Watson may have just indicated legit interest in the Jets

4 minutes ago, MadMikeyG said:

You guys are absolutely nuts if you wouldn’t give up 3 firsts for Watson. We still would have a first this year and next and plenty of cap space to improve this team. The guy is a top quarterback who is in his prime. Wow any of you who said for a second and some other crap have to be on some heavy drugs or just stupid. It would be like they flipped picks with Seattle for two years and gave up a 1st for a true franchise QB. Douglas should be fired if he didn’t make that deal. 

I would give up 3 firsts in a heartbeat, but I would try like hell to hold onto that 2nd pick. In the end if it comes down to being a potential dealbreaker I would have to give in. Watson is that good.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, FlightBoyz said:

He better not. Thing is Watson has to say he wants to play for Jets/Dolphins/Panthers. He has the power to dictate where he wants to go.

Not really true. He has control of the emergency brake, not the steering wheel.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

He hit like simply to drive up any pricing.....   we are as dysfunctional as Houston, more actually.  Browns, Bucs, Bills, Redskins, Dolphins and yes, I could go on etc.. teams that 5 years ago we laughed at have passed us no problem.  Up and don their rosters are better. Why??  The Johnsons.

His agent will make sure he signs a BIG contract because chances are , he'll die on the vine here too. 

Well, the Johnsons hired one of the coaches that Deshaun wanted the Texans to interview, but refused to do so (because Easterby probably) so I think that automatically puts us over them in Watson's book, in terms of functionality.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

It's so psychotic nuts to think we're going to spend the asking price for Watson. Just because a NY periodical is promoting such a move, does NOT mean it's sane or logical ? That said, I'd love to have Watson if his asking price were a 2nd, preferably 3rd round draft choice. Anything more than that and I'm perfectly happy to go to into camp with Sammy and another young buck QB JD drafted fighting it out in a QB competition.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

sick girl GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, the Johnsons hired one of the coaches that Deshaun wanted the Texans to interview, but refused to do so (because Easterby probably) so I think that automatically puts us over them in Watson's book, in terms of functionality.

Fine but that does not make a pile of shlt filet mignon.  We need a complete and balanced team and if we trade a ton of picks, were gonna be behind the Bills and Fins for years.  

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Fine but that does not make a pile of shlt filet mignon.  We need a complete and balanced team and if we trade a ton of picks, were gonna be behind the Bills and Fins for years.  

What is a ton of picks to you?

One "proposal" going around is 3 1sts (2021, 2022, 2023). That would still leave us with 2 1st round picks in the next 3 years. Add to that whatever we can recoup from trading Darnold. Far from mortgaging the future.

• Upvote 2