Robby Anderson reveals miserable experience with Jets

Bronx

When you face 4 felony charges in 2 years, maybe the team wasn’t the problem? Maybe it was self centered schmucks like him? Every team loses. Jets went 7-9 last year. Far from miserable. But the 3 years prior to that we sucked royal ass, just like Carolina did this year. Only difference is, he’s getting paid to play for that garbage team with a decent QB. 

It’s not miserable when you’re getting paid. $ cures half the worries. Winnings cure the rest. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

and it's comments like his that would make me pause if I were Watson.   The Jets are poorly run. It's that simple. The Johnsons are not smart men. 

you mean the jets were poorly run.  with douglas and saleh there's every reason to believe they'll be a much better organization in all ascpects.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Simpletons and dogs 

Then I'm definitely one of them and probably both !!!!! I've , over the few years tried to live life by one simple and positive mindset.

" Having lived through yesterday will make today a whole better and interesting experience."

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

While, your points about ethics are valid. I don’t believe “toxic culture” is defined purely by your points. I think you bring up an altogether different issue, which to your point we never hear about.

Toxic culture is more a reflection of poor leadership and valuing people. Not just poor management, but leadership meaning played leaders, coach leaders, etc.

I can tell you flat out, I spent the first 15 years of my career in toxic environments. So I never really knew it was toxic until I landed in a place that wasn’t - where people were valued, celebrated, set up for success. Robbie Had his first job with the Jets, he likely didn’t know it was toxic until he landed in Carolina had a relevant comparison to make. Sure he thought he wanted to stay and if the money was right he would have, but that doesn’t invalidate the fact that he learned by going to Carolina with a non-toxic environment looks like.

Absolutely valid.

So we had a conversation with slightly different views on a subject, listened to what the other was saying and it did not turn into a drama thread with name calling and going back and forth.

Thank you

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

Then I'm definitely one of them and probably both !!!!! I've , over the few years tried to live life by one simple and positive mindset.

" Having lived through yesterday will make today a whole better and interesting experience."

Meditation Self Care GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wow, Bronx have changed a bit since my childhood. 

Born in the Bronx, raised in Puerto Rico. Didn't know much about football (still don't) and had to pick the coolest NY name for football team. If only Google would have been available back then. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Yet he was ecstatic when we didn't trade him at the deadline and was in tears(according to Michael Irvin) when he wasn't going to re-sign with us.

I'm so sick of these frauds

I read Anderson’s quotes more about a personal journey during a time in his life vs. Adams’ being a crybaby spoiled bitch. 

• Post of the Week 1

I strongly doubt these player's agents and families are focusing them on atmosphere and toxic environments.  Many are driven by maximizing earnings over very short career lifespans.  Winning and healthy workspaces are added benefits if they can get it.   About the only NFL player I can think of who took less $$ to win was Brady, but even then it's tainted by TB12 and the fact his wife is worth half a billion $...

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Unsurprisingly you guys have turned this into a “Robby is thug turd” and “I’m not happy in my job, do eff him” thread. Which is whatever, but I’d you parse out what he’s saying - and pause before making your reaction about yourself - you realize it’s just another huge signal about a toxic culture.

So, a huge part of what I do professionally is help companies identify the right problem to solve - before solving it.

To me, it’s encouraging hearing these articles from ex-Jets, it lets me know that JD identified and attempted to solve the right problem.

Jamal is definitely a prick.

Robby is getting heat here because of what he said, but I agree with you that there’s some truth in it. 

What i’d like to identify is: was it more than Gase?

Obviously losing regularly makes things miserable, but Robby wasn’t even here for this year, the worst in a while, and the Panthers were what, a 5 win team? 

If I’m JD, I’d want to call Robby after this article and ask him to speak openly about this. 

Its always amazing to me that people hang on the words of these type players as if what they say is truthful.

Both Robby and Adams proclaimed their love of the Jets when they were in negotiations for a new contract.  Want to be Jets, wanted to be Jets for life.  As soon as the team didnt want to pay them what they wanted the message changed and playing for the Jets was the worst experience of their lives.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I prefer to look to the future rather than players who are on other teams, Robert Saleh is in the building today working with Joe Douglas. Let’s move forward.

agreed ! !  ?... i am cautiously optimistic  ?   

4 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Who is genuinely happy all the time?

I love my job every single day,  and every person I deal with at work is kind, patient,  and understanding,  and I send a Christmas card to each and every one of them....? 

There are days I wake up and say, "**** it, I'll just call in retired".  But I have responsibilities and a family to provide for. 

These entitled millionaire millennials going to media outlets to air their "sadness" is actually pathetic. 

The Jets ain't the reason you got your ass arrested, Robbie. And now you're worth $40m+.

Appreciate what life has given your poor decision-making self. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Or, the culture wasn’t that bad, and both Anderson and Adams are exceedingly immature, high-maintenance crybabies with irrationally high opinions of their abilities, and the teams that currently possess their rights now have to make decisions on how to pay both of them commensurate to their actual levels of performance. Best of luck to em.

As much as this is probably true, losing as much as the Jets did probably was a miserable experience. I think both are fair observations.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Toxic work environments are terrible, regardless if your job. Some people can punch the clock and be unaffected, but far more contemplate career change, fight depression and lethargy, lose focus, etc.

I’m hopeful Saleh has a positive impact on this factor of out team culture.

I went through that last year. It was ugly, but I got through it by refocusing and reordering priorities and not needung to fight every battle with things I can't change. Plus, I'm in the home stretch of my career now,  and am settling myself up for the next adventure. Plus, realizing that "Culture eats strategy for breakfast" is a very real statement, made even tougher when many won't even acknowledge that the culture is broken. ? Its tough. But in 3 years my options open up...

38 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Absolutely valid.

So we had a conversation with slightly different views on a subject, listened to what the other was saying and it did not turn into a drama thread with name calling and going back and forth.

Thank you

It's amazing how easy that was, right? Hahaha

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

I went through that last year. It was ugly, but I got through it by refocusing and reordering priorities and not needung to fight every battle with things I can't change. Plus, I'm in the home stretch of my career now,  and am settling myself up for the next adventure. Plus, realizing that "Culture eats strategy for breakfast" is a very real statement, made even tougher when many won't even acknowledge that the culture is broken. ? Its tough. But in 3 years my options open up...

I've been working professionally for 20 years. The past 3 years have been the only 3 years where I could genuinely say my work environment hasn't been toxic. I've worked for small-mid sized design agencies, mostly with leadership that was comprised of over-promoted individual contributors who still functioned from a self-preservation mindset. My past 3 years, big corporate, and dedicated managers - night/day difference. 

Good, servant leadership matters. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I've been working professionally for 20 years. The past 3 years have been the only 3 years where I could genuinely say my work environment hasn't been toxic. I've worked for small-mid sized design agencies, mostly with leadership that was comprised of over-promoted individual contributors who still functioned from a self-preservation mindset. My past 3 years, big corporate, and dedicated managers - night/day difference. 

Good, servant leadership matters. 

Advertising will eat you up. Many bad a-holes and some are condoned if they are perceived to have talent. I worked for a national firm (8 offices) for over 25 years and got with a good one. Happily retired when I was 55. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Jamal is definitely a prick.

Robby is getting heat here because of what he said, but I agree with you that there’s some truth in it. 

What i’d like to identify is that was it more than Gase?

Obviously losing regularly makes things miserable, but Robby wasn’t even here for this year, the worst in a while, and the Panthers were what, a 5 win team? 

If I’m JD, I’d want to call Robby after this article and ask him to speak openly about this. 

Yes, I think Macc set the tone during the time Jamal and Robbie were here. I think the extended suite of leadership and coaching plays a part, and I also think player-leaders make a HUGE impact on culture. For instance, if Jamal is deferred to as a player-leader, and he's completely self-serving and not about the team - well, that's toxic leadership.

I've worked for and with self-serving managers/leaders - they aren't about building up the team around them - they are about stepping on the team around them as they climb higher. It's a culture killer, no matter how many cappucino machines and free pizzas the company foots the bill for.

JD is picking up the pieces. Hopefully a lot of that sh*t gets squashed. Trading Jamal, in my opinion, is a sign he saw him for what he was - a toxic presence. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Advertising will eat you up. Many bad a-holes and some are condoned if they are perceived to have talent. I worked for a national firm (8 offices) for over 25 years and got with a good one. Happily retired when I was 55. 

yea, it sucks - and they don't even command the best talent anymore 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

“I started to look myself in the mirror more, take more ownership of things, and not look at the actual situation I was in. And that’s when I started seeing a lot of personal growth outside of just football and being more happy outside of football, and starting to find more peace.”

He said going through this at age 27 is on the Jets?

Try re-reading what he says without the preconception that he’s blaming the Jets rather than just admitting he made changes himself (not just changing teams) & grew up a bit; and that - aided by his first multi-million dollar bonus check - made other things (including football) less of a place of pressure and/or anxiety. 

I guess people read what they want to between the lines, but unless I conveniently skimmed past it, he didn't say that team/losing made him depressed a la Adams. Never mind Anderson seeing Enunwa's career end in front of him on a play (after nearly ending it in camp a couple seasons prior), and knowing that could be anyone's fate including his own. Fine, except he hadn't cashed in yet, and for anyone life after football would be a lot easier with a nest egg instead of almosts and what-ifs.

Point being he may have said many or all the same things once that contract pressure/anxiety was over if he'd re-signed here for that money, and he could just play football. Plus big duh it's doubly more enjoyable for a WR when he's catching about twice as many passes.

I don't think none of it had to do with swapping teams. Sometimes change for the sake of change is what a person needs, and maybe in 2 years he'll need a scenery change yet again.

Anyway it didn't come across to me as "Playing for the Jets was the cause of all that was bad in my life," so much as, "I'm in a better frame of mind now mentally, and that carries over & makes everything in my life better, including playing football." 

maxresdefault.jpg

..worthy !  ?

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Or, the culture wasn’t that bad, and both Anderson and Adams are exceedingly immature, high-maintenance crybabies with irrationally high opinions of their abilities, and the teams that currently possess their rights now have to make decisions on how to pay both of them commensurate to their actual levels of performance. Best of luck to em.

^^^^^still defending his boo sauce, Adam Gase.

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, I think Macc set the tone during the time Jamal and Robbie were here. I think the extended suite of leadership and coaching plays a part, and I also think player-leaders make a HUGE impact on culture. For instance, if Jamal is deferred to as a player-leader, and he's completely self-serving and not about the team - well, that's toxic leadership.

I've worked for and with self-serving managers/leaders - they aren't about building up the team around them - they are about stepping on the team around them as they climb higher. It's a culture killer, no matter how many cappucino machines and free pizzas the company foots the bill for.

JD is picking up the pieces. Hopefully a lot of that sh*t gets squashed. Trading Jamal, in my opinion, is a sign he saw him for what he was - a toxic presence. 

I agree with all of this.

And I especially like the emphasis on veteran leadership. This is a reason why Richard Sherman for a year makes sense, even if his play is mediocre at best these days. I could definitely see Sherm going into coaching someday. I think giving Marcus Maye a second contract helps as well and sends a good message.

Obviously both of these depend on price, but I'd be looking to pounce quickly while there's a surge of excitement and goodwill after the Saleh hiring. 

• Upvote 1