New York Jets coaching staff updates

21 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Yea let's hire people because of nostalgia, thats what good organizations do. 

Why would anyone assume the worst, that he wasnt deserving of an interview and come to the conclusion that he was only brought in for nostalgia.  What do we know about the job assistant coaches do elsewhere?

And yes, good organizations help past contributors to the organization, who are DESERVING.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why would anyone assume the worst, that he wasnt deserving of an interview and come to the conclusion that he was only brought in for nostalgia.  What do we know about the job assistant coaches do elsewhere?

And yes, good organizations help past contributors to the organization, who are DESERVING.

Not a single other organization interviewed Glenn for a HC position. We did him a solid because of his history with the team. He seems like a smart guy who is on his way, but the clamoring for him to get the DC job is pure emotion. 

• Thumb Down 1

The Embree hire as RB coach is the only one that I don't fully understand.

He doesn't seem to have a history playing or coaching the position at all.

But he does have a history with Saleh and Lafleur, so they must know him and his abilities well.

Hopefully they landed another ascending young coach, and I'll put my faith in their knowledge of his abilities on this one.

7 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Not a single other organization interviewed Glenn for a HC position. We did him a solid because of his history with the team. He seems like a smart guy who is on his way, but the clamoring for him to get the DC job is pure emotion. 

Who cares that no other organization interviewed Glenn?  And most were of the idea that he didnt interview for the HC job.  But getting him in the mix, learning how to interview is part of the game and it usually starts with a team someone played for.  

Glenn was as a personnel scout for the Jets, on the coaching staff with the Browns and now as the secondary coach with the Saints.  Pete Carrol was a secondary coach who became the DC here,  leading to a successful HC career.

On May 18, 2014, he was named the assistant defensive backs coach for the Cleveland Browns. On January 13, 2016, he was named a secondary coach for the New Orleans Saints.

Lots of DCs come from similar backgrounds, why youre whining about a guy given an interview and getting emotional over is the question.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who cares that no other organization interviewed Glenn?  And most were of the idea that he didnt interview for the HC job.  But getting him in the mix, learning how to interview is part of the game and it usually starts with a team someone played for.  

Glenn was as a personnel scout for the Jets, on the coaching staff with the Browns and now as the secondary coach with the Saints.  Pete Carrol was a secondary coach who became the DC here,  leading to a successful HC career.

On May 18, 2014, he was named the assistant defensive backs coach for the Cleveland Browns. On January 13, 2016, he was named a secondary coach for the New Orleans Saints.

Lots of DCs come from similar backgrounds, why youre whining about a guy given an interview and getting emotional over is the question.

The only one getting emotional is you, lol. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

I was kinda hoping that Aaron Glenn's interview for the head coaching job may've been a prelude to hiring him as DC, but I also want Saleh to put his staff together without Joe Douglas pushing anyone on him (but I'm in favor of each man having input into the other's domain, as a good partnership should work). Now I'm thinking that the Glenn interview may've just been a profile-raising favor for a former Jets' star, which is also okay with me. 

Just a theory - maybe Glenn becomes Campbell's DC in Detroit, given the Saints connection.

• Upvote 1