Watson may have just indicated legit interest in the Jets

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

Pretty funny seeing the usual suspects against the trade and those who want to run it back again

I’ll be worried the day I actually agree with them on anything. If one of them posts about preferring McDonald’s, I’m switching to Burger King.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

The “best” strategy I’ve heard on here is dont trade for Watson, draft Sewell this year, roll with Sam in 2021, if he fails to play better, trade back up into the top of the draft next year to take a QB. 

Now personally I think this “plan” is just a guise to keep Sam for another year and when he fails again it’ll be some new excuse (Dumb Jets hired a defensive-minded HC, an early favorite).

I believe if you put the 85 Bears D and the 1999 Rams O around Darnold he could win.  I don't think we can do that with 3 1's.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  It doesnt matter how good a QB is if your team is full of holes you aren’t winning.  Look at Mahomes.  Yes as great as he his team is absolutely loaded with talent and he had Andy Reid.  The Bills are loaded with Talent which protects Josh Allen.  If anything the Jets need as many draft picks as they can.  Giving away 3 first round picks won’t help.  I’d rather just draft a QB if we are going in a new direction because at least we can surround him with more talent and he will be on a rookie deal 

I honestly think that Sam is better than any of those QBs, just a gut feeling. I know Zac Wilson lighted up last season, but he needs to bulk up or won't survive.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Watson or Fields+40,000,000+3 No 1 picks?  

Well, in all fairness one of those No 1 picks would be spent on Fields. So 40 mil plus 2 1st round picks and Fields. I remember the Jets drafting four players in the first round a couple of decades ago with very mixed results. Quantity doesn't guarantee quality.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I believe if you put the 85 Bears D and the 1999 Rams O around Darnold he could win.  I don't think we can do that with 3 1's.

The only QB to win a SB without going to at least 1 Pro Bowl in the last 20 years is Joe Flacco, whose bones arose from their grave to outperform Darnold this year.

Darnold got outplayed by the one outlier’s reanimated zombie corpse.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

The only QB to win a SB without going to at least 1 Pro Bowl in the last 20 years is Joe Flacco, whose bones arose from their grave to outperform Darnold this year.

Darnold got outplayed by the one outlier’s reanimated zombie corpse.

Plus does anyone know if Darnold actually likes the Jets?  I've heard Watson does.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

No, but it's not the slam dunk most are making it out to be.

Fields is every bit as talented as Watson.  He just might lack the "it" that makes certain players great.  

He isn’t close to Watson homie. Fields doesn’t go thru progressions nearly as quick(it’s not even close) or have the same caliber internal clock that Watson has — and I think Fields is a good prospect. He isn’t even remotely close to Watson’s level. Watson’s OL gave up the 3rd most sacks this year and he tossed 5,000 33 TD’s & 7 INT’s with nobody noteworthy outside of Will Fuller.

• Upvote 3

Jet picks are not Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers 1st round picks...

We need to put "Jet 1st Round Picks" into proper perspective...

Since 2012:

Quinton Coples

Dee Milliner

Calvin Pryor

Leonard Williams

Darron Lee

Jamal Adams

Sam Darnold

Quinnen Williams

Mekhi Becton...

Only 3 remain on the team, two show flashes, but have questions, and one possibly jettisoned soon...

I say go for it!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

3 firsts seems like a lifetime of picks.   I wouldn’t do that.  This league is DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT.... build young and fast.    2 firsts maybe...  and we ain’t gettin Dick for Darnold.   A bag of golf balls and a third.  

If 3 firsts in 3 years is a "lifetime of picks" than 2 first in 3 years (which is what we'd still have) is still quite a fulfilling life's amount.

One of those 3 firsts is likely going to end up being a QB anyway, so that just leaves us down 2 players. What are the chances we hit home runs on those two players? Deshaun Watson is a grand fricking slam!

This league is QB QB QB... and that's Deshaun Watson.

Deshaun Watson is also young, at 25.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I’d be willing to sweeten the deal and give them a 2023 1st rounder as well. Ive been a loyal Jets fan for 43 years. I’ve seen a lot of losing along the way. I’m tired of my team being irrelevant and being a punchline of jokes. It’s time for a change. We’re off to a good start which I believe our new head coach Saleh will be a culture changer. Let’s go get our franchise QB. Make it happen JD!

Brother, if I ever meet you, I make sure to bring an extra hanky for you. But I'm with you!

I don't see JD dumping too many picks on the Texans for DeShaun.

Just because the Seahawks gave the Jets 2 1s for Adams does not mean that Jets should necessarily be paying more for Watson.  

Adams was cheaper, for at least a year, and Adams was supposed to be the missing piece to their Super Bowl run (ok, did not work). 

The Jets would also be offering the 2nd pick, which is guaranteed to get you anyone else besides TL.   

Watson would cost alot of money in 2021, when it would be unlikely that the Jets would be competitive, particularly without picks.

I actually see JD and the 49ers believing in a balanced team.

So may be its both 1s this year (I would not trade the Seahawks pick next year-it could be high).   Maybe we take another large contract off the Texans hands.   But the Jets would not only be taking Watson's contract off of the Texans hands, but will be giving them a cheap rookie contract of a player many deem comparable.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Plus does anyone know if Darnold actually likes the Jets?  I've heard Watson does.

Well he did say he wanted to be a Jet for life so I assume that means he doesn't hate them?? I get a kick out of people getting worked up about a make believe trade that isn't coming from the Texans or Watson. I guess playing what if is fun in the silly season..B) 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Very telling that basically every poster who is farting on Watson is a Darnold apologist. Make no mistake, the arguments against Watson are just yet another disguised argument to keep Darnold because an outright defense of him is impossible in light of the facts.

Can someone tell me why they like Darnold?  Not as a person, but as a football player only.  You need to separate the two.  I’m serious; tell me why?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Can someone tell me why they like Darnold?  Not as a person, but as a football player only.  You need to separate the two.  I’m serious; tell me why?

I get the excuse he had no weapons but what was the excuse for Houston going 4-10??  I agree Watson had a Pro Bowl season but what was missing on that team?? Defense???