• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some great friggin’ names in there.

I don’t know these names. So I assume they’re the best. 

As long as Deshaun Watson approves. 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Ty Johnson with his one cut speed and explosiveness gonna be a good fit in this offense.  Stretch run plays behind Becton, with a player like Mims blocking CBs.  A staple to begin with.

Just the type of no name back the SF / shanahan scheme that flourishes.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

How do contracts work with coordinators and position coaches? It seems that you could just snipe coaches from other teams. 

They tend to be on shorter contracts, such as 2 years, so there is always a fair bit of movement as guys contracts expire.

Some teams will let coaches under contract leave for a better opportunity,  where they aren't in a position to offer them a similar role.

For co-ordinator jobs, you can poach guys under contract if you offer them a promotion.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

How do contracts work with coordinators and position coaches? It seems that you could just snipe coaches from other teams. 

The current team has to allow them to leave unless its for a promotion ie asst coach to coordinator or coordinator to HC

Example...Matt Lafluer wanted to hire his brother Mike but Shanahan blocked it because it was a lateral move. Shanahan said if he was going to be OC/playcaller he would have allowed him to leave

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That work ?

In the league, for sure.  But, to be fair, maybe one day he'll fill the void left by everyone's favorite septuagenarian quarterback, selling medicare supplement plans to other septuagenarians on daytime cable television.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

What's holding up on some names to hear for DC and that staff.  I figured him being on the Defensive side he would have had that worked out before Offense... Just my guess.

Probably still in the playoffs

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

In the league, for sure.  But, to be fair, maybe one day he'll fill the void left by everyone's favorite septuagenarian quarterback, selling medicare supplement plans to other septuagenarians on daytime cable television.

That's a mouthful and I learned a new word :)

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just the type of no name back the SF / shanahan scheme that flourishes.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if the Jets sign RB Jeff Wilson from SF as a free agent and put him in a committeee with Ty Johnson and Perine.

For 2021, I think it will be less about having uber talent at RB and more about installing the system and getting the OLine, TE and probably FB pieces that make it work.  In 2022, the Jets could look to find that higher quality RB.

1291929265_ScreenShot2021-01-18at10_35_48AM.png.509a09770ed6c81e0cb21bf577a4a899.png

• Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Well Ed Asner and Tom Selleck will need replacing soon

• Upvote 1

Wow, these guys coming in will be excited as hell to get to work with Deshaun Watson. Imagine having someone who didn't need fixing & you could go straight to designing the playbook with? 

Sam, stop shuffling your feet & running out of the pocket. Your feet need to be pointed towards your target. 

Justin, you need to get that ball out quicker, you can't wind up in this league! 

Deshaun, we'll play action here, move to the right & hit Denzel coming on a crosser where Jamison pulled 2 defenders with him. Just hit him, he should be open. 

Deshaun: Got it. 

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wouldn't be shocked at all if the Jets sign RB Jeff Wilson from SF as a free agent and put him in a committeee with Ty Johnson and Perine.

For 2021, I think it will be less about having uber talent at RB and more about installing the system and getting the OLine, TE and probably FB pieces that make it work.  In 2022, the Jets could look to find that higher quality RB.

1291929265_ScreenShot2021-01-18at10_35_48AM.png.509a09770ed6c81e0cb21bf577a4a899.png

They have a pretty good Polish FB with some blocking experience in this offense to Thats a free agent Kyle Jusczck? Spelling? 

I love seeing FB taking out guys on those stretch plays & the occasional rumbling bumbling stumbling down the sideline wide open when they are thrown to once a game out of the blue. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

49ers make it official, promoting Mike McDaniel to offensive coordinator and DeMeco Ryans to defensive coordinator

Really was hoping Ryan’s came on board. So SF had the choice of promoting Lefleur or McDaniels to block Saleh from one of them. I wonder what the selection was based on? They should have allowed Ryan’s to leave. Two 3rd round picks.... correct?

9 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Discuss

Was one of my favorite college players.  Was a hold on over from the Von Appen era, but excelled under Jones/McMackin.  Played with a lot of great talent duing his time at UH.  Always kept an eye on his coaching career and he has done everywhere he has been.  He is a really intense guy, similar to Saleh.  Side note: he is really into MMA and trains in MMA.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Really was hoping Ryan’s came on board. So SF had the choice of promoting Lefleur or McDaniels to block Saleh from one of them. I wonder what the selection was based on? They should have allowed Ryan’s to leave. Two 3rd round picks.... correct?

I am not sure what the compensation structure is for coordinator.

39 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

UNT baby!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Just remember, if it weren't for Adam Gase this staff would have never happened. Credit to him for making this happen.

If he woulda just been an average HC he'd still be here.  Thank you Adam for ridding this team of Macc and moving this franchise forward.

• Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I sat down in my business partner’s office during lunch and mentioned how excited I was about the Jets new head coach and the assistance he was hiring. My partner laughed. He said you do this every year. You’re always excited about something with jets are you doing, someone they are hiring, or a new player they drafted. But, it never works out.

Sadly, he is 100% correct. God, it’s tough being a Jet fan.

Once again, the Jets are winning the off-season.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I like the look of the assistants quite a bit so far but then again I liked the Gase assistants at the time as well.  (Though I hated the Gase hire itself)

You liked Dowell Loggains as OC??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
36 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Good to add a young coach in this role to groom for future promotion if LaFleur leave in a few years!

Exactly.  Albert Breer said as much in article that KRL already posted.  "Part of that plan, by the way, laid out a roadmap for offensive stability past expected OC Mike LaFleur, should LaFleur get plucked away."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/18/mmqb-divisional-round-chad-henne-chiefs-bills-packers-buccaneers