Win SuperBowl with Darnold scenario

It can done if the jets can field clones of the 72 doltfins or the late 70’s Steelers to go along with darnold.  In reality no QBs is going to win without a good supporting cast.  Get a good run option to go with a good passing game and a QBs will thrive.

to be decent with a bad supporting cast, you have to be an animal athlete like Josh Allen, who can make something out of nothing, or a Lamar Jackson type athlete. That way, when things break down (cause your team stinks), you can make gravy first downs and extend plays since you have no protection or receivers open.  What's most surprising and concerning about Darnold, is that he doesn't move like an elite athlete. He's kind of molasses. That's why when nobody was open, he never made something out of nothing, and it was three and out all the time. Look at Allen's first year - he didn't know what he was doing, but he was a great running qb and made things interesting. Darnold is boring as hell. I'd rather see Bobby Douglas under center (for you old timers).  They say that Darnold is good when the plays break down. I don't see it. He's not elusive, he's not fast, he lumbers ot the side and throws the ball out of bounds.

What was it that most of you kept saying back when Darnold was in his first year here... I think it was something like, good on rollouts, or when he's forced out of the pocket he can throw on the run well, etc...

Well now the SF offense is more predicated for that type of QB, and you still think that it's impossible for him to succeed. Granted it's a long uphill climb from getting out from under GASE's system of no leaning, but all of you were going bonkers for SAM when we drafted him, laughing at Cleveland for taking Mayfield. We should at least give him one last shot to see if he can be the QB we all wanted him to be, now that he has a staff that is here to make him succeed, it's all on SAM to take that step. If no, then he's not here past 2021. I don't care if we can't get a #3 for him after this coming year, I do however wish to treat the kid right and give him his last opportunity to prove it to us fans.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Is this the scenario where he gets a ring as a backup, or the scenario where he is starting and they adopt a new CBA rule that the other 31 teams have to crawl around on all fours?

He gets a training camp with his weaponz next year and no one else does.