Is anybody else's mail delivery all eff'ed up ?

The post office in the town I live in is complete garbage.  

I've also received bills late that made me late in paying. 

They flew a tattered and torn American flag for months when you told them about it the clerk shrugged her shoulders.

They delivered a package of mine clear across town and only after getting the police involved I got  my package.

The lines to mail something or buy stamps is out the door. ( I buy stamps at CostCo now and use the town over post office) 

My mailman is the best and apologizes for the post office all the time. 

No one should be surprised by this or the government doing nothing about all the telemarketer annoying phone calls. 

I bought some Jets merchandise; two Quinnen Williams footballs and a Chad Pennington mini helmet, all signed. Guy sent me the USPS tracking #, it said it was delivered on 1/4/21.  After much back and forth it showed up yesterday.

My mail service has always been notoriously uneven so I haven't noticed all that much of a difference. I did go online to track something I sent to my nephew for his birthday and it looks like it's gonna get there on time. However, right across the top of the USPS main page in a huge red banner it says that there are *unprecedented increases in volume and they understaffed due to spikes in COVID. 

https://www.usps.com/

*Ballots, caugh caugh . . . ? 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I bought some Jets merchandise; two Quinnen Williams footballs and a Chad Pennington mini helmet, all signed. Guy sent me the USPS tracking #, it said it was delivered on 1/4/21.  After much back and forth it showed up yesterday.

Did the Pennington helmet come slightly damaged?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

BTW, did you order that Pennington jersey back in 2000?  If so, yeah, I'd say delivery was slow.

Dude wanted $30 for a signed mini helmet. I think unsigned mini helmets go for more than that. LOL, I can legitimately erase the signature and I made out.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Not many invoices I receive via mail any more. Do everything on-line. So much easier.

Agreed. It’s easier and nobody can steal your sh*t. I think the only things I write checks for are property tax and water/sewer

I had a customer mail me a check last year and I never got it and it was cashed for $2,000.00 more than it was written for. These scumbags were fishing mailboxes and pulling checks, then putting a chemical on the checks to remove the ink and rewrite them. Have you noticed the tiny openings in the new mail boxes? I use indelible ink when I write my checks, the few that I do write.

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2021 at 6:41 PM, Maxman said:

Dude wanted $30 for a signed mini helmet. I think unsigned mini helmets go for more than that. LOL, I can legitimately erase the signature and I made out.

I’ll bet you your Jets lamp is now priceless. I can’t find that item anywhere anymore. Credit to your wife for giving me the intel on that. I had a tremendous amount of pressure on me being your secret Santa that year.

2 hours ago, BP said:

Agreed. It’s easier and nobody can steal your sh*t. I think the only things I write checks for are property tax and water/sewer

I had a customer mail me a check last year and I never got it and it was cashed for $2,000.00 more than it was written for. These scumbags were fishing mailboxes and pulling checks, then putting a chemical on the checks to remove the ink and rewrite them. Have you noticed the tiny openings in the new mail boxes? I use indelible ink when I write my checks, the few that I do write.

They did that in the town I live in. My neighbors utility bills were fished out of a mailbox and names changed to cash on the checks. They used a Gatorade bottle wrapped in 3M tape my mailman told me. All the mailboxes in town are now the small gear slots. 

I would think this is a federal offense and authorities would have made arrests, so far I have heard nothing, 

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They did that in the town I live in. My neighbors utility bills were fished out of a mailbox and names changed to cash on the checks. They used a Gatorade bottle wrapped in 3M tape my mailman told me. All the mailboxes in town are now the small gear slots. 

I would think this is a federal offense and authorities would have made arrests, so far I have heard nothing, 

Yeah, but paying bills online is not without its own risks.  Few years ago, I paid an electrical bill online.  It was about $200.00.  I missed the decimal point.  Yes, I paid $20K to Commonwealth Edison. 

Found out about it when I went to cash a check at my bank and was told I was overdrawn.  Called Com Ed and they told me not to worry, they would just hold the excess and credit it against future bills.  When I asked for a refund, they told me that I had to request a check and it would take 30-60 days to process the refund.  Spoke to my bank manager who agreed that they should not have paid the bill, their safeguards should have caught it, so they gave me an interest-free loan until I got the refund from Com Ed, so I was only out the cash for a couple of days. 

But I am still known at my bank as the idiot who paid a $20K electric bill.

10 hours ago, Lith said:

Yeah, but paying bills online is not without its own risks.  Few years ago, I paid an electrical bill online.  It was about $200.00.  I missed the decimal point.  Yes, I paid $20K to Commonwealth Edison. 

Found out about it when I went to cash a check at my bank and was told I was overdrawn.  Called Com Ed and they told me not to worry, they would just hold the excess and credit it against future bills.  When I for a refund, they told me that I had to request a check and it would take 30-60 days to process the refund.  Spoke to my bank manager who agreed that they should not have paid the bill, their safeguards should have caught it, so they gave me an interest-free loan until I got the refund from Com Ed, so I was only out the cash for a couple of days. 

That's infuriating. What a bunch of humps. There is no way in hell they didn't know that was an error and they should've called you. Of course it took them 30-60 seconds for them to cash it but 30-60 DAYS to return it. 

I am honest to a fault, but there are reasons both specific and nebulous that if something works in my favor with a utility bill I keep my mouth shut. The majority of them are crooks. Like they give a chuck about me?! See how I laugh. Of course the data entry person who processed that check isn't Mr. Con Ed by any stretch, that isn't what I mean; but so much shady garbage goes on.

Prime example, Suburban Propane and Coleman Propane got in a lot of trouble around here about 5 years ago for ripping off people blind but not nearly the same level of trouble if you had ciphoned gas from their holding tanks. 

Funny story, but well over 10 years ago, I got an email from my cell phone provider (Sprint) that if I belonged to any number of credit unions or companies on their list I was entitled to 10% group discount off of my monthly bill. So I fill out the online form and it won't take the submission. I call my cell phone co. several times, and no-one even knows what I'm talking about. I got so pissed that where it said 'Enter Employee Code', I literally banged in random numbers and letters . . . AND IT TOOK IT. It gets better.

The original email said if you are a MEMBER on this list of credit unions or companies and the FORM said if you are an EMPLOYEE. Well, after that form went through, I got a confirmation email that said, "Congratulations! As an employee of Maryland Trucking Company, you are entitled to a 23% employee group discount off of your monthly bill!" I live in NY and I'm not a trucker. Think I told Sprint? That went on for 3 years until somebody caught it. "I don't know what you're talking about, my bad, I should examine my bills more closely." If I tell you how many times they screwed me on my bill, the playing field wasn't even remotely level. And the truth is, I know this because . . . drumroll . . . I ALWAYS examined my bill VERY CLOSELY. They screwed me on the regular until I was calling about mysterious line items ALL THE TIME.

Anyway, it's what I consider a truly victimless crime. My head rests comfortably on the pillow to this day. Wait until I tell you my Spectrum Story. I actually made those mfrs cut me a check for .02 plus the postage to mail it to me and yes, I cashed it, hahaha. Fck 'em all! OK, gotta go pirate some movies! ==> a/k/a jeto's faceless revenge! 

EDIT & P.S.: I still pay the overwhelming majority of my bills with conventional checks. If they don't take even something nominal off of my bill to go paperless, I don't. Wait for my money like everyone else. 

EDIT & P.P.S: Anyone remember several years ago when some guy got one of those 'checks' in the mail (speaking of the mail) that he won 5 million dollars? I'm trying to remember which bank it was (and I will), but they are notorious for nickel-and-diming customers to death. He deposited it and they cashed it, hahaha. He spent around 180 grand before they caught the mistake. His defense was well, no way in hell did I ever think you'd be dumb enough to put it through so your stupidity shouldn't be my cross to bear. He got a really good lawyer and of course he had to pay restitution but it got GREATLY reduced. That's why when you get those 'checks' now they say this is not a check across the front, LMAO.

11 hours ago, Lith said:

Found out about it when I went to cash a check at my bank and was told I was overdrawn.  Called Com Ed and they told me not to worry, they would just hold the excess and credit it against future bills.  When I asked for a refund, they told me that I had to request a check and it would take 30-60 days to process the refund.  Spoke to my bank manager who agreed that they should not have paid the bill, their safeguards should have caught it, so they gave me an interest-free loan until I got the refund from Com Ed, so I was only out the cash for a couple of days. 

Lol I review it at least 3 or 4 times before I click submit. The utility companies are scumbags. I got a new furnace/central ac and water heater a few years back and looked at my gas meter, it was installed in 1984. I called pseg and requested them to replace it. Cost me nothing and it took 10 minutes to replace it. A month later I got a $1,500.00 credit to my gas bill for over charges (my gas meter is inside the house)