Saleh’s staff (so far).

Mogglez

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I sat down in my business partner’s office during lunch and mentioned how excited I was about the Jets new head coach and the assistance he was hiring. My partner laughed. He said you do this every year. You’re always excited about something with jets are you doing, someone they are hiring, or a new player they drafted. But, it never works out.

Sadly, he is 100% correct. God, it’s tough being a Jet fan.

52a4d93eeab8ea801919d04c

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would be okay with Cooter staying but would be surprised, I bet they will find someone more from the Shanahan tree.

Tight End coach, needs new blood. Can be from any tree. Someone who thinks it is important for the tight end to catch passes would be a welcome change.

AND also be able to block at the point of attack! Herndon sucks at that.... just wants to run around the field. Even Wesco missed a lot of blocks but that was his main job 5 snaps a game

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just how could the jets special teams be ranked 9th?  Awful FG kickers, no return game and a terrible punter..

I guess we must cover kicks well.

I keep hearing the praise for Boyer and keep seeing no results.

27th in net punting, 30th in gross punting.

This is actually a valid point.  The site I quoted has them as 9th.  Another site I just checked had them as 26th.  There must be a wide spread between how different websites calculate ST rankings.  Confusing...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ask me how many times I crushed my wife after watching Arian Foster win me endless FF matchups. 

I still hear the complaing of a buddy of mine when the year AFTER Foster had his big year he drafted him top 3 and Foster promptly tore his acl the 1st game of he year.

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Greg Knapp is a quality hire. He also thought Sam was the best QB prospect since Luck. Pretty clear this coaching staff is full of guys who believe in Sam... 

As far as the other hires, Benton is a quality one. Would be ecstatic if they can lure Paul Posluszny... he has what it takes to be a HC in the NFL if he's committed to coaching. 

If Raheem Morris takes the JAX job, I would expect Jeff Ulbrich to get the nod. They're also discussing having co-defensive coordinators.

Yes, a lot of pro-Sam Guys on this staff. I would be very surprised if jets draft qb at 2. I think JD will be trading down and building up the team. If Sam still can’t cut it, then he’s done here and jets have new Qb in 2022, either vet or draft pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Just how could the jets special teams be ranked 9th?  Awful FG kickers, no return game and a terrible punter..

Well when you punt 1 million times the average is bound to go down 

And Special teams is about punt and kick coverage and the return game

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Well when you punt 1 million times the average is bound to go down 

And Special teams is about punt and kick coverage and the return game

No when you punt a million times your average is your average.

He was garage stat wise and in the eyeball test as well.  He did tackle well, making about 4 td saving tackles which also reflects bad on kick coverage.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was garage stat wise and in the eyeball test as well.  He did tackle well, making about 4 td saving tackles which also reflects bad on kick coverage.

Agree, Mann was not good. He seemed to have a lot of return yards against and was not consistent. He was outplayed by 2 other rookie punters that were undrafted. Fox in Detroit and Townsend for the chiefs.

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

Agree, Mann was not good. He seemed to have a lot of return yards against and was not consistent. He was outplayed by 2 other rookie punters that were undrafted. Fox in Detroit and Townsend for the chiefs.

The guy was a legit pick and had a rocket leg in college.  I think once again as happens in the pros, over coaching.  'Oh don't out kick coverage!  We need big hang time! angle the kicks!'  suddenly the guy kicks everything 40 yards.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I was joking but either way its about coverage and return game. The kick game I believe is a different stat on its own. Boyer is a good ST coach

6 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Saleh is doing a great job hiring guys to compliment each other. Lafleur needed help in the run game and the Jets needed a better O line coach. Two Birds, One stone. And Lafleur and Benton have already worked together.  

Imagine the faith these guys have in Saleh to come to the NYJ.   This franchise is where OC's careers come to die and Saleh seems to putting together a credible offensive staff.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Imagine the faith these guys have in Saleh to come to the NYJ.   This franchise is where OC's careers come to die and Saleh seems to putting together a credible offensive staff.   

A month age we were a laughing stock, even after we won a game. Amazing how the perception has changed. Now we just have to win

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Greg Knapp is a quality hire. He also thought Sam was the best QB prospect since Luck. Pretty clear this coaching staff is full of guys who believe in Sam... 

As far as the other hires, Benton is a quality one. Would be ecstatic if they can lure Paul Posluszny... he has what it takes to be a HC in the NFL if he's committed to coaching. 

If Raheem Morris takes the JAX job, I would expect Jeff Ulbrich to get the nod. They're also discussing having co-defensive coordinators.

Where did Knapp say he felt Darnold was the best prospect since Luck?

Maybe they started ranking on the number of times you had to punt per game. Why are we not then #1?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app