Saleh’s staff (so far).

Mogglez

2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

What's holding up on some names to hear for DC and that staff.  I figured him being on the Defensive side he would have had that worked out before Offense... Just my guess.

He’s probably being very picky with his DC pick. Maybe someone who’s still locked up in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Get ready for a nasty outside zone running game.....we already have a nice road grader in Becton but OL will def be a priority moving forward 

Not only that, but maybe this will have some weight in getting some FAs here if we target any of the top guards or other inside o-line.

• Sympathy 1

Knapp is an excellent veteran QB coach....also has been a playcaller/OC for many teams...so he can help Lafleur in that regard....He’ll be a tremendous help for whoever QB1 is next year, but Sam especially if we do decide to go that route...home run hire 

OL coach is a great get as well.....didn’t know he was in Houston on Kubiak’s staff when Arian Foster rose to stardom outta nowhere...but he also did a great job in SF coaching that nasty OL.....Becton should be a pro bowler next year if he can stay healthy....if we can get some horses on the interior of the line that would be great

So far so good liking what I’m seeing 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

What's holding up on some names to hear for DC and that staff.  I figured him being on the Defensive side he would have had that worked out before Offense... Just my guess.

I think he was set on demeco Ryans coming with him but the 49ers promoted him blocking the move.  Now he has to find a DC... IMO Kris Richards would be great... and I can be sold on Aaron Glenn. Morris or Ulbrich is top notch too

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

So, we are actually going to have a QB coach.  In addition to an offensive coordinator.  And a Passing Game cooordinator who is not doing double duty as a DB coach as Dennard Wilson was.

Nice.

Knapp sounds Amazin. Perhaps we  should bring Hackenburg back to work with him.

6 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Knapp is an excellent veteran QB coach....also has been a playcaller/OC for many teams...so he can help Lafleur in that regard....He’ll be a tremendous help for whoever QB1 is next year, but Sam especially if we do decide to go that route...home run hire 

OL coach is a great get as well.....didn’t know he was in Houston on Kubiak’s staff when Arian Foster rose to stardom outta nowhere...but he also did a great job in SF coaching that nasty OL.....Becton should be a pro bowler next year if he can stay healthy....if we can get some horses on the interior of the line that would be great

So far so good liking what I’m seeing 

We need a RB. Sermon OSU. And hopefully Saleh steals Wilson from 49ers to come here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Yea Ty Johnson and Perine should be a part of the committee next year but would like to add someone who can help with short yardage situations 

I'm not sure Perine is going to be a good fit for this offense. The outside zone SF used featured fast backs. Certainly Ty Johnson and Adams fit that mold, but Perine, not so much. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

watch for this guy as DC. Saleh was LB coach under him in Jacksonville where he was DC. LB coach now so this would be promotion.

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches-roster/bob-babich

I imagine if he comes we 'maybe' get his son also

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches-roster/bobby-babich

Buffalo's "D" has been exceptional the last several years... nice find. ?

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Only main O coaches left are a RB, WR and TE coach. It wouldn't be terrible if Saleh hired Heinz Ward and kept Cooter as RB coach. TE coach is a big hire because the Jets need to figure out if Herndon's potential can be unlocked.

I would be okay with Cooter staying but would be surprised, I bet they will find someone more from the Shanahan tree.

Tight End coach, needs new blood. Can be from any tree. Someone who thinks it is important for the tight end to catch passes would be a welcome change.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

He could do worse than retaining Boyer as ST coach.  Jets ranked 9th overall in 2020 with arguably one of the worst FG kickers in the league...

I would like this, would give a little continuity as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

So, we are actually going to have a QB coach.  In addition to an offensive coordinator.  And a Passing Game cooordinator who is not doing double duty as a DB coach as Dennard Wilson was.

Nice.

Wilson was passing game coordinator for the defense not offense 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I sat down in my business partner’s office during lunch and mentioned how excited I was about the Jets new head coach and the assistance he was hiring. My partner laughed. He said you do this every year. You’re always excited about something with jets are you doing, someone they are hiring, or a new player they drafted. But, it never works out.

Sadly, he is 100% correct. God, it’s tough being a Jet fan.

THIS TIME IT IS DIFFERENT.  THE JETS HAVE CHANGED.  THEY REALLY LOVE US.  OTHER PEOPLE JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOVE WE HAVE!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I think he was set on demeco Ryans coming with him but the 49ers promoted him blocking the move.  Now he has to find a DC... IMO Kris Richards would be great... and I can be sold on Aaron Glenn. Morris or Ulbrich is top notch too

With Campbell going to Detroit I think it is likely Glenn is offered the DC job in NO; which would block the Jets from hiring him.

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I don't know the actual reason but if I was a DC promoted to HC I would race to get the best offensive coaches lined up knowing I'd need to rely upon their expertise a lot more than the defensive staff. He probably also knows as a recent DC he has a lot more pull to get somebody from a team still in the playoffs from the defensive side than the offensive side. 

Just now, PS17 said:

I'll see your Posluszny and raise you a Jonnu Smith, whose head actually looks miniature on top of his neck:

image.png.ae616a2ba37901825006a5fbbded9f6c.png

If the Jets hire Posluszny and sign Smith, they are going to have to reinforce the toilets at the facility with the turds those 2 will be dropping.

• Sympathy 1