On 1/18/2021 at 4:50 PM, CanadaSteve said:

What if we just draft a running back with the pick, have full control for 3-5 years on a rookie contract, and NOT bring in a guy who hits woman?

Just a thought.

Does joe Douglas have same views as Mac on domestic violence?

14 hours ago, jetsQuebec said:

That’s the point no ?? He is expensive for a back up rb!! Well for me I think it would be a good trade for us, a good and reliable starter rb for Darnold or Wilson next season! For a 70+ best player in the NCAA , it’s a good gamble for me I thought 

I'm sure it would be great for us, but it has to also work for the other team too. The cap numbers are no issue for Cleveland and he's a valuable, productive player, so why would they trade him??

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Does joe Douglas have same views as Mac on domestic violence?

I mean, I would hope so.  That really wasn't the first point however.  Why not just draft one of a plethora of backs that will be available at #32, and have them under a rookie contract for 5 years?  Hunt will cost AT LEAST $12 million a year.  OH!  and he likes to beat on woman.  

It just seems so obvious why not....

16 hours ago, jetsQuebec said:

That’s the point no ?? He is expensive for a back up rb!! Well for me I think it would be a good trade for us, a good and reliable starter rb for Darnold or Wilson next season! For a 70+ best player in the NCAA , it’s a good gamble for me I thought 

He's not a "backup RB".  At least not a typical one.  He's basically a 1b to Chubb's 1a, and when he's not lined up at RB, the Browns line him up a ton at WR.  Chubb only caught 16 passes last season so Hunt fills a very important role for them as a pass-catching back.

$5M is not that expensive for what he brings to the table.  10 other RBs in the league will make more than Hunt does this season, with 4 of them making more than 2x as much as Hunt does.

On 1/18/2021 at 4:49 PM, addage said:

What is it with trading away draft picks. They are our future. Let’s let JD do his thing. 

So we can end up with Perinne again?

We need good players - Hunt is a good player.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So we can end up with Perinne again?

We need good players - Hunt is a good player.

Right, and teams don't just give away good players.  There's no reason whatsoever for the Browns to give up Hunt for merely a 3rd round pick.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right, and teams don't just give away good players.  There's no reason whatsoever for the Browns to give up Hunt for merely a 3rd round pick.  

That I don't disagree with at all....but this was a hypothetical and to say no to this is simply wrong.  Draft picks don't mean anything if you take the wrong guy.

This growing myth that JD is some type of genius drafter has no merit - at best he had mixed results .  He may very well find a very good RB in the 3rd but he also might find Perinne again. 

If you could get Hunt for a 3rd you do it in a second.  That is all.

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That I don't disagree with at all....but this was a hypothetical and to say no to this is simply wrong.  Draft picks don't mean anything if you take the wrong guy.

This growing myth that JD is some type of genius drafter has no merit - at best he had mixed results .  He may very well find a very good RB in the 3rd but he also might find Perinne again. 

If you could get Hunt for a 3rd you do it in a second.  That is all.

Yes, in a universe where Hunt is available for a 3rd, you have to at least explore that.  

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I mean, I would hope so.  That really wasn't the first point however.  Why not just draft one of a plethora of backs that will be available at #32, and have them under a rookie contract for 5 years?  Hunt will cost AT LEAST $12 million a year.  OH!  and he likes to beat on woman.  

It just seems so obvious why not....

all valid points.