Robby Anderson reveals miserable experience with Jets

Bronx

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/robby-anderson-reveals-miserable-experience-with-jets/

Playing for the Jets led to Robby Anderson “losing my love” for football.

“I just wasn’t genuinely happy there all the time,” Anderson said in an interview with the Charlotte Observer.

Robby Anderson reveals miserable experience with Jets

Playing for the Jets led to Robby Anderson “losing my love” for football.

“I just wasn’t genuinely happy there all the time,” Anderson said in an interview with the Charlotte Obs

The 27-year-old wide receiver spent four losing seasons with the Jets before signing a two-year, $12 million guaranteed contract with the Carolina Panthers last spring.

“I definitely think that was one the best decisions I made all in all,” Anderson said following a season in which he broke out for a team-high 95 receptions and career-high 1,096 receiving yards.

The Jets could have used that production — their receivers combined for 3,115 receiving yards, second-worst in the NFL behind the Ravens.

Anderson finished with three receiving touchdowns and another on the ground, but the Panthers, like the Jets, missed the playoffs.

An undrafted free agent out of Temple who became the Jets’ No. 1 option in a mediocre receiver corps, Anderson said there were days in New York when “I wouldn’t even want to go to the building. … And in Carolina, it just felt like a new breath of air for me and I just [felt] at a real peace, I felt comfortable. Like I actually liked Charlotte. I was excited to go to work.”

Anderson added that “I started to look myself in the mirror more, take more ownership of things, and not look at the actual situation I was in. And that’s when I started seeing a lot of personal growth outside of just football and being more happy outside of football, and starting to find more peace.”

During his time with the Jets, Anderson was arrested twice in a nine-month period spanning 2017 to 2018. He faced a slew of charges, including four felonies, but all charges except for a reckless driving misdemeanor (six months’ probation) were dismissed by authorities.

He was the second former Jet in recent months to lament his time with the team.

“Bro, I fought depression in New York,” Seahawks safety Jamal Adams said on the “All Things Covered” podcast in November. “And I’m man enough to say it. I came home after a tough loss and just sat in my room in the dark — no phone, no TV. [My dad] hated to see me like that. It killed my pops so much. … He was calling my agent at the time and saying, ‘Hey man, I don’t like seeing my son like this. I need him out of this situation.’ It took a toll on my life outside of football.”

Adams, who also called the Jets a “laughingstock,” had a dramatic falling out with the team last offseason, when management chose not to extend his contract ahead of schedule to make him the highest-paid safety in the league at over $14.6 million per year.

Just now, y2k8 said:

Who is genuinely happy all the time?

It’s not easy to break free in your head of prepackaged attitudes about situations and the Jets probably challenged a lot of their staff’s tolerance and patience with the losing, the constant flipping around of the front office, coaches, etc. I can imagine it’s not an easy place to work from lots of viewpoints. Sometimes you need to eject to be able to get tough enough to come back and not be upset anymore. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The culture was really that bad. Those things don’t matter much to fans but they mean everything to the people suiting up...with that said Robby would of came back for more money.

and it's comments like his that would make me pause if I were Watson.   The Jets are poorly run. It's that simple. The Johnsons are not smart men. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or, the culture wasn’t that bad, and both Anderson and Adams are exceedingly immature, high-maintenance crybabies with irrationally high opinions of their abilities, and the teams that currently possess their rights now have to make decisions on how to pay both of them commensurate to their actual levels of performance. Best of luck to em.

Yeah, the jets seem to be really well run.  Lol.  

• Upvote 1

Wasn't there an article a few months back stating that he wanted to stay but the Jets did not want him back - at his price?

I am not 100% sold on joe Douglas yet but the two best player moves he has made are letting Jamal and Robbie go.

Everyone uses the buzz words culture change and identity - let's see I want a mediocre receiver who also has off field issues to be part of that change in the future? He is gone and that is a blessing to this team and new coaching staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

How many chances did the Jets give this guy? Undrafted, nobody wanted you. Jets gave you the opportunity, you got into trouble outside of football and the Jets stuck with you. Obviously the Jets are a bad team on the field, and maybe he did deal with something within the organization, but come on man. 

JD still blew it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

I see this all differently.  Adams and Robbie left, good for them.  Adams had to blast his way out.  They both still whine about it.  Why?  If they’re happy now, all should be good, right?  I mean, nobody will ever fault them for not wanting to play for Adam gase. 

Here’s the deal - they didn’t want to leave, and that’s why they’re pissed.  They wanted a better HC and qb there, and yeah, from robbie’s perspective i can’t blame him for this.  But if they both had their way they would have stayed in NY.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2880227-robby-anderson-says-he-has-unfinished-business-with-jets-wants-return-to-nyRobby

Anderson Says He Has 'Unfinished Business' with Jets, Wants Return to NY

"I think they definitely want me back," he said. "I truly do want to be back with the Jets. I love Sam (Darnold). I love my teammates, Jamal (Adams) and all those guys. I feel like there's unfinished business there that I've been trying to get done since I got there. I would hope to finish out the mission, all in all, but it's a business."‬

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Anderson is a good player and seems to have turned things around for himself. But the coddling of millionaires is at an all time high. Newsflash- no one is always happy all the time. That being said, Jets ownership is a problem and players talking about them not caring about winning will resonate.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

“During his time with the Jets, Anderson was arrested twice in a nine-month period spanning 2017 to 2018. He faced a slew of charges, including four felonies”

The Jets didn’t want to overpay a one-dimensional criminal.  Imagine that. 

SAR I

But he would have improved the culture

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

20 minutes ago, Bronx said:

JD still blew it.

He wasn’t a team captain in peewee football or at any other level. Not a JD guy. Only road scholars and those approved by mother Theresa can play on the Jets.He wasn’t a team captain in peewee football ordered any other level. Not a JD guy. Only Rhodes scholars and those approved by mother Theresa can play on the Jets.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Watson is smart?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Is Anderson?? Only the few kool aid drinkers here think the Jets are a good place to end up. Until Joe Douglas gets this team in order, we are the 2012 to 2020 Jets. Well below 500, never a threat and basically a laughing stock.  It's Woody and Chris a la perfection. Name one player that is glas he has been a Jet since 2012?   

• Upvote 1