WR DeVonta Smith, Alabama is 2 inch and 20 lbs smaller than Robbie

The jets would look a lot better at Wr right now if Douglas had actually picked another of the fine developmental prospects from last year.  There were a LOT of good guys 3rd round and much later and he ignored them for guys we hope never play or who where ghosts this year.  And no I am not going to let it go.....at least until the next draft.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets would look a lot better at Wr right now if Douglas had actually picked another of the fine developmental prospects from last year.  There were a LOT of good guys 3rd round and much later and he ignored them for guys we hope never play or who where ghosts this year.  And no I am not going to let it go.....at least until the next draft.

Donovan Peoples-Jones. 

Oddly enough, I keep seeing Nico Collins rated as a mid second rounder. Clearly there's an issue with Michigan quarterbacks, and I think a team could benefit from 5 star recruits that don't produce as expected because of sh*t quarterback play. 

• Upvote 1

I see Santana Moss and Percy Harvin.  Good slot receiver in NFL.  Not a 2 pick.  Jamarr Chase has more upside for the NFL.  Would rather take Jaylen Waddle at 23.  

if we are not using it for Watson or a QB, trade down or take a premium tackle.  Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones he is not.  

6 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Donovan Peoples-Jones. 

Oddly enough, I keep seeing Nico Collins rated as a mid second rounder. Clearly there's an issue with Michigan quarterbacks, and I think a team could benefit from 5 star recruits that don't produce as expected because of sh*t quarterback play. 

I’d feel a lot better taking an athletic freak WR in the draft who underperformed with a bad QB than a QB that is physically-talented but underperformed due to “weapoinz.”

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I was just randomly looking at potential picks for us next year and i heard dude was small, but damn. 20 Lbs lighter than Robbie? How does the dude make it one game when he gets hit by an NFL safety or CB. How does he make it past 5 yards in the route without being jammed up. 

Im not a college guy but is there any WR that is similar profile that has been able to compete at the next level with his hieght and weight?

Seem to me in the NFL he would get crushed. Its one thing for a guy like Metcalf to make it and get unfairly knocked for being too big, but this dude is small man.

I'm guessing you didn't watch much of him at BAMA, because he beat press as well as Zone... In the SEC I might add which is almost the NFL. 

You don't pick WRs at the top of the draft. Olave stayed in school because he saw the writing on the wall the way the draft rolls now. There are a ton of good WRs coming out & we're picking at #23 & #34. 

He got hurt in the Championship game the 1st time he actually got hit. Went to the locker room & watched the rest of the game from the sidelines with his thumb wrapped up. He's probably going to be electric, but Percy Harvin was once electric too. Be interesting to see where he goes. 

15 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

175 lbs and for 2 years no one in the SEC could stop him.  You would be fool to pass on him due to his size.

Dudes acting like this is ronnie lott days . 

No one could stop him because he had all day to run free . Did you see what Bama Oline did to SEC Defenses this year . Jones could have eaten a sandwich , smoked a cigarette and filed his taxes before he threw a pass. Smith runs great routes has great hands but I think he'll get abused in the NFL if he plays at his current weight.