This should be it with the #2 pick: Watson, Sewell or trading down

Bronx

54 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Cute. Try following along.

You said Sam went through two HC's and 3 OC's like they actually did things that helped him develop. I pointed out that they did nothing to help him develop along with a bunch of other things that didn't  help him develop. That fact that Darnold has not shown he is very good also doesn't help but never mind this was just compounded by the CS and roster.

I have never seen a QB that was screwed over by a team the way the Jets screwed over Sam. 

I see this posted constantly in regards to Darnold. Sam had access to OC's/ QB coaches and off season programs just like any other NFL QB. 

The analogy I make is a kid going to either an Ivy League college or a Community college for an education. You could argue the kid going to the Ivy League has an advantage and should be more successful. But you'll hear of success stories from the CC kids and likewise dropouts from the Ivy's . Its because you get out of it what you put into it. 

Sam may not have had the best environment to learn , but he has to put in the hard work and make the most of his opportunity. Other Qb's do well on team's with bad HC's and rosters

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

And the carousel of excuses continues to turn. Jets WRs were 4th in the league in average yards of separation in the first quarter of the season before Darnold got hurt. His production in those games? 198 yds/game. I'm sure you'll say that Gase instructed Darnold to ignore open receivers, though.

Darnold is holding back his weaponz, not the other way around.

Instead of looking up that stat, why Don't  you look up dropped passes by receivers.  I am sure we probably led the league in that also. Darnold has no weponz. Who on this O starts on another team except Crowder and Becton? 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I see this posted constantly in regards to Darnold. Sam had access to OC's/ QB coaches and off season programs just like any other NFL QB. 

The analogy I make is a kid going to either an Ivy League college or a Community college for an education. You could argue the kid going to the Ivy League has an advantage and should be more successful. But you'll hear of success stories from the CC kids and likewise dropouts from the Ivy's . Its because you get out of it what you put into it. 

Sam may not have had the best environment to learn , but he has to put in the hard work and make the most of his opportunity. Other Qb's do well on team's with bad HC's and rosters

Here is a saying for you. Garbage in and garbage out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Instead of looking up that stat, why Don't  you look up dropped passes by receivers.  I am sure we probably led the league in that also. Darnold has no weponz. Who on this O starts on another team except Crowder and Becton? 

Good point. I root for Sam, but his boneheaded INTs drive me nuts!

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam has been destroyed by this team. He wasn't  a natural talent, that is for sure. I hate the Jets for what they did to him. 

I honestly think we did the same with Sanchez too, even though he was bad. (That preseason game with backup oline and his shoulder).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I already know that stat. Jets were #22 in the league (higher # = less drops). Texans, Chiefs and Packers all had more drops. #19, #5 (that surprised me) and #11, respectively. They really held their QBs back!

The problem wasn't what happened when the ball got the Jets' receivers' hands... it was that it wasn't getting there at all. What's the next excuse? MetLife wind patterns? Coriolis effect? Going to have to update Darnold Excuse Twister.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Have you ever watched a Steelers game? Diontae Johnson is the Michael Jordan of dropping passes.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Jets WRs were 4th in the league in average yards of separation in the first quarter of the season 

Ok, so I guess only you are allowed to talk about the first 4 games of the season. Got it. 

It's the only timeframe for which Cynthia Frelund posted the stats but they sure do a good job of highlighting that even with the injuries Jets WRs were far from a useless unit. I have been looking for the full-year stats, can't find them. If you have them, I'd definitely be interested to see them, regardless of whether they support my position or not. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I'm not willing to cripple the roster for one guy that has been less than stellar in the playoffs.

https://fansided.com/2020/01/04/deshaun-watson-playoff-performances-stats/

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Come on, bro. We haven’t had a QB in decades. Neither Fields or Wilson aren’t can’t miss prospects. 

Watson just threw for nearly 5,000 yards, 33 touchdowns, and only 7 interceptions. Trade for Watson, who is yet to even enter his prime, he’s only 25 years old. He’s a proven commodity. Fields and Wilson can go kick rocks. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It's the only timeframe for which Cynthia Frelund posted the stats. Been looking for the full-year stats, can't find them. If you have them, I'd definitely be interested to see them, regardless of whether they support my position or not. Thanks.

It's  ok, I don't  need to read stats to know our WR's sucked until we got Crowder  Mims, and Perriman back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

JUST TO GET A QB? 
OMG! You don’t give away shots in the dark to JUST GET A QB! 
Are you watching the playoffs? 
FINAL 4 

Brady-Rogers-Mahomes-Allen (having a breakout season!)

The Bucs haven’t been in the playoffs for years! Brady leads them to the NFCCG! 

The Bills hadn’t won a playoff game since Jim freaking Kelly! 25 years ago! 

JUST TO GET A QB? 

Is Watson in the playoffs ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Come on, bro. We haven’t had a QB in decades. Neither Fields or Wilson are can’t miss prospects. 

Watson just threw for nearly 5,000 yards, 33 touchdowns, and only 7 interceptions. Trade for Watson, who is yet to even enter his prime, he’s only 25 years old. He’s a proven commodity. Fields and Wilson can go kick rocks. 

You are not wrong.

At what point does the price become prohibitive?

Genuinely asking what people think.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Mims starts as a 2 or 3 on many teams. Herndon despite his misuse and bad drops would probably start on a handful of teams . Better question how many teams in the NFL would Sam start on ? 

We need a QB, go get one any way you can.  Whats the best case scenario for darnold, he becomes ryan tannehill maybe?  Any chance he becomes as good as allen was this year?  With the AFC loaded with great, and up and coming (Herbert, burrow) qbs, I don't think darnold is the answer.  

17 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

@Bronx

I agree with the original point, the first post in this thread.

Right now, the best moves with the #2 in rank order are: trading for Deshaun, trading down and taking Sewell.

None of the non TL quarterbacks are good enough for that pick. 

But if Ja’Marr Chase runs a 4.3... 

No way he runs a 4.3 , his best was posted as a 4.4 and that was sketchy

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude. You quoted a stat from the first 4 games of the season when Hogan and Barrios were the starters. You put the goal post where I am talking about

Yes, when those "terrible" WRs were playing -- whom you blame for Darnold's struggles -- they managed the 4th best average WR separation in the league. Then you blamed drops -- when I pointed out Jets were better than average in that category and the Packers, Texans and Chiefs were all much worse, you "dropped" that one, too. Finally, when the stats disproved all of your points, you said stats don't matter -- the Siegfried line of all unsupportable positions.

If you'd make an argument and stick with it, this would be more productive for both of us lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

I'm sure you feel more comfortable and certain going into the 21' season with Wilson, Fields or even Darnold over Watson. 

I feel more comfortable with the entire package we have of picks and cap space that we have now then spending it on a QB that just went 4-12 without weapons which would be the same if we mortgage the future to get him

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

I’m just giving myself some flexibility if some already elite, top 10 prospect had a monster workout. 

But right now Sewell hits positional value, draft capital value, need and scheme better than anyone else @ 2. 

I'm glad you have your draft board all locked up. I pray JD and staff realize we need a QB to build with and not some reclamation project that may see the light in year 4 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I'm glad you have your draft board all locked up. I pray JD and staff realize we need a QB to build with and not some reclamation project that may see the light in year 4 

^ Meh, this is pretty passive aggressive.

I’m good to trade for Deshaun. I would’ve taken Trevor.

I have serious reservations about Fields and the BYU Johnny Football.