Watson may have just indicated legit interest in the Jets

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

your noodle coward is not in the same stratosphere as Watson

Plenty of people predicted a statistical crash for Watson this year with all the goings-on in Houston. He said, “Excuses? We don’t need no stinkin’ excuses.” 

A very simple rule of thumb: if it is not obvious that your QB is elite, he ain’t.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Ok so the number 2 next years number 1 and 2 and Sam Darnold

I’d be willing to sweeten the deal and give them a 2023 1st rounder as well. Ive been a loyal Jets fan for 43 years. I’ve seen a lot of losing along the way. I’m tired of my team being irrelevant and being a punchline of jokes. It’s time for a change. We’re off to a good start which I believe our new head coach Saleh will be a culture changer. Let’s go get our franchise QB. Make it happen JD!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, dcJet said:

It's not that big a price.  Watson vs 3 first rounders.  

Even if we hit on all three picks, which is unlikely, it's just a two player difference on our team.  

And we make that up by signing a big name free agent that only comes here because we have Watson.

Yes and one of those picks would have to be a QB either this year or next.

Watson had a field trip to NYC once in the 6th grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

y'all are smoking something

gonna come down to dollars and cents aka draft capital aka trade value aka Joey D is going to do it if it makes sense.

there are going to be 10+ other teams vying for his services

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wow. Just wow. 

Spectacularly, impossibly incompetent. I still can’t believe this is a real thing.

What a disaster for Houston sports fans. First James Harden now Deshaun Watson. If the Texans does  indeed pulls the trigger, the Houston sports landscape will be left in ruins.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

Watson had a field trip to NYC once in the 6th grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

y'all are smoking something

gonna come down to dollars and cents aka draft capital aka trade value aka Joey D is going to do it if it makes sense.

there are going to be 10+ other teams vying for his services

Exactly ?.  But hey it’s good for a chuckle 

49 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What is a ton of picks to you?

One "proposal" going around is 3 1sts (2021, 2022, 2023). That would still leave us with 2 1st round picks in the next 3 years. Add to that whatever we can recoup from trading Darnold. Far from mortgaging the future.

And the extra/missing year’s 1st rounder. Just imagine the Jets might be using it to draft a QB anyway. They might be using 2, to move up and draft an unknown next year as it is.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You posted about 2,349 times in 30 minutes when the Saleh news broke.  You shan't be telling folks about tempering their excitement.

The most basic internet rule is the first person in a debate to tell the other to relax is getting upset.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And the extra/missing year’s 1st rounder. Just imagine the Jets might be using it to draft a QB anyway. They might be using 2, to move up and draft an unknown next year as it is.

The “best” strategy I’ve heard on here is dont trade for Watson, draft Sewell this year, roll with Sam in 2021, if he fails to play better, trade back up into the top of the draft next year to take a QB. 

Now personally I think this “plan” is just a guise to keep Sam for another year and when he fails again it’ll be some new excuse (Dumb Jets hired a defensive-minded HC, an early favorite).

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  It doesnt matter how good a QB is if your team is full of holes you aren’t winning.  Look at Mahomes.  Yes as great as he his team is absolutely loaded with talent and he had Andy Reid.  The Bills are loaded with Talent which protects Josh Allen.  If anything the Jets need as many draft picks as they can.  Giving away 3 first round picks won’t help.  I’d rather just draft a QB if we are going in a new direction because at least we can surround him with more talent and he will be on a rookie deal 

You draft a QB and you're now down to two picks to fill holes.  If the QB busts you're using two picks to get into position to draft his replacement in 3 years when you decide to rebuild again.  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes and one of those picks would have to be a QB either this year or next.

Exactly.  Watson costs us two low-first-round players.

From last two drafts, if we don't bust or go defense, guys drafted in the 20's like this.   Brandon Aiyuk , Hollywood Brown.

I'd rather have (Watson + get weaponz later), than (Rookie QB + Aiyuk + Hollywood Brown)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You draft a QB and you're now down to two picks to fill holes.  If the QB busts you're using two picks to get into position to draft his replacement in 3 years when you decide to rebuild again.  

Magic beans always grow into beanstalks in the minds of some fans.

11 hours ago, jgb said:

The “best” strategy I’ve heard on here is dont trade for Watson, draft Sewell this year, roll with Sam in 2021, if he fails to play better, trade back up into the top of the draft next year to take a QB. 

Now personally I think this “plan” is just a guise to keep Sam for another year and when he fails again it’ll be some new excuse (Dumb Jets hired a defensive-minded HC, an early favorite).

I don’t know about the Sam part of it. Maybe for some, but yeah I’ve heard that “smart” strategy more than once in the past couple weeks.

Fields sucks, so draft future HOFer Sewell, let Darnold get one last chance, and if he flops again then we have enough ammo to trade up for a QB next year. Then we have a better team in place to coddle his soft rookie balls. 

Paraphrasing, especially the last part, but that’s the gist of what a supposedly smart team would do, iirc.

• Upvote 2

I love the guy but I'd rather not trade for him.

However, if the choice is keep Sammy or trade this year's 1, next year's 1, Sammy and 2023 2nd rd pick it's a done deal.

The only thing we would really be giving up is. 2nd and Sammy.....who is likely done here anyway. JD is not gonna get raped on a trade.

IMO he rather roll with Sammy this year, trade the #2 to get more picks and build the team. If Sammy sucked again we still have a better team next year and still have 2- 1st rd picks to grab a qb, if not then next year he extends Sammy and uses the picks to fill other holes.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

3 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Exactly.  Watson costs us two low-first-round players.

From last two drafts, if we don't bust or go defense, guys drafted in the 20's like this.   Brandon Aiyuk , Hollywood Brown.

I'd rather have (Watson + get weaponz later), than (Genold + Aiyuk + Hollywood Brown)

Wish I could upvote the “Genold” reference ten times. I prefer that to “Samchez.”

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s never more obvious than in times like these that the great bulk of Jets fans are absolutely terrified by the idea of the Jets getting good. 

That is kind of true. When it happened with Rex it didn’t feel like we were good. We grounded and pounded, we were clowns, and we played D. There was no fancy playbook. This makes us have expectations, which is pretty scary. 

I think Joe Douglas makes two separate offers:

One involving the number two overall pick, our 2nd rounder and Sam and other lesser draft considerations 

And then another without the #2 overall pick.  Specifically, the 2 Seattle first rounders and our own first rounder next year

give them a choice - it will create them feeling a sense of control

naturally they have to get #2 overall- they’ll counter with a mix of the two options and feel like they won when we give them

#2 overall, Sam, and our first rounder next year

They'll feel like winners 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

What is a ton of picks to you?

One "proposal" going around is 3 1sts (2021, 2022, 2023). That would still leave us with 2 1st round picks in the next 3 years. Add to that whatever we can recoup from trading Darnold. Far from mortgaging the future.

3 firsts seems like a lifetime of picks.   I wouldn’t do that.  This league is DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT.... build young and fast.    2 firsts maybe...  and we ain’t gettin Dick for Darnold.   A bag of golf balls and a third.  

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

Very telling that basically every poster who is farting on Watson is a Darnold apologist. Make no mistake, the arguments against Watson are just yet another disguised argument to keep Darnold because an outright defense of him is impossible in light of the facts.

Pretty funny seeing the usual suspects against the trade and those who want to run it back again

• Upvote 1

We passed on Watson and Mahomes and drafted Adams.  We traded Adams for 3 picks.  We traded picks to get into position to draft either Baker/Rosen/Allen/Darnold.  When Baker went off the board we had 1 out of 3 chance to get it right and we got it wrong. 

This is an opportunity that we can't pass up.  He's a proven elite NFL QB.  The only way you don't do this is if you believe Fields is going to be great and you got double verification from both the Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins.   

• Upvote 3