Watson may have just indicated legit interest in the Jets

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

2 things you refuse to see here. 

1. The Jets have the most desirable pick at #2 where Houston can trade that pick and obtain more picks or use it to out right pick a replacement for Watson . Miami's pick is not as desirable because the team with the #2 has the option between Fields, Wilson or Trade. Miami at #3 has what's left from the choice number 2 makes. Houston trading a guy like Watson will want that decision to be there's unless they keep up the stupidity. Any team wanting to trade up for a QB (meaning fields or Wilson) would be complete Idiots to deal with the Dolphins and not the Jets/Houston if they make the trade.

2. Stop comparing this to the Heschel walker deal .... That deal was the dumbest football deal ever made and is 100 times different than Watson asking for a trade. No body cares what that deal netted because to even bring up that deal in any type of negotiation would get you laughed out of the room not only due to the stupidity of the deal but because it was about a RB NOT a QB .

If Watson asks to be traded the Texans will probably call the Jets first (or Jets call them IF they are interested) because of the desirable picks we currently have and a 23 year old QB that can compete for a job there. Houston, as I have said is losing leverage by the day. The Key to this whole situation is that Deshaun is wanting out which puts pressure on Houston's management. Its not like they are trying to trade a player that wants to stay there which would have given them time and the leverage to ask for a kings ransom. 

There are variables in this situation that makes the deal progressively worse for Houston and the main thing they have to focus on is replacing their QB and starting over.

Bottom line JD may not even want to do this he may want to trade out of 2 and get a boat load of picks himself and build our team the way he sees fit. and if we trade #2 we are going to have Numerous number 1's 2's and 3's this year and next before its all over. We have the option of keeping Darnold gaining a boat load of picks and drafting a guy like Mac Jones to compete with Darnold and Morgan ...So JD may not want to give up a stupid amount of picks to get Watson like some may think. 

but like i said on another post. if im houston i can take 4 1s from another team and then trade maybe 2 to the jets for the #2 pick. then i got 2 #1s left plus the 2nd pick for my QB. i get more if im Houston that way. the more picks i get for Watson, the more i have to trade with the Jets to get the 2 pick AND still have some left over.

and the Walker trade was dumb, but it was for a RB. not a QB. you agree its the most important position in Football. hes only 25. he threw for almost 5,000 yds on a 4 win team. 2 #1s aint doing it. there are teams like NE Chicago and others who are a QB away from the SB. Ind is another one. those teams will bid hard for Watson. you will see. and i can see Belichick giving up the house to get his hands on a QB like Watson. 

and the reason the Walker trade was bad is because Walker didnt do what he was suppose to do. if he ran for 1500 yds each year and they won a SB or 2 it would have been looked like a win win for both teams.

if a team thats good like NE, like Ind , Like Chicago, the Raiders. they are one super 5,000 yd a year QB away from the SB. for those teams giving up the house would be worth it. 

Just now, carlito1171 said:

People are just sidestepping the fact that Watson has a no trade clause.....20 teams can be interested, but ultimately he’s in the driver’s seat because he’s only gonna waive it for a team he wants to play for. Texans royally f’ed up this situation in an unprecedented way if they can’t get Watson on the same page by hiring a coach he likes and trying to work it out. 

This will be an NBA type of trade when it goes down. Watson holds all the cards here. He’ll just holdout if it comes to it....and he has the same agent as Jalen Ramsey so don’t think he won’t play hardball to get his way out.....This bodes well for the Jets, Phins or whoever else enters the conversion based on Watson’s interests. But I don’t think you’ll see a kings ransom being given the Houston given the circumstances. There will only be a few eligible teams to sit at the table when they’re ready to trade him.....

Watson doesn’t have all the cards. Texans have to agree too. They have a legit threat to force Watson to play/hold out. They own his rights for 5 more years. If a team Watson wants to play for comes with the best offer, there’s no conflict. Where it gets interesting if the biggest offer is from a team Watson doesn’t want. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Watson doesn’t have all the cards. Texans have to agree too. They have a legit threat to force Watson to play/hold out. They own his rights for 5 more years. If a team Watson wants to play for comes with the best offer, there’s no conflict. Where it gets interesting if the biggest offer is from a team Watson doesn’t want. 

I disagree.....with a new coach and Gm they are gonna want to get things started on the right foot from day 1....any HC taking that job is gonna want to have some idea of what the endgame is with Watson before accepting that job. if this situation gets to training camp, he’ll holdout. Now if you want to talk about the legalities of Houston making him honor the contract then fine I don’t dispute that....but time and time again disgruntled players find their way out of situations they don’t want to be in....this is why I liken it to an NBA trade because of how we see stars force the issue all the time....I understand we don’t see these types of deals in the NFL but this is an unprecedented, wild situation in Houston.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I disagree.....with a new coach and Gm they are gonna want to get things started on the right foot from day 1....any HC taking that job is gonna want to have some idea of what the endgame is with Watson before accepting that job. if this situation gets to training camp, he’ll holdout. Now if you want to talk about the legalities of Houston making him honor the contract then fine I don’t dispute that....but time and time again disgruntled players find their way out of situations they don’t want to be in....this is why I liken it to an NBA trade because of how we see stars force the issue all the time....I understand we don’t see these types of deals in the NFL but this is an unprecedented, wild situation in Houston.

Watson has some leverage not disputing that at all, I was only reacting to the statement that he has “all the cards” (I understand you were short-handing). If the Texans are evaluating multiple offers that are close in value, they’ll take the one that Watson is comfortable with to avoid further drama. But if a team that Watson doesn’t want knocks their socks off, they do have some cards to play. Then it becomes a game of who blinks first. I tend to agree it’s more likely to be the team. Don’t think we actually disagree, that much.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Holy sh*t - After reading this total dysfunction in Houston I now think Watson most likely will be traded:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

That article was crazy crazy long but totally damming.   No sane person after reading that article would want to work for the Houston Texans.   

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Well he did say he wanted to be a Jet for life so I assume that means he doesn't hate them?? I get a kick out of people getting worked up about a make believe trade that isn't coming from the Texans or Watson. I guess playing what if is fun in the silly season..B) 

I sacrificed a chicken in my back yard to get Favre here.  I’m a real fan.  I’m willing to tank, join a cult, and sacrifice livestock for a top 10 QB. 

Sam was a jet for life.  He lived the dream. 

• Haha 3

I would love to have Watson at the right price. He’s young he’s proven and he’s a great team guy. No worries about him being a bust. Look at what he did with crap talent around him. Numbers don’t lie. I think we can get this done with Joe at the helm. 

Could you imagine this scenario:

Watson drops back...Throws deep...Caught Allen Robinson in stride for the touchdown. Camera pans to Saleh with veins bursting out of his neck while flexing with excitement on the sideline. 

If fans could be in the stands for this season, there would be an energy in MetLife like no other. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Even if we give up 3 #1s in 3 years, we will still have 2 #1s, a bunch of #2s and #3s and a ton of cap space. It's a no brainer. You're not going to hit on all of your first rounders to the extent you would with an all world QB on your team. I don't understand why you would hold on to draft capital instead of getting a potential Hall of Fame QB in his prime. That's how you win. 2 or 3 of the 5 players could end up being average starters and the other two could be good/very good players. That's best case scenario. I swear, some people would rather hold on to the unknown than get a Peyton Manning at 25. And we'd have plenty of picks and cash to give him the playmakers and lineman next season.

Agree to disagree 

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

W T F ?

Here is some reality ...

Playoffs Passing

Year Age Tm Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
Career     3 3 1-2 80 126 63.5 870 4 3.2 1 0.8 44 54 6.9 7.2 10.9 290.0 91.0 14 72 5.70 5.95 10.0 1 1
2018* 23 HOU QB 1 1 0-1 29 49 59.2 235 1 2.0 1 2.0 13 20 4.8 4.3 8.1 235.0 69.7 3 18 4.17 3.69 5.8    
2019* 24 HOU QB 2 2 1-1 51 77 66.2 635 3 3.9 0 0.0 31 54 8.2 9.0 12.5 317.5 104.6 11 54 6.60 7.28 12.5 1 1

I though he led the league in passing yards this year - my bad. 2019 he had 3tds, no picks and 317 per game in the playoffs. You're actually showing this to back up your argument? Wow. 

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Watson was in NY tonight?

What the heck is going on?

He’s been in town for a few days now. Not shocking that an athlete wants to spend time in big apple but it adds on to the speculation. I think I read someone mention that he’s very much into NYC and “all that comes with it”. I understand that may give off a negative connotation for some but I can see him being a big city guy, partying, etc. I believe he won’t let it be a distraction and take care of business on the field though. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Three firsts? GTFOH. If JD does that he is an idiot. #2 needs to be completely off the table. 2 first maximum both Seattle's as absolute top offer, but it's a dumb move. So many hear just want any big name out there forget about picks, opportunity cost, cap, just get the guy who won 5 games this year. NO

What do you think would be the best option at QB? If Miami trades for Watson what would be your answer to that to keep your team competitive in the division? If the Fins went 10-6 with Fitz and the Bills on a impressive playoff run where would stand as far as QB? Please tell me a viable alternative.

12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Three firsts? GTFOH. If JD does that he is an idiot. #2 needs to be completely off the table. 2 first maximum both Seattle's as absolute top offer, but it's a dumb move. So many hear just want any big name out there forget about picks, opportunity cost, cap, just get the guy who won 5 games this year. NO

I try to be respectful of differing opinions on this sight as much as I possibly can.  No reason not to be.  However this post of yours absolutely rubs me the wrong way.

It's one thing to just not want Watson or whatever,  but to go at it like this makes is just ridiculous.  

Then you start talking about opportunity cost etc to back your stance.  The real opportunity cost risk in this scenario is not trading for Watson, it's keeping the picks, drafting a QB who then flops.  Watson is the proven commodity, so everything is measured against him in this scenario.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

hey woody and chris -watson would be a huge deal-it would get me to renew my psl tickets too and I had both feet out the door and I know I am not alone 

sign watson and bring in arob or godwin at wr and sign gus edwards or jeff wislon and Phillip Lynday and u can be talking playoffs-yep playoffs in my best him mora voice

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I try to be respectful of differing opinions on this sight as much as I possibly can.  No reason not to be.  However this post of yours absolutely rubs me the wrong way.

It's one thing to just not want Watson or whatever,  but to go at it like this makes is just ridiculous.  

Then you start talking about opportunity cost etc to back your stance.  The real opportunity cost risk in this scenario is not trading for Watson, it's keeping the picks, drafting a QB who then flops.  Watson is the proven commodity, so everything is measured against him in this scenario.  

And the proposed trade that’s being circulated leaves without a first rounder only 1 year, in 2023, if you’re speaking of the Jeremiah proposal that is. 

That’s not leaving the cupboard particularly bare. We’ll be fine.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

He’s been in town for a few days now. Not shocking that an athlete wants to spend time in big apple but it adds on to the speculation. I think I read someone mention that he’s very much into NYC and “all that comes with it”. I understand that may give off a negative connotation for some but I can see him being a big city guy, partying, etc. I believe he won’t let it be a distraction and take care of business on the field though. 

He can really build his brand in NY. His marketing agent is from Brooklyn & that’s probably who he went to the game with last night. I think Watson can come here and be a sports icon. I’m sure he has to know that too.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

That article was crazy crazy long but totally damming.   No sane person after reading that article would want to work for the Houston Texans.   

Yeah you have a Tommy Boy religious zealot son owner running the organization with no direction with an usurper exploiting him - Texans are a mess and Deshawn knows it and is going to force his way out!  With our cap room and picks we are the most likely destination.  I even think we can play hardball and maybe just give them Sam and one Seattle pick and our 2nd rounder. 

34 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He can really build his brand in NY. His marketing agent is from Brooklyn & that’s probably who he went to the game with last night. I think Watson can come here and be a sports icon. I’m sure he has to know that too.

If you've ever been to Houston you know that Manhattan is like Oz to Watson.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I had no idea the Texans owner was basically the Republican evangelical version of Jeff Wilpon, but after learning that it's no surprise Watson wants out.

Well the Jets owner is/was the Ambassador to the court of St. James so there is that.

• Haha 1

Deshaun Watson would be the most preeminent athlete in the New York scene if he came to the Jets! 
You’d see kids from Jersey, Manhattan, Long Island, Westchester county with Watson Jets jerseys. 
He’d put the Jets right back on the map instantly in the minds of every NFL fan. 
His entourage would be huge in the entertainment industry. There are some pretty famous Jet fans who would be proud to rep the Green & White. 
I remember Jayzee in his Authentic Jet Jersey & cap looking quite dapper years ago. 

34 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Yeah you have a Tommy Boy religious zealot son owner running the organization with no direction with an usurper exploiting him - Texans are a mess and Deshawn knows it and is going to force his way out!  With our cap room and picks we are the most likely destination.  I even think we can play hardball and maybe just give them Sam and one Seattle pick and our 2nd rounder. 

That would be the most ridiculous heist ever if that actually happened.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

anybody that does not want watson is crazy

dude has actually been a good soldier. If I was him I would have had a public mutiny when Obrien traded hopkins....

I want Watson too I just don’t want to give up 92 first round picks for him

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

@David Harris  and @Bleedin Green you are 100% correct!

It is amazing that this is going on with any NFL team

And I also agree we are really the only team that can get Watson if we want him.

1. The Jets have to picks to get Watson  say-----  Three (3) No.1's and a Second next year.

2. Watson wants to work with HC Robert Saleh!  How do we know?  Simple, Watson asked the Texans to interview Saleh!

3.  Why is No.2 above is important because people say Miami is the best landing spot for Watson and they are wrong! Why?  Look at the yoyo way that that Miami treated Tua, and that is the "Patriot Way" and more importantly who is Miami's OC? The answer is Miami doesn't know, they just don't know... :) They fired Gailey so what type of Offense are they going to run? Compare that with the Jets who are going to be running the most QB favorable offense in the NFL.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

People are just sidestepping the fact that Watson has a no trade clause.....20 teams can be interested, but ultimately he’s in the driver’s seat because he’s only gonna waive it for a team he wants to play for 

the Jets are not a destination team 

they are a punishment when Kelechi Osemele or Percy Harvin gets traded here 

they are also a bargaining chip when agents want to drive up the price on their clients or create a fake bidding war

no one actually wants to play for the Jets 

5 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Could you imagine this scenario:

Watson drops back...Throws deep...Caught Allen Robinson in stride for the touchdown. Camera pans to Saleh with veins bursting out of his neck while flexing with excitement on the sideline. 

If fans could be in the stands for this season, there would be an energy in MetLife like no other. 

I’m speaking this into existence as we speak.

Did I mention this was in the Super Bowl?

(if I’m going for broke, I’m going all the way)