How about Watson for Darnold?

On 1/19/2021 at 3:30 AM, Slikmojet! said:

Plus a first to Houston in 22? Somebody was mentioning 3 first round picks for Watson. I like Watson but 3 ones is too much. I would rather sit at 2 and draft Wilson or Fields. But Houston might be interested in Darnold as a sweetener for their loss. They may think Darnold has some upside still and could develop with a better cast around him.

There's no way you really believe the texans would give us watson for darnold and next years 1st rounder

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Define “competent environment” and “ok,” if you please.

Houston, as a reference point, would be a more proven atmosphere top to bottom for someone of his potential to at least hope to develop. I am strong optimist on Jets moving forward but Houston knows how to run business. So what I am saying is that they could take Darnold, give him a year and use the picks to fill up other positions, possibly even trade for a bigger haul. Darnold would certainly do well enough to give them a year to move along and the year following Houston could take another look at the position.  

Oooooooooo, ??‍♂️
I know, I know ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

...if we change Watsons position to Punter like on Madden, then his overall rating drops and we can trade for him for like a 6th or 7th rounder!!!

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Houston, as a reference point, would be a more proven atmosphere top to bottom for someone of his potential to at least hope to develop. I am strong optimist on Jets moving forward but Houston knows how to run business. So what I am saying is that they could take Darnold, give him a year and use the picks to fill up other positions, possibly even trade for a bigger haul. Darnold would certainly do well enough to give them a year to move along and the year following Houston could take another look at the position.  

Houston, really. The most dysfunctional organization in the NFL this year. I know the bar is low for the Jets but damn, I'd aim higher than that.

FYI no one except HOU fans would know Will Fuller V's name if Sam Darnold was the one throwing him passes. They had the dead last running game in the league and the #22 ranked OL. Their situation ain't no great shakes. Just more proof that FQBs make their own weaponz, not the other way around and if you're making excuses for your FQB, he isn't one.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Houston, really. The most dysfunctional organization in the NFL this year. I know the bar is low for the Jets but damn, I'd aim higher than that.

FYI no one except HOU fans would know Will Fuller V's name if Sam Darnold was the one throwing him passes. They had the dead last running game in the league and the #22 ranked OL. Their situation ain't no great shakes. Just more proof that FQBs make their own weaponz, not the other way around and if you're making excuses for your FQB, he isn't one.

One year does not make a franchise. One coaching change doesn’t either.