Kareem Hunt

5 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

What about trading our 3rd round pick from the Seahawks FOR Kareem Hunt ? Hunt, Jonhson, Perine and maybe Fore as 4th rb would be a good committee ?

Bonjour, with the “Shanahan“ offense, we won’t need star RBs.  Anyone with a pulse will do fine...

I’m okay trading for Watson but not interested in trading for anyone else. The rest, build through the draft and capitalize on the rookie contracts. We need to get a pipeline going or we end up like we did with Tanny. Good for a year or two and then screwed for a decade. 

• Upvote 3

Don’t think it would even happen because Joe Douglas doesn’t like troubled players like that. 
The talent is off the chain and would love a dynamic player like that but we still need to build a culture, and I don’t think the locker room is stable enough to do something like this. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, jetsQuebec said:

What about trading our 3rd round pick from the Seahawks FOR Kareem Hunt ? Hunt, Jonhson, Perine and maybe Fore as 4th rb would be a good committee ?

The Shanahan offensive tree doesn't invest in Super Star running backs from what I remember.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Did you wake up this morning with the idea to create the 2nd dumbest post of the year? Mission accomplished.

Just ignore it if you don't like it, no need to attack the guy like that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Did you wake up this morning with the idea to create the 2nd dumbest post of the year? Mission accomplished.

I am just asking question in a forum !!! What’s your problem ?? Of course you insult people behind your computer hein ? ?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Why would Cleveland want to trade him for a mid round draft pick?

Exactly.  Hunt has 2 years left on a fairly cheap deal ($5M against the cap in 2021, $6.3M in 2022).  They'd only save $5M on the cap if they traded him, and currently don't need the cap space ($24.5M projected space in 2021).  He's been productive and is an excellent compliment to Chubb, who doesn't catch a lot of passes.  There's no more enviable RB duo in the NFL right now.

There'd be no incentive to trade Hunt for a 3rd round pick UNLESS the Browns are worried about off the field stuff for him.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Hunt has 2 years left on a fairly cheap deal ($5M against the cap in 2021, $6.3M in 2022).  They'd only save $5M on the cap if they traded him, and currently don't need the cap space ($24.5M projected space in 2021).  He's been productive and is an excellent compliment to Chubb, who doesn't catch a lot of passes.  There's no more enviable RB duo in the NFL right now.

There'd be no incentive to trade Hunt for a 3rd round pick UNLESS the Browns are worried about off the field stuff for him.  

That’s the point no ?? He is expensive for a back up rb!! Well for me I think it would be a good trade for us, a good and reliable starter rb for Darnold or Wilson next season! For a 70+ best player in the NCAA , it’s a good gamble for me I thought 

On 1/18/2021 at 4:46 PM, jetsQuebec said:

To me Kareem Hunt is one of the best RBs in the game. I would take him in a heartbeat. His Salaries are way too low for him these next two years. 

If we trade for Deshaun they prob would not move other picks. But if were keeping Sam Kareem should be a priority. 

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

To me Kareem Hunt is one of the best RBs in the game. I would take him in a heartbeat. His Salaries are way too low for him these next two years. 

If we trade for Deshaun they prob would not move other picks. But if were keeping Sam Kareem should be a priority. 

Absolutely agree! As muchas I can be excited to have Watson I think it’s a mistake.

the best way to build fast and be really good is keeping the early picks, trade down once and/or a second time and!! Imagine having 8+ picks in the 100best players in NCAA