Has to be a target with Darnold probably back for a prove it year. There seems to be an across the board agreement that he is out in Pitt.

i know he is a clown, but he seems to be a good kid unlike say Jamal.

i think he is my second choice behind Alan Robinson, who will likely get the tag.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 12
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why go with a more expensive version of Crowder.  Robinson, Godwin and Golladay should be the targets.

Has to be a target with Darnold probably back for a prove it year. There seems to be an across the board agreement that he is out in Pitt.   i know he is a clown, but he seems to be a good k

He’s a distant fourth for me behind Godwin, Robinson, and Golladay.

I think he is still telling his mom he doesn’t want to go to school tomorrow after getting lit up for dancing on logos.

we need to bring In a wr, if the price is right, I’d take him.

• Upvote 1
Just now, k-met57 said:

godwin hasnt looked great. seen too many drops recently.

He broke his hand earlier this yr and has had other nagging injuries, he’s very good. I wanted the jets to draft him out of penn state. 

• Confused 1
13 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Has to be a target with Darnold probably back for a prove it year. There seems to be an across the board agreement that he is out in Pitt.

i think he is my second choice behind Alan Robinson, who will likely get the tag.

Franchise tags are going to be very hard to come by this year.  

CHI, for example, is $7.5M over the projected cap (worst case $176M).  At that cap, the tag for WR will cost$15.3M.  So they would have to clear a minimum of $23M off their cap to tag Robinson.  But the bigger problem for them is they don't have a QB on that roster other than Foles.  So they are either going to have to draft one or sign one.  If they are keeping Trubisky, it's going to be expensive. And if they don't want to give him a long-term deal, they might need to tag Trubisky, which means nothing left to use on ARob.

If they draft a QB in rounds 1, then what do they do at OT where they also have big needs.  More FA signings.

Bottom line, it's barely possible they could afford to tag Robinson, but it would involve so much sacrifice elsewhere it may not be worth it to them.

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Franchise tags are going to be very hard to come by this year.  

CHI, for example, is $7.5M over the projected cap (worst case $176M).  At that cap, the tag for WR will cost$15.3M.  So they would have to clear a minimum of $23M off their cap to tag Robinson.  But the bigger problem for them is they don't have a QB on that roster other than Foles.  So they are either going to have to draft one or sign one.  If they are keeping Trubisky, it's going to be expensive. And if they don't want to give him a long-term deal, they might need to tag Trubisky, which means nothing left to use on ARob.

If they draft a QB in rounds 1, then what do they do at OT where they also have big needs.  More FA signings.

Bottom line, it's barely possible they could afford to tag Robinson, but it would involve so much sacrifice elsewhere it may not be worth it to them.

i hope you are right. although i would make the argument that removing him from that team with those options at QB would be very difficult.

16 minutes ago, PS17 said:

He’s a distant fourth for me behind Godwin, Robinson, and Golladay.

What is with godwin, he looks utterly terrible about the last 3 games as in justin mcmcariens bad.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What is with godwin, he looks utterly terrible about the last 3 games as in justin mcmcariens bad.

As soon as the expert announcers started recently saying “he has the best hands ever, best hands of anyone Brady has ever played with,” he’s dropped about 60% of balls that hit him in the hands. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Isn’t JuJu a slot receiver? I’d rather focus on an outside receiver like Corey Davis or Allen Robinson. I can’t see us going after a slot WR unless we cut Crowder 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Ju-Ju Smith Schuster YES we haven't a WR like him since Keyshawn Johnson. 

If we keep Sam Darnold they played together at USC. 

Or since Crowder

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

This is unfair to Jamal, he may be a grade A douchebag and totally unlikable but I dont think hes a bad guy

1 hour ago, MindOverMatter said:

Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall....

Hell even Crowder is better than JuJu. JuJu's best season came when he was taking advantage of Brown drawing double teams. Who's going to draw double teams on the Jets for JuJu to be effective? 

Stay away from him, ARob, Golloday, Godwin. So much talent out there, why go for the dancing clown. Especially since theres no guarantee Sam will be QB here next year.

I don't think he actually watches the Jets. Makes comments like that.. and wanting Schottenheimer back as our OC. Can't be actually watching the games with takes like that.

• Like 1