Tre Hill , C Georgia

section314

I don't see him as a fisrt round pick.  Better run blocker than pass blocker.  He also had some stretches where he struggled snapping the ball in shotgun.  I am far from an expert on OL play, but I see him as more of a R3/R4 guy.  I do not see him in the equation at 23.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't see him as a fisrt round pick.  Better run blocker than pass blocker.  He also had some stretches where he struggled snapping the ball in shotgun.  I am far from an expert on OL play, but I see him as more of a R3/R4 guy.  I do not see him in the equation at 23.

Tnx.  Read about the shotgun issues. It would not bother me in the least if we took him, or another guy, that could come in and start, and slide McGovern over to one of the guard spots. The OSU guy looks good ,too. The Oklahoma guy, Humphrey, seems to have as many guys that like him as don't.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

*quiver.....twitch.....*

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Scouting O lineman for the Jets has changed due to the new outside zone blocking scheme. Lineman can't just be beasts, they have to good on their feet. Luckily Becton is a freak. I'm not sure how nimble Hill is, but "fit" now has to be a consideration.

He is not.  Hill is more of a mauler type, don't think he woudl fit in a zone scheme.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lith said:

He is not.  Hill is more of a mauler type, don't think he woudl fit in a zone scheme.

I don’t think dickerson fits either. Maybe josh myers does? I actually think the switch of schemes benefits Mcgoven greatly and I’d give him another year at starting C before I start looking to replace him.

Also, i question how the scheme switch effects my favorite back-up who was not allowed to walk on the field this season, Cam Clark.

19 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Scouting O lineman for the Jets has changed due to the new outside zone blocking scheme. Lineman can't just be beasts, they have to good on their feet. Luckily Becton is a freak. I'm not sure how nimble Hill is, but "fit" now has to be a consideration.

Ironically, that might help Fant.

20 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I genuinely think the Jets are going to do less on the OL than fans want this offseason. Cohesion matters, the group got better over the course of the season, they generally seem to fit the wide zone well, and they’re controlled at reasonable prices for the next two seasons.

Douglas has the flexibility to get out of pretty much anything (Lewis, Fant, and GVR are easy to cut and McGovern can move to guard) and I think he certainly would for a clear upgrade - but I expect one or two new starters much more than three or four. Meanwhile lots of the offseason mocks have total line revamps, updates at center, etc.

I think one really good guard largely keeps cohesion and brings everything together and I think that’s your new starter. Then maybe a shot at developing a center and a right tackle to take over for McGovern and Fant in the mid-late rounds this year or next unless Douglas decides he wants Sewell.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2021 at 7:42 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

I don’t think dickerson fits either. Maybe josh myers does? I actually think the switch of schemes benefits Mcgoven greatly and I’d give him another year at starting C before I start looking to replace him.

Also, i question how the scheme switch effects my favorite back-up who was not allowed to walk on the field this season, Cam Clark.

We're not switching run blocking scheme at all. More so play calling philosophy. Gase run a zone blocking offense and that's the reason he ask Mac to go after Mac Paradise and later JD to sign McGovern.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:42 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

Mcgovern played much better as the season went on, I think like anything it took the Oline time to gel.

I had heard early on in the offseason last year that JD and the team preferred in an ideal world to have McGovern play guard where they felt he was a better player.  Will they opt to move him this year if they can get a Center?  Possibly, I am unsure if they still feel that way.  

I am almost at the point where I dont see any way possible we dont have Thuney on this team next year, JD loveddddddd him last year and was crushed the pats franchised him.. If he's available again he'll be the #1 priority for douglas.  Which opens things up a little bit where you can move Mcgovern to Guard and draft a center or leave mcgovern at center and draft another guard. 

Creed Humphrey, Josh Myers & Landon Dickerson are top 3 Centers... I have Dickerson last because he suffered a knee injury late in the season... imo Humphrey & Myers are equal.

Same reason I'm not too high on Wyatt Davis ( I'm aware he's a guard) but he hurt his knee in the championship game against Alabama & previously hurt it in early December against Michigan State...  before his injury in the championship he wasn't having such a good game.