Senior Bowl News and Stuff

kdels62

46 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Thanks for posting.  

I really like the way the 1 on 1s are put together in one video without need to search for dozens of clips.  You see way more in each of these 5 minute videos than in a full hour of NFLN coverage.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2021 at 8:34 AM, kdels62 said:

Jabril Cox could help this team with his athletic profile. Wasn’t great this year but he’s got the tools. Our LB core needs an infusion.

The Jets don't have a "LB Core"  - they really need all the help they can get there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This is the kind of guy I like to hear/read about at the Senior Bowl.. OL from Wisconisn-Whitewater.  Has apparently had a couple of really good days - including this rep against Patrick Jones.

yep, Meinerz is a name that just keeps popping up on my twitter feed. Love those stories. Remember the Bucs' OG from div-III, Ali Marpet. That was another fun one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

The day he accepted his invite, Jim Nagy, head of the Sr Bowl, immediately tweeted that he would not participate in any on-field drills or practices.

It seems like a lot of draft twitter missed this, because there was a ton of buzz generated by writers/evaluators about the excitement of seeing him on the field.  I saw the origiinaly note from Nagy and knew he was just going to meet teams.

I don't think this was on him or his team.  Seemed like some of the writers missed it and talked up how much fun it would be to see him this week.

Appreciate the clarification - that's on me for not diggin' deep enough.

Although, come to think of it, you can't weigh-in because you have a thumb injury?

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

Fans’ point of view. 

nothing wrong with that. Other people have done similar things in the past and irritated me as well. 

But you know this does irritate? GMs and their staff. They’re happy to have an added opportunity to interview and interact with a Heisman.

although many different players from many different programs are able to use the senior bowl to their benefit, the ones from smaller schools/outside of power 5 especially can’t afford to pass on a chance to compete, for obvious reasons 

Oh most definitely a fans perspective.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Although, come to think of it, you can't weigh-in because you have a thumb injury?

I was just commenting on the fact that he is not participating in on-field drills.  He could have weighed in, but I am assuming he wants to wait to Bama's pro day for measurements to be taken so he can get his weight up over the next couple of months.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

yep, Meinerz is a name that just keeps popping up on my twitter feed. Love those stories. Remember the Bucs' OG from div-III, Ali Marpet. That was another fun one. 

Yup.  How can you not root for a guy who looks like this

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Finally getting to see this,  Liked what i saw from Cade, and Surratt, good feet.  Cade is explosive you can just see it in his feet, Surratt i like his hands and toughness in routes, also some of the cleaner looking releases from a footwork perspective ive seen from the two 1v1 videos.  outside of Toney, I have been the most impressed with Felton.  His change of direction, footwork on breaks, and release moves are way more advanced than i would have expected.  He looked really good in the reps on here. 

Felton is explosive, have to think his stock greatly improved. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Is it just me or P Jones the one constant in all these “Oline” highlights. 

I like his teammate Jaylen Twyman better, though it’s less important of a need than edge. I’m also interested in how Quincy Roche tests out. 

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Is 23 too high to take Kadarius Toney?  I think he could be perfect for what the Jets need.  

Yes and no. Toney is nice. Toney might be worth the pick but this draft has a bunch of Toney clones. Like Amari Rodgers, Jaelon Darden, Marquez Stevenson, Cade Johnson, Ihmir Smith-Marsette.

Toney is the best of the bunch but those guys are interesting and might be better value.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I like the longshots Quinn Meinerz, David Moore, & Spencer Brown.

So I started looking up Spencer Brown a while ago when he was mentioned earlier in the year. His size is so impressive and he looks like he might be a guy, but he’s climbing up boards and is looking like he might creep into the end of round 2 and now it’s trickier to obsess over him.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, Paradis said:

Meinerz is a great story and has the attitude JD wants here but he simply isnt a fit in a zone scheme.  Hes a brawler with minimal athleticism.  Can absolutely wind up being a good player in the NFL, but I dont see the fit with our scheme

• Upvote 1