Draft Network: How Sam Darnold and the Jets Won a Super Bowl

He has SF trading 2021 1st, 2022 1st and 2nd, and 2023 1st and 2nd to move up from #12 to #2.  For Wilson.

I would take that deal in a heartbeat but I don't think Lynch would go anywhere near it.

And then he has the Jets taking DeVonta Smith AND Chris Olave.

Nice production effort but come on...

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, peebag said:

We haven't traded down in the first round since the Tuna was here - dont count on it happening this year either

Yeah, cause everybody from the tuna years are still here. 😉

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

We haven't traded down in the first round since the Tuna was here - dont count on it happening this year either

Kind of silly to look at all the years before Douglas as an indication of whether we might trade down this year. So far he hasn't traded down in his 1 year. 

I think he could have the opportunity to slide down to 3 or 5 here and still get a QB if that's what he wants.

9 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Plus you get to see Sam raising the Lombardi which almost made me cry.

Not even going to bother taking a screencap.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Pretty sure the world would spontaneously end like 2 seconds before the Super Bowl if the Jets had the lead and were about to go into victory formation. If it wasn't for bad luck, if it wasn't for real bad luck, we'd have no luck at all..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Only 5 min.  Don’t love his draft picks for us, don’t love sticking with Sam either, but interesting take on what a trade down from 2 could net. Plus you get to see Sam raising the Lombardi which almost made me cry.

But seriously, I like the picks and the general idea. 

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I was expecting to be punked with a lemonparty pic & only clicked for moderation purposes, I swear

And the steak of being let down by the Jets continues

I've done these mocks in the simulators and the hauls are ridiculous.  And this is even better.  In those thingies you're getting 2 1st RD picks. Not 3...so this is even more enticing but Darnold sucks and the allure of Watson is so sexy.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1)  We might very well be able to trade down but we are not getting an epic haul because no player there is a must have.

2) People need to get off the narrative that it is draft a QB or trade for one this year or be stuck with Darnold forever and ever amen

The Jets have one more year before they have to truly commit to darnold, they can keep him or let him walk or trade him this year.

They can still trade down or not trade for watson and still move on from Darnold after this year.  They can look for a vet QB to get them by for a year or two and as ALWAYS look at the QB prospects the next year or year after.

Pretty well every single year guys we have head little about now end up being hot Qb prospects the following year.

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

1)  We might very well be able to trade down but we are not getting an epic haul because no player there is a must have.

2) People need to get off the narrative that it is draft a QB or trade for one this year or be stuck with Darnold forever and ever amen

The Jets have one more year before they have to truly commit to darnold, they can keep him or let him walk or trade him this year.

They can still trade down or not trade for watson and still move on from Darnold after this year.  They can look for a vet QB to get them by for a year or two and as ALWAYS look at the QB prospects the next year or year after.

Pretty well every single year guys we have head little about now end up being hot Qb prospects the following year.

You simply cannot dismiss or deny the possibility of a team loving Fields or Wilson to the extent that they do something previously thought of as insane. The draft process involves humans who will be meeting with these kids and evaluating them. Bias will be formed and careers can be made and lost, including by the Jets themselves. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

You simply cannot dismiss or deny the possibility of a team loving Fields or Wilson to the extent that they do something previously thought of as insane. The draft process involves humans who will be meeting with these kids and evaluating them. Bias will be formed and careers can be made and lost, including by the Jets themselves. 

I do not dismiss the fact teams will love them, as I said we will have trade down partners but both fields and wilson have some issues, they are not super clean prospects. 

If you are a GM are you giving up 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders to move to 2 to take wilson?  or fields?

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do not dismiss the fact teams will love them, as I said we will have trade down partners but both fields and wilson have some issues, they are not super clean prospects. 

If you are a GM are you giving up 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders to move to 2 to take wilson?  or fields?

I think you make a great point here, it's the exact reason I don't want to draft either of those QB's @ 2. And while a GM of another team might disagree, we can't count on that. 

We'll see how the receivers test out athletically, specifically Chase and DeVonta, but I think Sewell checks just about every box: positional value, team need, scheme fit, intangibles, team identity, plays offense, etc @ pick 2.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do not dismiss the fact teams will lover them, as I said we will have trade down partners but both fields and wilson have some issues, they are not super clean prospects. 

Personally I don't believe they are worth that, even for the Jets moving that far back. That being said, I can absolutely see it happening given the reasons I stated previously. 

• Upvote 1

No matter who is under center. After waiting as long as we have for a Super Bowl..... If they ever did make it- and wear those piece of sh*t black jerseys??? I’d puke!

• Haha 1