balk at that.  

Yes, that.

3 first rounders, being one of them a 2nd overall would be a pretty good offer for Watson imo. If the situation is as dire as everyone seems to be making it, I don't think the Texans could get a better offer than this. 

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Jags are not going to be in this so you guys can forget about it. There is no way in hell The Texans will Trade Watson within the division. When it comes to the Jets and Dolphins the Jets have more draft capital and they have the more desirable pick at #2 so nothing you guys are saying here makes any sense at all. Keep in mind Watson has already said he wanted to play for Bienimy or Saleh he recommended both of them to the Texans and they refused. Last time I looked Saleh does not coach the Dolphins. 

In respect to our leverage in Landing Watson all Joe Douglas has to do is let this play out and deteriorate further to the point the Texans have to move Watson. It can reach that stage and TBH I would let that play out because as of this moment the price may be too steep, until this begins to unravel, if it does at all. 

If the Texans trade with the Jets the Texans have the option to pick their QB not named Lawrence so that gives them the option of Landing Fields or Wilson with  the Jets pick. If they take Miami's pick they get who falls to them and that is certainly not more valuable than what the Jets have to offer. They can also trade out of the Jets pick and obtain more picks if they like a guy like Mac Jones which would not be a terrible decision for a team that will basically be starting over and if this is the case they would probably be even better off trading Watt as well to grab more picks. 

The Jets have more leverage here than you think and if things get really bad to the point Watson tells Houston to **** off and wont play for them it gets even better. At that point it would become a reality that the Jets could get him for less than you would think.

If I were in Douglas' position and things were getting out of control My first offer would be The #2 and Darnold if that's not enough  I would add a second rounder as well and let that float around a bit. If that fails my final offer would be This years #2 plus Pick # 23 (or next years #1) and Sam Darnold that would be my final offer and I would take that to the draft. If Watson gives the Texans the ultimatum they would be crazy to turn that down.

86CD12AC-885B-4B5B-B1B0-0EB4F14CB05F.gif
First off, I stated it won’t happen and it won’t happen for a variety of reasons. And, I proposed the same exact trade as you did for Watson a few times already on different threads. So don’t get your panties all in a bunch. 

34 minutes ago, doitny said:

Watsons contract is big. we will has alot less money for FA.

and there is no way we keep any of our 1st rd picks the next 2 years. hell maybe even 3 yrs Watson  is 25  and great. we will give up a kings ransom for him

you need to look at his numbers again.

70% comp 4823 yds 33 TD 7 INT on a 4 win team.

this trade if it happens will be bigger than the Hershel Walker trade. 

Not even close to the Hershel Walker trade . No way in hell the Jets ever give up 4 first round picks. As the situation escalates the leverage falls out of the Texans hands. Only they can judge internally what's going on if they feel this is going to get out of control (which it very well might since they are a dumpster fire) they should seriously consider trading him now when they hold the most leverage. If it gets to the point Watson won't play for them that would destroy their leverage and when it comes to draft capital no one has as much as the Jets currently do. I think Douglas will put a cap on what he's willing to give up but I also think he will have to put out feelers on just how bad this situation has or will become. Then you wait and Let the Texans Implode

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no need for the Jets to offer that much.  The Jets have all the leverage.  The Texans need to meet our asking price for Fields, not the other way around. 

SAR I

I agree with SAR I. If they deal Watson they need to replace him. Only way to save face with trading your marquee QB is to bring in what you feel is the next marquee QB. Lawrence, Fields and Wilson could conceivably be gone after the 4th pick. 

Besides......which FA QB worth a damn would want to touch that team right now. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

86CD12AC-885B-4B5B-B1B0-0EB4F14CB05F.gif
First off, I stated it won’t happen and it won’t happen for a variety of reasons. And, I proposed the same exact trade as you did for Watson a few times already on different threads. So don’t get your panties all in a bunch. 

Panties not in Wad :) 

I'm making the point that Jax is simply not in this conversation. At All ! Everything else is just my opinion on how the Jets should move forward.

1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

Hard to imagine the Texans trading Watson. You don't let a franchise QB walk away like this. 

Depends on how much damage is done. My guess is a Billionaire owner does not want the inmates telling him how to run his business. :)

These people think they are above everyone else and yes it would cause them to make a rash and stupid decision rather than back down and hire a guy like Bienemy to keep said QB happy

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Not even close to the Hershel Walker trade . No way in hell the Jets ever give up 4 first round picks. As the situation escalates the leverage falls out of the Texans hands. Only they can judge internally what's going on if they feel this is going to get out of control (which it very well might since they are a dumpster fire) they should seriously consider trading him now when they hold the most leverage. If it gets to the point Watson won't play for them that would destroy their leverage and when it comes to draft capital no one has as much as the Jets currently do. I think Douglas will put a cap on what he's willing to give up but I also think he will have to put out feelers on just how bad this situation has or will become. Then you wait and Let the Texans Implode

what just happened with the James Harden trade?

he wanted out. he wanted Bkny, and everyone knew it. started coming in out of shape, talking crap. and what did his trade look like? i bet you thought the Rockets had no leverage .

they got 3 #1st from the Nets. another #1 from Mil, and 4 1st rd swaps from the Nets. 

believe me i dont want to give up 4 #1s for him either, but i cant see Houston agreeing to anything less.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I agree with SAR I. If they deal Watson they need to replace him. Only way to save face with trading your marquee QB is to bring in what you feel is the next marquee QB. Lawrence, Fields and Wilson could conceivably be gone after the 4th pick. 

Besides......which FA QB worth a damn would want to touch that team right now. 

..... and they need a head coach. And without Watson or Fields/Wilson, no one decent will go there. 

Fields/Daboll or Darnold/Lewis.  That’s what’s at stake for the Texans. Their future depends on convincing the Jets to give them the second pick. Quickly.  

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Don't you expect Miami to have a go as well? 

Sure. But if the Jets don’t get Watson and he goes to a division rival, the Jets will be forced to take Fields and that leaves Houston in ruins. 

Houston needs the #2 pick this week or they’ll never get a franchise quarterback or a shot at Daboll.  

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Depends on how much damage is done. My guess is a Billionaire owner does not want the inmates telling him how to run his business. :)

These people think they are above everyone else and yes it would cause them to make a rash and stupid decision rather than back down and hire a guy like Bienemy to keep said QB happy

Watson's frustrations are a bit shallow; he's raging over a WR being traded, and the delay over hiring a coach. Presumably, he has little input in either decision. It's not all that uncommon, but nowadays you see primadonna athletes venting in public. In the past, they would have shut up. This doesn't make him look good. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

57 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This is hard to believe. I hope I’m wrong. The thought of having a franchise QB, who is only 25 years old is ridiculous to me.

If this is possible, we must get it done. Immediately. 

Fields is no slouch. @JiF convinced me. Fields is bigger, stronger and every bit, if not more, the athlete Watson is.  This is no time to panic and blow the capital we have  amassed by trading for a QB. JD is NOT surrendering 3 #1’s for Watson. In the time JD has been here, you guys should know better. JD is a thief and not a chump. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Fields is no slouch. @JiF convinced me. Fields is bigger, stronger and every bit, if not more, the athlete Watson is.  This is no time to panic and blow the capital we have  amassed by trading for a QB. JD is NOT surrendering 3 #1’s for Watson. In the time JD has been here, you guys should know better. JD is a thief and not a chump. 

Watson is an MVP calibre player, who is only 25. He will be one of the top 3 QBs for the next decade and the Jets have the ammunition to get him and still be in a relatively comfortable position when it comes to the Draft.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure. But if the Jets don’t get Watson and he goes to a division rival, the Jets will be forced to take Fields and that leaves Houston in ruins. 

Houston needs the #2 pick this week or they’ll never get a franchise quarterback or a shot at Daboll.  

SAR I

They could take Wilson, but we'll see.

I just don't think the Jets can afford to lose the opportunity of adding Watson, considering that we have the capital to do so. 

12 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Watson is an MVP calibre player, who is only 25. He will be one of the top 3 QBs for the next decade and the Jets have the ammunition to get him and still be in a relatively comfortable position when it comes to the Draft.

Noooooo

628BD98B-A466-4EFF-9003-A41B7A820AE3.gif

31 minutes ago, doitny said:

what just happened with the James Harden trade?

he wanted out. he wanted Bkny, and everyone knew it. started coming in out of shape, talking crap. and what did his trade look like? i bet you thought the Rockets had no leverage .

they got 3 #1st from the Nets. another #1 from Mil, and 4 1st rd swaps from the Nets. 

believe me i dont want to give up 4 #1s for him either, but i cant see Houston agreeing to anything less.

Then they can keep him & deal with the agita that comes with that.

13 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

They could take Wilson, but we'll see.

I just don't think the Jets can afford to lose the opportunity of adding Watson, considering that we have the capital to do it so. 

The jets NEED ALL the Capital they have to "Build" the Team... A Very Good QB "may" help a mediocre team win games... A Great Team "Will" help a mediocre QB win games.... Build the Team. 

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The jets NEED ALL the Capital they have to "Build" the Team... A Very Good QB "may" help a mediocre team win games... A Great Team "Will" help a mediocre QB win games.... Build the Team. 

He's not a very good QB, he is Elite.  Would you pass on a 25 year old Aaron Rogers? 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, jetsons said:

and Watson as great as he is only won 4 games with a team that isnt all that more talented than us. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Gramsci said:

He's not a very good QB, he is Elite.  Would you pass on a 25 year old Aaron Rogers? 

With a shell of a "Team"... YES... would you be happy going 4-12 or just above that regularly??? That's what you'll get with what your offering. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Gramsci said:

If it means getting their boy Sam one more chance to prove they were right on an Internet messageboard? Absolutely they would.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm assuming you mean '21, '22, and '23.  That would be tough to swallow but I can't argue that it's not worth it, especially since we have two 1sts from Seattle.  The trade would essentially look like Jamal Adams + 1st round pick for Deshaun Watson.  Not too many people would balk at that.  

I would. I mean, it's a fair price yeah, but I don't think my mind could take the irony of trading Jamal Adams for Deshaun Watson

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Ahh ok, you mean from Watson’s perspective - as in where would he accept  a trade to. 

I’d imagine he’d prefer Miami, but I could see him accepting a trade to the Jets. 

The leverage Watson has in picking his landing spot is overestimated. Yes, he can block a trade. But Texans can insist he stay if Watson refuses to agree to the best trade offer on the table. And if he was OK with that, we wouldn't be here.

Both sides have levers to pull.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

It’s become blatantly obvious Watson wants to play for a minority coach. Jets, Dolphins would fit that bill. So do a couple of other teams. I think the Texans will ultimately hire Bieniemy or another minority candidate to appease Watson and put out the fire. 

VOMIT to that