How about Watson for Darnold?

Plus a first to Houston in 22? Somebody was mentioning 3 first round picks for Watson. I like Watson but 3 ones is too much. I would rather sit at 2 and draft Wilson or Fields. But Houston might be interested in Darnold as a sweetener for their loss. They may think Darnold has some upside still and could develop with a better cast around him.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Darnold is done, if you go check the temperature of other fan bases the consensus is the jets are either going Watson or QB at 2. Really nobody believes the “Jets May build around darnold” narrative, the only people that legitimately believe this are Darnold fans. 

If you remove biases from this situation and analyze all factors, it’s kinda obvious how this thing plays out imo 

Well if Darnold somehow becomes a good player his defenders will have earned a victory lap because I don’t see anything that says to me he’s a good player in a bad circumstance.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Three number ones is a great deal for Watson especially when you have multiple picks.
If Jamal is worth 2 then Watson is worth???!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Next we will hear the argument that we shouldn’t get Watson because he’ll lead the Jets to more wins and devalue future draft picks. 

4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

What about just doing the deal straight up?

If JD swings that he should be investigated for witchcraft 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The deal is Watson for Fields. That’s all it needs to be.  They need Fields more than we need Watson. We have the leverage here. 

We get their troubled, expensive, injury-plagued veteran, they get the top available collegiate prospect. They get to recruit Daboll, they get to sell season tickets and sell a valid reset to their fanbase. 

SAR I

• WTF? 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If Joe Douglas pulls that off it the Johnson’s should put him put him in their will 

It won’t be that simple, we’d probably have to give them Fields + Darnold + One 1st, but none of this ‘three first round picks’ nonsense. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The deal is Watson for Fields. That’s all it needs to be.  They need Fields more than we need Watson. We have the leverage here. 

OMG... wait for it... I'm actually going to agree with you...  This debate is on and on and on, but never thought about it this way. They are essentially getting Fields as well with our #2. So I might spice it up a bit with another pick, but that's it.

And for those who are saying if Adams was worth 2 1st's and a 3rd, what is Watson worth... Well sometimes you get over on a GM, and sometimes you don't. I'm not going to sit here and say Sneider is stupid, but that was a stupid deal, and he's the only one that made it. I'm sure JD had other deals he wasn't willing to do, and then walla, along came that deal. So no Watson is not worth 3 1st's...  I'd rather take Fields and keep our picks.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

OMG... wait for it... I'm actually going to agree with you...  This debate is on and on and on, but never thought about it this way. 

Yup.  We have what they desperately need, not the other way around.

Fields + Daboll saves their franchise as they can sell that to their fanbase. Only the Jets can make that happen. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, QB1 said:

It’s actually the opposite 

the only people convinced that the jets are replacing Darnold are jets fans 

This is accurate. The rest of the NFL and fans of other teams by-and-large think Darnold was screwed by a bad organization with an awful coaching staff.

They may or may not be correct, but that is the outsider perspective,

IF the Jets were to trade a bunch of high picks to get Watson, Darnold is guaranteed to be a part of the package. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We get their troubled, expensive, injury-plagued veteran, they get the top available collegiate prospect. They get to recruit Daboll, they get to sell season tickets and sell a valid reset to their fanbase. 

SAR I

If that is the offer, Watson will be in Miami

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

If that is the offer, Watson will be in Miami

Tua sucks.  Texans can’t sell a washout like that to their fanbase. Texans can’t attract a top HC candidate with that.  

Fields buys them 2-3 years of hope.  Fields gets them Daboll.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Would love this to happen ... lol ... watch our 200 million dollar QB flounder as Sam turns things around in Houston. People dont get it ... Mims aint Hopkins. I garauntee you after two years Watson is gonna start crying about renegotiating his 30 million a year contract.

Edited by Dunnie

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tua sucks.  Texans can’t sell a washout like that to their fanbase. Texans can’t attract a top HC candidate with that.  

Fields buys them 2-3 years of hope.  Fields gets them Daboll.  

SAR I

The Jets are not getting Watson for one of the 4 first rounders in 21 & 22.

You'd have to give up at least 3 of them - or 2 plus some other 2nd rounders.

At a certain point the price just gets too high for the Jets. Watson won 4 games with a roster as poor as the Jets. We make a trade and ship off all of those picks - we are signing up for more of the same, imo.

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It won’t be that simple, we’d probably have to give them Fields + Darnold + One 1st, but none of this ‘three first round picks’ nonsense. 

SAR I

Just like Jets were going to get left overs for head coach. Noway Houston takes a deal without multiple picks. 

4 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

Plus a first to Houston in 22? Somebody was mentioning 3 first round picks for Watson. I like Watson but 3 ones is too much. I would rather sit at 2 and draft Wilson or Fields. But Houston might be interested in Darnold as a sweetener for their loss. They may think Darnold has some upside still and could develop with a better cast around him.

I think Houston does this

Lindsay Lohan Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

39 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Just like Jets were going to get left overs for head coach. Noway Houston takes a deal without multiple picks. 

Their fans don't want multiple picks.  They want a Watson replacement.  These aren't the Patriots, these aren't fans with multiple Super Bowls who can be chill for a few seasons while the Texans rebuild.  The Titans and Jaguars have legit quarterbacks.  The Colts will get a veteran behind that line.  The Texans need Fields, has to happen.

For the Jets, with Fields in hand, Watson becomes a luxury.  We can just sit tight at 2 and do nothing.  The Texans need to make something happen.  Fields is their answer.

SAR I

4 hours ago, prime21 said:

Three number ones is a great deal for Watson especially when you have multiple picks.
If Jamal is worth 2 then Watson is worth???!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Totally agree.

To get RG3 in the 2014 draft Washington traded 3 first-round picks and 1 second-round pick. 

To get the Carson Wentz in the 2016 draft the Eagles made two trade ups and in the process traded away 2 first round picks (including the 2016 No. 13 overall pick), 1 second-round pick, 1 third-round pick, 1 fourth-round pick, CB Byron Maxwell and  LB Kiko Alonso

Assuming no players other than Watson are involved in the deal, since Watson is not an unknown commodity like Wentz and RG3, but rather a 25 year old 3 time all-pro,  the price for Watson in draft picks should be something like 3 first-round, 2 second-round and 3 third-round. Unless, of course, the trade is with the Jags and the #1 overall pick this year, than the other picks become less because of the inflated value of this year's #1 overall selection.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You finally make a statement of value.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

Right now Watson is their problem and that may lighten the trade package, but they likely would still want Darnold, 2021 pick #2, and more.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Injury plagued? Ok he tore his ACL as a rookie and has only missed one game since ?‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Not sure about our leverage, but he only costs 10.5 million on the cap next year. That's unreal and gives us huge cap flexibility to sign the best free agent WRs and Olineman.

Please, no Watson! Douglas will build a strong team with all the draft picks he accumulated, giving them all away for one man, no matter how good, doesn’t make sense. If he thinks Darnold can be fixed and thrive in a new system, trade down and acquire even more picks, if not ,Wilson looks like a great option. In that case trade Darnold for a second, forget about Watson, let another team mortgage their future.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1