It’s Watson or Wilson

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I seriously doubt that they would have hired a guy like Knapp unless 1) keeping Sam or2) drafting a guy at#2.  Also, continue to think that the organization is way higher on James Morgan than most people here are.

I think you’re putting too much stock in a QB coach hire.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go.

With the No. 2 overall pick 66.6% chance it's Justin Fields 33.3% chance it's Deshaun Watson  0.01% chance it's Zach Wilson   

Two issues with that plan: either you believe Jets will be in a position to take one of the top QBs next year which means you already know Sam will suck so why waste another year, or we’d need to trad

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sewell is not going to bust there is no "firing" downside and they are ready for the next QB swing, which yes he eventually will have to take 

That pussy mentality sounds like a parallel universe version of Mike "BPA" Maccagnan going OT with his first pick instead of DT.  

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

LMAO at No. 2  overall. 

The Jets will take a QB at 2.  And it's more likely to be Wilson than Fields.  

You don't trade down and hope your QB falls to you.  You take the one you like the most in the spot in which you're drafting.  You don't mess around with QB's.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

With the No. 2 overall pick

66.6% chance it's Sam Darnold + trade down

33.3% chance it's Deshaun Watson 

0.01% chance it's one of fields or wilson 

Fixed this for you

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, peebag said:

How about loading up with draft picks and FA's, running with Sam or James Morgan and if that doesn't pan out, try picking up one in 2022?

Because you're sitting at #2 overall and have a shot to take a highly ranked QB.

Next year you're not certain to be better and unsure of what's available.  

The Jets will trade Sam and take a QB at 2.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That pussy mentality sounds like a parallel universe version of Mike "BPA" Maccagnan going OT with his first pick instead of DT.  

If Mac drafted instant pro bowl offensive linemen like Sewell maybe he'd still be here 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

LMAO at No. 2  overall. 

Lots of personnel people like Wilson over Fields.

Not just a few

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

If Mac drafted instant pro bowl offensive linemen like Sewell maybe he'd still be here 

I'll use your logic.

Lots of Pro Bowl offensive lineman were picked well bellow the #2 pick overall

More of the same logic.  Allen was taken at 5, Q Nelson went after him 6th

• Upvote 1

Sorry I just don't see it. I'm hearing total Ridiculousness.... like trade four 1st round picks for Deshaun Watson? That's the total opposite of how JD has shown he's operating.

A first-round pick and Darnold or CJ Mosley? I could see that, but you don't give up four first-round picks for anybody unless you think they're taking you to the SuperBowl THIS year.

Seriously we literally have three to five building blocks on this team, giving up all of our draft capital for a quarterback with nobody to protect him and nobody to throw to is exactly what we're trying to get out of LOL!

It's nice to dream but we don't even have a team. We have a bunch of hold the fort guys and backups. With those four first-round draft picks you can get a QB to have a competition with Darnold, an edge rusher, a cornerback, and a running back. All of that would make much more of a difference than having DeShaun Watson and no more high draft picks. I just don't see it happening.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

My opinion:

Wilson 75%

Fields 15%

Watson 10%

Sam 0%

My opinion (not what I want but I think will happen)

Sam 75%
Fields 15%
Wilson 10%
Watson 0%

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

My opinion:

Wilson 75%

Fields 15%

Watson 10%

Sam 0%

And you want it that way?

As in wilson is your #2 QB and you are comfortable taking him at #2.

Wilson scares me....

Weeks before the draft I was scared we would take Becton last year. By the time draft night rolled around I was on board I ended up very happy with that selection. 

I don't like us taking Wilson at #2 ..... I don't think I'll be getting on board that train. I'd rather trade down band have an open competition between Darnold, Morgan, and a Vet not named Flacco. 

I'm currently Fields over Wilson but am not sold on either.... I'm reading articles on both most of which equate waste of time fluff pieces. I'm really trying to get past the fact that Wilson looks like he is a child as well.

I'm really glad we won those two games at the end of the season. 😑

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

And you want it that way?

As in wilson is your #2 QB and you are comfortable taking him at #2.

Wilson scares me....

Weeks before the draft I was scared we would take Becton last year. By the time draft night rolled around I was on board I ended up very happy with that selection. 

I don't like us taking Wilson at #2 ..... I don't think I'll be getting on board that train. I'd rather trade down band have an open competition between Darnold, Morgan, and a Vet not named Flacco. 

I'm currently Fields over Wilson but am not sold on either.... I'm reading articles on both most of which equate waste of time fluff pieces. I'm really trying to get past the fact that Wilson looks like he is a child as well.

I'm really glad we won those two games at the end of the season. 😑

I would prefer Watson...I really think he ends up staying at the Texans, but would love him.  I would be comfortable giving up a lot for him.

After that...yes, I like Wilson - I like him a lot.  And you can't mess around with QB's.  If you like him and think he can be the guy then you have to take him at 2.  He won't be there at 24 for sure.  You can maybe trade down a few spots but you're taking a huge chance on your franchise.  You take him and don't look back.  

I really don't like Fields at all...

Sam has to go.  i like Sam but he needs to sit for a year and clear his head.  He's a mess right now, I hope he goes somewhere to sit for a while and get his head right.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I actually had a nightmare last night that we took Wilson at #2. Woke up sweaty at 236am

i wish I made that up. 

You need to look into this thing called Mar-he-juana, works wonders for sleepy time.

• Post of the Week 1
46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I would prefer Watson...I really think he ends up staying at the Texans, but would love him.  I would be comfortable giving up a lot for him.

After that...yes, I like Wilson - I like him a lot.  And you can't mess around with QB's.  If you like him and think he can be the guy then you have to take him at 2.  He won't be there at 24 for sure.  You can maybe trade down a few spots but you're taking a huge chance on your franchise.  You take him and don't look back.  

Sam has to go.  i like Sam but he needs to sit for a year and clear his head.  He's a mess right now, I hope he goes somewhere to sit for a while and get his head right.

Ok so here's my problem with Wilson ... .

I've looked through his Schedule... who did he beat?

I see a lot of beating up on bad competition I don't see a lot of signature wins.

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Side question... Why don't you like Fields?

I can admit I have only seen a handful of his games  in parts when flipping through college games but I did not see much to not like.

The only games I watched beginning to end were Clemson and Alabama. But I saw moxie and good ball placement. After taking the hit against Clemson he was forced to operate out of the pocket and did it well. When they were down big against Alabama he threw a dime of a TD trying to come back.

I see a lot to like with fields.

15 minutes ago, peebag said:

You need to look into this thing called Mar-he-juana, works wonders for sleepy time.

I used to use and abuse. Really agitated my asthma tho and send me into existential parenting doubt. “Am I good father?...” lol 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

No problem passing on a QB as long as the reason isn’t “we want to give Darnold another chance.”

I've said the same thing -- I can live with passing on a QB with the 2nd pick as long as we aren't doing so to "build around Darnold."

We should be looking at upgrading the QB position in a variety of ways.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
11 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Ok so here's my problem with Wilson ... .

I've looked through his Schedule... who did he beat?

I see a lot of beating up on bad competition I don't see a lot of signature wins.

Coastal Carolina, bro! Oh wait. 

Fields has been neck and neck with TL since high school. The one-hit wonder twink wasn't even a thought until late this past year. 

Its Watson or Fields. I really like Fields but dont get me wrong, Watson is worth multiple first rounders. If we end up with a trade for him that leaves us with only a single year of not having a first rounder, you make that deal. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've said the same thing -- I can live with passing on a QB with the 2nd pick as long as we aren't doing so to "build around Darnold."

We should be looking at upgrading the QB position in a variety of ways.

Agreed. 

The most maddening part of the Darnold debate to me is that all of these people post over and over again that our roster is trash but then don't seem to acknowledge that the worst ranked QB in the league is part of the roster. It's a fascinating sort of cognitive dissonance. 

Yes, we have a lot of holes, but the QB is as big of a hole as any (and arguably the biggest).

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, freestater said:

Coastal Carolina, bro! Oh wait. 

Fields has been neck and neck with TL since high school. The one-hit wonder twink wasn't even a thought until late this past year. 

Its Watson or Fields. I really like Fields but dont get me wrong, Watson is worth multiple first rounders. If we end up with a trade for him that leaves us with only a single year of not having a first rounder, you make that deal. 

Two things:

1. I agree Fields has the much better resume in my humble opinion and I would not puke if we took him.... Wilson on the other hand might cause some reflux.

2. You love stirring the pot ... You know what I'm talking about .... Didn't this cause a flurry of misinterpretation last time.... If your intent is to stir the s*** pot and cause a s***storm I like your style and salute you.

george c scott salute GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. 

The most maddening part of the Darnold debate to me is that all of these people post over and over again that our roster is trash but then don't seem to acknowledge that the worst ranked QB in the league is part of the roster. It's a fascinating sort of cognitive dissonance. 

Yes, we have a lot of holes, but the QB is as big of a hole as any (and arguably the biggest).

I mean, I get that Perriman isn't "WR1" but frankly, if you were to compare the 11 starters on offense to league average at their position I think Darnold is probably the worst.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, peebag said:

IncredibleEdiblesFoilBox.jpg

Oh I know indeed. I made my own coconut hemp oil for years. Also you can buy edibles at just about any outlet here... funny story about that and a chick a few weeks ago actually. sour patch was actually sour batch. I realized after coitus and had to split lol 

but yea. Still need to stop feeling a piece of sh*t parent. Maybe if I stop spending 8 hrs a day on here and more attending to their needs that would help

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

My opinion (not what I want but I think will happen)

Sam 75%
Fields 15%
Wilson 10%
Watson 0%

Sam 60%

Wilson 21%

Fields 19%

Watson fans can dream

• Upvote 1

Anyone who thinks JD is paying attention to anything on this site is fooling themselves. 

“ When you start listening to the fans- you wind up sitting with them”.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Looks like my Prostate gland!

The no politics rule stops me from making the joke about what I see, but it starts with Gerry.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sam 60%

Wilson 21%

Fields 19%

Watson fans can dream

Why is Wilson ahead of Fields in your percentages?... Because the Jets are more likely to make the wrong decision?